Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91

Thread: Turn On The Jets Offensive Film Breakdown Jets vs. Steelers

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @nyjetscap: Watched some more footage of the #Jets game last week. Holmes is going to be a problem if this happens again. Terrible demeanor towards QB
    I don't know why anyone feels good about this guy. This is the Jeremy Shockey problem. The Giants were smart enough to ship his ass out of town, though.

    The offense looks better without this guy. Even in 2010, the offense was looking good until this guy joined the team in game five. I don't know why people are in denial about this. Sanchez clearly feels pressure to force feed this guy the ball.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @nyjetscap: Watched some more footage of the #Jets game last week. Holmes is going to be a problem if this happens again. Terrible demeanor towards QB

    CMART I can not thank you enough for your efforts to make this site fantastic and I said it before you should join with Sooth to start a for profit electronic newsletter along with the other great writers from this site and you guys would make money as well as elevate the coverage of the Jets!!!

    Anyway....

    Please note how the Giants delt with their malecontents, Tiki Barber and Schockey, both of whom IMO were far superior players for the Giants success than is Holmes for the Jets. That is the Giants immediately got rid of a HOF caliber player Barber and a then All-Pro TE in Shockey as soon as they saw these guys were going to be ongoing trouble for their starting QB.

    In the first case they let the first malcontent "retire" before the next season without a word and the other malecontent TE watched from a booth while the QB he was constantly showing up was leading his team to a SB!!!

    In the Jets case they force feed a guy in Homles who is not running his routes properly and who is making his QB look bad but the difference this year is Sparano knows what is happening and is going to say something before he lets this clown's act demoralize the starting QB.

    Watch......

  3. #63
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @nyjetscap: Watched some more footage of the #Jets game last week. Holmes is going to be a problem if this happens again. Terrible demeanor towards QB
    And so it begins. Again.

    Rex, Sparano, Sanchez - one of them, or all of them, need to put this loser in check, ASAP.

  4. #64
    Hopefully the coaches have the balls to rip Holmes a new one during film sessions.

    It's time for Powell to take over at RB1

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    CMart ... You are the best poster by far ... Nice.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    CMART I can not thank you enough for your efforts to make this site fantastic and I said it before you should join with Sooth to start a for profit electronic newsletter along with the other great writers from this site and you guys would make money as well as elevate the coverage of the Jets!!!
    Anyway....

    .....
    CB,
    Thanks! I just try to find informative info for myself and then post it here to try and make JI the most informative and accurate Jets site around

    If anyone has ideas how to take it up a notch I'm all ears (and eyes).
    Thanks again!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    CMART I can not thank you enough for your efforts to make this site fantastic and I said it before you should join with Sooth to start a for profit electronic newsletter along with the other great writers from this site and you guys would make money as well as elevate the coverage of the Jets!!!

    Anyway....

    Please note how the Giants delt with their malecontents, Tiki Barber and Schockey, both of whom IMO were far superior players for the Giants success than is Holmes for the Jets. That is the Giants immediately got rid of a HOF caliber player Barber and a then All-Pro TE in Shockey as soon as they saw these guys were going to be ongoing trouble for their starting QB.

    In the first case they let the first malcontent "retire" before the next season without a word and the other malecontent TE watched from a booth while the QB he was constantly showing up was leading his team to a SB!!!

    In the Jets case they force feed a guy in Homles who is not running his routes properly and who is making his QB look bad but the difference this year is Sparano knows what is happening and is going to say something before he lets this clown's act demoralize the starting QB.

    Watch......
    You beat me to the punch only I say look at Beladick. Welker gives them grief in contract talks... minimal looks game 1. Ocho doesn't run the routes? On the bench then cut. I don't care what it costs, holMEs should ride the bench at Miami and it should be made clear to Greene he is next if he doesn't step up. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of tough love from coaches. Sure we risk taking point hit but you have to think long term.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,367
    Fantastic post.

    I think this highlight's the fact that we rely too much on Sanchez & Holmes. McKnight and Powell need to start being featured with along with Tebow to run. We will NOT be successful this year leaning on the latter 2


    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Greene is a JAG, but you folks are really blowing up Powell's skirt. I thought he was okay at best. But our starting, #1 RB? I don't think so.
    True. It's next man up at this point tho.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4602100]
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Great post, awesome site, I have never been there before.

    The still frame of greene's run could literally make me cry....how the team hasnt gone to powell is beyond comprehension.[/QUOTE]

    It really is. Greene looks for a defender to hit, its comical that a RB looks for contact so often. I am not sure how people can continue to defend him and think of him as anything more than an average #2 RB.
    Rex likes him, so he will start. This doen't mean the best player is on the field.

  10. #70
    Greene needs to be limited in his carries to 10-15 at best. Give Powell(10+) and McKnight(7+) and lets see what they can do. As I said in other threads...these two RB's need to be given a chance to either succeed or fail. And neither have been given that chance.

    McKnight is the more explosive of the two. And the best receiver from the RB position. Last year in one game...Joe caught one pass for over 25 yards. And another between 15-20 yards. LB's can't stay with him. Give Joe the damn ball!

    I also said it last year...talented as he may be...Holmes is a punk. Every time there's an incompletion...He spins the blame on either the refs or Sanchez. By his words or demeanor...he consistently proclaims himself blameless. Never points the finger at his own chest...indicating his fault. No way you ever going to see this dude do that.

    Unless the speed receivers(Hill-Schilens-Gates) are being effective on the other side...Holmes will continue to struggle to get open and make plays. And blame others for his failures.

    Sparano needs to make the necessary adjustments...and feature more Powell-McKnight at RB. And focus more on Kerley-Keller-Hill-Schilens-Gates as receivers. Let Greene and Holmes earn their playing time by performing as expected...which they're not doing. If the production isn't there...then their playing time needs to diminish accordingly. Period.

    Lets see what happens in this upcoming game with the phins.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Fantastic post.

    I think this highlight's the fact that we rely too much on Sanchez & Holmes. McKnight and Powell need to start being featured with along with Tebow to run. We will NOT be successful this year leaning on the latter 2




    True. It's next man up at this point tho.
    Did you mean Greene? I think we need to rely on our QB and if we can't he would need to go. As I said from what I saw in the game, the WRs really let down our QB in a game where he was admittedly not completely perfect, but far from terrible either.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,367
    Look, I was one of McKnight's most critical voyeurs, and even I can concede he's displayed some wiggle out there. They need to give one of these guys a 10+ opportunity. Not 4 carries in obvious situations. Fck does that piss me off.

  13. #73
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,688
    I've met Shonn Greene in person and he was very nice, pretty humble for a pro athlete. I wished him the best for this season, but the footage speaks for itself.

    The sad part is that it does not look like a great draft for RB this year.

  14. #74
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    There are at least 3 people who should not be on this team, Scott, Ducrap and Holmes should have been cut after last season. Add Rex with no clue how to use Tebow ... i'ma getting to be real not impressed
    genius...Did you read anything about Scott, or Ducasse, or do you just make this stuff up in your head?

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,084
    What is so fustrating, is that there wouldnt be an Arian Foster, unless at some point the team said "F it, what we have isnt working, lets try something new." Yes injuries give guys opportunities, but even in the smallest sample size on sunday (literally 2 plays) powell bounced a run to the outside for a gain that greene never could have made. Then we go into the wildcat, rip 2 big runs, and then greene loses 6 on another ankle tackle.

    You see those plays, then you look at the tape/pictures posted here (which the coaches have) and to me there is no decision.

    If powell's name was doug martin and we took him over hill, he would automatically be splitting carries because of where we took him. Powell can pass protect and AT THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM will show defenses a new dimension.

    The definition of insanity is doign the same damn thing over and over again expecting a different result. Greene has been given more opportunity then any RB in league history, and the results have been EXACTLY the same. It is time to move on.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

    If anyone has ideas how to take it up a notch I'm all ears (and eyes).
    Thanks again!
    Fire Tanny.

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Why the hell did we draft Powell if he's never going to play. He has shown enough to warrant a look.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Look, I was one of McKnight's most critical voyeurs, and even I can concede he's displayed some wiggle out there. They need to give one of these guys a 10+ opportunity. Not 4 carries in obvious situations. Fck does that piss me off.
    McKnight would be ideal. I'm not sure why he's gotten no opportunities with the first team. I know his pass blocking is awful, but his route running/receiving skills, and burst should make him good for first and second down. Maybe he's been dropping the ball in practice?

    They will be working on beating press coverage this week. Hill, and Schilens have the size to beat it. We'll see what happens going forward. They're going to have big tests coming up from SF, and Houston. We'll see if they make any progress. You have to remember it's week two of a new offense, and Hill is only 2 weeks old as well. It's a process. People need to stop panicking. The Steelers are pretty good at home. They had a good plan, and they put us off our game, but we had chances to win this thing. The talent is there. Well now the coaches have to earn their money.

  19. #79
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,084
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    McKnight would be ideal. I'm not sure why he's gotten no opportunities with the first team. I know his pass blocking is awful, but his route running/receiving skills, and burst should make him good for first and second down. Maybe he's been dropping the ball in practice?

    They will be working on beating press coverage this week. Hill, and Schilens have the size to beat it. We'll see what happens going forward. They're going to have big tests coming up from SF, and Houston. We'll see if they make any progress. You have to remember it's week two of a new offense, and Hill is only 2 weeks old as well. It's a process. People need to stop panicking. The Steelers are pretty good at home. They had a good plan, and they put us off our game, but we had chances to win this thing. The talent is there. Well now the coaches have to earn their money.
    There has to be a reason mcknight isnt in there....im not sure what it is, but anyway.

    I think the above about press coverage is HUGE.

    After the Bills display, having hill and kerley struggle a bit isnt the worst thing that can happen. Hill was/is gonna struggle with press coverage all season, so the fact that we can start working on it right away is a good thing.

    We dont need to be firing on every cylinder in week 2, we just need to be improving each week, and hopefully getting powell in the game.

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    There has to be a reason mcknight isnt in there....im not sure what it is, but anyway.

    I think the above about press coverage is HUGE.

    After the Bills display, having hill and kerley struggle a bit isnt the worst thing that can happen. Hill was/is gonna struggle with press coverage all season, so the fact that we can start working on it right away is a good thing.

    We dont need to be firing on every cylinder in week 2, we just need to be improving each week, and hopefully getting powell in the game.
    mcknight doesn't play on 3rd downs b/c he doesn't block. yet there are plenty of other teams who use speedy rbs who can't block - they're commonly called weapons. their role is to catch and run, not block.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us