Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn On The Jets Offensive Film Breakdown – Jets vs. Steelers

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I agree, Keller is a key piece that was missing last week. This board seems to continually bash Keller...He does drop too many balls but he's been the Jets best receiver for three years and Sanchez's favorite target.

Losing him last week was bigger than most people though.
    Thats because he has been the ONLY target with Sanchez for his entire tenure with the Jets.

Basically, our starting RB and WR sucks. Greene has been a disappointment since his rookie season and Holmes has been a disappointment since he got paid.

Undrafted Free Agent
    It is time for more McKnight, Powell and yes Tebow running the ball. Shonn Greene doesn’t merit more than 15 carries per game at this point.
    I'm sick of watching Greene stumble into the line and get maybe two to three yards a carry. No breakout speed and can't catch the ball out of the backfield worth a damm. I can't remember when Greene caught a screen pass this year? Was there even one? Let Powell and McKnight play and get the bulk of touches, maybe 30 to 35 combined with Greene getting a few and Tebow getting anywhere from 8 to 12 touches as well. How about the Jets making these plays where the receiver takes a step forward then catches the ball in the flat and goes for 7 to 9 yards a clip! Why don't we run this play? Everyone else does and they always get positive yards. Stumped

jf

Banned
    i think the inexperience at wr hurt us alot in the pittsburgh game.

All League
    I think the reality is, and we're all going to have to face it ...

The Jets talent is very average across the board. Outside of Revis and Mangold they really don't excel anywhere.

They have some young potential (Coples, Hill, Ellis and Wilkerson) which might bode well for the future but this year - I'm afraid they're going to be very average...
    Last edited by fidelioion; 09-18-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I laud your analysis. This was a pleasure to read. It is obvious that Holmes plays uninspired and uses his diva antics to shift the blame. I have to say, I am disappointed in Shonn Greene always getting low and never making anyone miss. The concussion he gave himself was a head shaker for sure and I think the other backs should get a chance to prove their worth with more carries. Even *gasp* Tebow.

All League
    It's a little 'glass half full' .. but if 2 of the following things happen:

- Sanchez hits Holmes for the 2nd TD
    - Cromartie bats the Wallace TD away
    - Kerley doesn't fumble
    - Powell gets more carries
    - Sanchez doesn't take the illegal shot to the head

... then it's probably still a game late in the 4th quarter.

Jets need to shake it off, hope Revis comes back, and clean up the very correctable mistakes on both O and D. The talent is still there, Jets just need to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    It's a little 'glass half full' .. but if 2 of the following things happen:

- Sanchez hits Holmes for the 2nd TD
    - Cromartie bats the Wallace TD away
    - Kerley doesn't fumble
    - Powell gets more carries
    - Sanchez doesn't take the illegal shot to the head

... then it's probably still a game late in the 4th quarter.

Jets need to shake it off, hope Revis comes back, and clean up the very correctable mistakes on both O and D. The talent is still there, Jets just need to execute.
    This is pretty much where I'm at too...

Veteran
    Great stuff, thank you for posting

Rookie
    There are at least 3 people who should not be on this team, Scott, Ducrap and Holmes should have been cut after last season. Add Rex with no clue how to use Tebow ... i'ma getting to be real not impressed

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    We have to stop forcing the ball to Holmes. Rex needs to tell Sparano to make him a lesser part of the game plan, and he needs to tell Sanchez to stop targeting him so much. If Santonio gets butthurt, tough ****.
    To me, this is what I took away from our offensive game planning. Holmes would be more successful if he was not targeted so much. All the good QB's spread the ball around making it much harder to defend. Even with no name TE's and bottom of the roster WRs, we have to spread the ball around.

All League
    Are Sanchez's problems due to Holmes?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Are Sanchez's problems due to Holmes?
    yes and no... it doesn't help when your #1 receiver is better saying stupid **** to the media than he is at catching balls that hit him in the numbers.

Veteran
    Greene is a JAG, but you folks are really blowing up Powell's skirt. I thought he was okay at best. But our starting, #1 RB? I don't think so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Greene is a JAG, but you folks are really blowing up Powell's skirt. I thought he was okay at best. But our starting, #1 RB? I don't think so.
    Powell is probably just a run of the mill back-- but he provides WAY more than Greene at this point.

All Pro
    That is a GREAT SERIES OPs!!!!! WOW!!!!

But what was really pointed out to me by this analysis was that Sanchez often starts to SUCK precisely because we have WRs, including and not limited to our number 1 WR in Holmes who either don't know what they are doing or choose not to do what they know.

The question is if it is this obvious to someone who knows what to look for how the heck are the Jets coaching staff letting this stuff go on and why haven't we brought in players who know what to do and are willing to execute the proper techniques?

This is disgusting!!!

How are we going to have any QB, forget Sanchez, I mean John U could be back there and expect them to be successful if this is the level of skill and play of our WRs!!!!

Veteran
    Powell is probably just a run of the mill back-- but he provides WAY more than Greene at this point.
    Absolutely. Not questioning this at all.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    yes and no... it doesn't help when your #1 receiver is better saying stupid **** to the media than he is at catching balls that hit him in the numbers.
    It's so hard to root for this guy. Seeing him here in Pittsburgh and now in New York....... ****, I just can't stand the guy. If he played well, I could handle, but his performance thus far is unbearable.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    At this point I think you are being gracious with the JAG label.

All Pro
    It's amazing to me how stubborn some people can be...Sparano should have no loyalty to Greene. Play the best players, lets go
    I don't think it is Sparano at all!!!

I think Rex and Tanny Boy want to look good as properly stated in an earlier post!!!