Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Any word on Revis against the fins?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Any word on Revis against the fins?

    Is he playing? Is he out for a while? Whats the word?

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may or may not play.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that clears things up.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the very earliest, we'll hear something tomorrow.

    I really want him to come back, but if there is a game he could afford to miss, it is this one. The Dolphins could still obviously beat us, but it wouldn't be because we couldn't cover an outside receiver. Cromartie can easily shut Hartline down. That being said, if Revis plays, he's gluing Bess and we're holding this team to 10 points or less.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as Matt moore doesn't play, we'll be OK. Rex and Pettine should confuse the crap out of the rookie Tannehill. BUT (and yes that is in CAPS), HC Joe Philbin and OC Mike Sherman are pretty freaking good offensive minds, and they will definitely have some tricks up their sleeves (ie. perhaps some of the wildcat-type plays we aren't using).

    Anywho, the last game shows how valuable Revis is, despite the team playing undermanned with only 3 CBs and 2 safeties the whole game. He literally takes the best receiving option out of the game, which is huge.

    In theory, you say Revis can sit vs. the Fins. But really, we can't sleep on Miami. we know how that turns out when we do. If Revis is good to go, he has to play

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    To my knowledge Revis hasn't been cleared for contact yet....

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    not cleared yet by the jets medical staff and the independent consultant

    from what I'm hearing, it is getting close and could happen tomorrow

    or not

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as we jam those receivers off the line we'll be fine. Especially in the slot.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    not cleared yet by the jets medical staff and the independent consultant

    from what I'm hearing, it is getting close and could happen tomorrow

    or not
    If not, are you going to put the doctor on your ignore list?

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way teams are playing with the schoolteacher refs someone is definately going to give Revis a serious head shot just to see if they can get him out. Not worth the risk in my opinion, if there is ANY doubt whatsoever.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The way teams are playing with the schoolteacher refs someone is definately going to give Revis a serious head shot just to see if they can get him out. Not worth the risk in my opinion, if there is ANY doubt whatsoever.
    He can't play unless hes cleared to play, if hes cleared to play he should and will play.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If not, are you going to put the doctor on your ignore list?
    the only ones on the ignore list are those that truly deserve to be there


    chowd trolls

    SOJFs

    Teboneheads

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis will play this week. If not it worse than been reported and it could be another 3 weeks before The Jets get him back.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Revis will play this week. If not it worse than been reported and it could be another 3 weeks before The Jets get him back.
    Not a doctor, but I've been told at any concussion is serious ... Could be another week or three.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If not, are you going to put the doctor on your ignore list?
    I chuckled .

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The way teams are playing with the schoolteacher refs someone is definately going to give Revis a serious head shot just to see if they can get him out. Not worth the risk in my opinion, if there is ANY doubt whatsoever.
    It's not like he got hurt because of an offensive player.

    Who is going to give him a head shot? He plays defense. They administer the pain.

    If he could get re-injured, it would be because he initiated a hit.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    It's not like he got hurt because of an offensive player.

    Who is going to give him a head shot? He plays defense. They administer the pain.

    If he could get re-injured, it would be because he initiated a hit.
    Scott can be pretty offensive at times . I was unaware that offensive players never take cheap shots. Is it like an honor code or something?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If not, are you going to put the doctor on your ignore list?
    LOL

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If not, are you going to put the doctor on your ignore list?
    Post of the year award.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    It's not like he got hurt because of an offensive player.

    Who is going to give him a head shot? He plays defense. They administer the pain.

    If he could get re-injured, it would be because he initiated a hit.
    You must have missed Golden Tate blowing Sean Lee up...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us