Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question re: buying on Stubhub, etc...

All League

Question re: buying on Stubhub, etc...

So, I'm planning on buying 4 tix to the Niners game on the secondary market (Stub Hub or NFL ticket exchange). Going to buy coaches club (I know it's a rip off, but it's a special occasion, and my buddies and I have decided that's what we're going to do)...
    My question is this -- will the prices drop during the week before the game, and will there still be seats available if I wait until last minute? In other words, should I buy this week, or wait?
    Any guidance appreciated.

Jets Insider VIP
    wait

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    So, I'm planning on buying 4 tix to the Niners game on the secondary market (Stub Hub or NFL ticket exchange). Going to buy coaches club (I know it's a rip off, but it's a special occasion, and my buddies and I have decided that's what we're going to do)...
    My question is this -- will the prices drop during the week before the game, and will there still be seats available if I wait until last minute? In other words, should I buy this week, or wait?
    Generally, prices at the last minute (day of game) will plunge and electronic delivery makes it a great bargain.

BUT - selection can be very limited - 4 coaches club tix might not be available together.

A lot will depend on this weekends games. A 2-1 Jets vs an undefeated 49er team could be a hot ticket. A 1-2 Jets ticket - not so much.

If the Coaches Club seats are really important, just buy them and don't look at the prices again. Ignorance is bliss!!

If you are really willing to risk it, wait until the Friday or Saturday before the game. stubhub will allow to see how manyseats in your chosen section are available at any time. If inventory gets low, time to buy!

I know the great hall (visitor side same seats) ALWAYS drop the day before and day of. My brother owns them. I don't pay much attention to coaches club unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

BUT - selection can be very limited - 4 coaches club tix might not be available together.
    Stub Hub right now only has 3 Coach Club sets of 4. $600, $671 and $800.

The $600 ones are sweet. On the aisle towards midfield row 19. The others closer to the 30. I'm surprised that's all there is. Those sections are way more than half empty every game.
    Last edited by Dcat; 09-19-2012 at 12:18 AM.

All League
    Thanks for the feedback. Good advice.

Any significant differences I should be aware between NFL Ticket Exchange and Stubhub (other than just seeing which one has the best price)?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Stub Hub right now only has 3 Coach Club sets of 4. $600, $671 and $800.

The $600 ones are sweet. On the aisle towards midfield row 19. The others closer to the 30. I'm surprised that's all there is. Those sections are way more than half empty every game.
    A lot of the coaches club tickets are unsold and put on the secondary market by the Jets. Many of them are used for promotional purposes, once the Jets know how many are not being use they will dump them on the open market. Many more tickets will be available the week before the game.

Practice Squad
    I get tix for at least 2 games a year on Stubhub.

I start looking in specific sections, as early as possible. I get to know the going rates for certain sections, usually sorted by row. If you are looking at Uppers for example, this makes it easy to see price anomolies you can jump on (an unusually low price for a low row).

It is difficult to say if prices will rise or fall over time. One thing to look at is Number of Tickets remaining, overall, for the game.

If that stays pretty much high - and flat - prices will likely start dropping as sellers panic (or auto-price-drop kicks in).

And of course keep an eye on team results as another poster mentioned. A win will likely raise demand, a loss drop it, overall. So be prepared to act fast if you are ready to buy and the Jets win a prior game.

Practice Squad
    Here's current S/H availabilty overall.

Obviouslly this game is soon, so fewer tickets remain than for later games.

But regardless, appx 2900 seems low to me... so if that starts dropping, you may want to act soon.

I have 49ers Coaches Club I most likely will be selling. Will know 100% by Friday morning. I can sell for less than lowest price on stubhub as I wont be paying fees.

I have four seats and I am looking to either get a fifth seat by Thursday night to take whole family or just go with wife and sell extra pair. I have three kids so it is either take all three or none.

So if anyone has one extra seat pm me, or if anyone wants to buy my extra two coaches club seat pm me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Any significant differences I should be aware between NFL Ticket Exchange and Stubhub (other than just seeing which one has the best price)?
    Gaff - As everyone suggests, prices plummett day of game. As an example, I found Mezz Club seats on the morning of opening day for less than 1/2 price.

But, if you don't want to take the risk, buy them in advance.

Also, Craigslist is another avenue for tickets. But, you need to be astute in weeding through the brokers and scammers. If you know what to look for, you can find a legit STH who is simply looking to get rid of tix without fees. I found a guy (Tebow fan) who's wife bought him Club Seats on the 30 yd line, but at the last minute her boss gave them 50 yard line seats. He was happy to get whatever he could for them.

I know you come from far away so at the end of the day, you may just want to have tickets in your hand. But, I've gotten tix to hard to get events (like book of mormon) by waiting until the last minute and pulling the trigger on Stub Hub tix. Considering the large quantity of tickets, I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something close to what you want. Just be sure you either have access to a printer or are able to go to the Stub Hub last minute center - whereever that is for the Jets games.

All League

I don't think Ticket Exchange allows owners to price anything below FV. I have had very good luck with SH as both a buyer and a seller.

Key thought: flexibility - the more you have, the better deal you can get.

Although we have season tickets, we have bought extras from time to time. If it is only 1 ticket, we try to keep that person as close as possible to the other 2 seats. Thus, we don't get the best deal.

If we are buying 2 seats, we just buy the cheapest seats available in the lower bowl or Mezz A the morning of the game. We always get a killer price.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 09-19-2012 at 01:47 PM.

All League
    Thanks again. Appreciate the advice. Think I'll wait and chance it...worst case, if I can't get coaches club, I'll get something else good (probably for cheaper...).

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Gaff - As everyone suggests, prices plummett day of game. As an example, I found Mezz Club seats on the morning of opening day for less than 1/2 price.

But, if you don't want to take the risk, buy them in advance.

Also, Craigslist is another avenue for tickets. But, you need to be astute in weeding through the brokers and scammers. If you know what to look for, you can find a legit STH who is simply looking to get rid of tix without fees. I found a guy (Tebow fan) who's wife bought him Club Seats on the 30 yd line, but at the last minute her boss gave them 50 yard line seats. He was happy to get whatever he could for them.

I know you come from far away so at the end of the day, you may just want to have tickets in your hand. But, I've gotten tix to hard to get events (like book of mormon) by waiting until the last minute and pulling the trigger on Stub Hub tix. Considering the large quantity of tickets, I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something close to what you want. Just be sure you either have access to a printer or are able to go to the Stub Hub last minute center - whereever that is for the Jets games.
    Know a guy who got fake Giants/Cowboys tix on Craigslist...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Craigslist is always a crap shoot nowadays. Lots of fakes for everything floating around.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Use FanSnap and wait until the Wednesday or Thursday before the game to buy. That's when the motivated sellers drop their prices.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Craigslist is always a crap shoot nowadays. Lots of fakes for everything floating around.
    Yeah, you really have to parse through what is real and what is crap. The best bet is for someone to send you the tix through the NFL website. That's the only way to truly know you are getting real ones.

But, you can usually tell from the interaction if the guy is shady or not.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ditto Jets/Vikings Monday nighter 2010, only time I've known someone who bought on craigslist.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Ditto Jets/Vikings Monday nighter 2010, only time I've known someone who bought on craigslist.
    The problem with Craigslist tickets is simple: you can end up buying 100% real tickets that will NOT get you in the game.

Let's say that I want to be a criminal and see the game:

Step:
    1) Give "real" tickets to a friend (and fellow criminal) to sell on Craigslist;
    2) Re-print my tickets on the ticketmaster site - invalidating the "real" tickets;
    3) Go to the game using the reprinted tickets; and
    4) Enjoy the profits from my scam with my friend.

Version 2:
    1) Print a paper ticket for use to see the game;
    2) Scan the paper ticket into the computer;
    3) Use something like photoshop to make a few changes to it so that it cannot be used. Pretty sure I could make a "perfect" copy that would fool a buyer, but not the scanners used by ticket agents.

With SH and Ticket Exchange, they make it right if something goes wrong with the transaction. Because the sellers have given them credit card information, they have a very STRONG incentive not to try to sell fake tickets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The guy that came to explain it to them at the gate told her that they just sell the same tickets over and over - the first one to show the printed tixx at the gate gets in, everyone else gets shut out. that night, by the time she tried to go in (a little before kickoff), he said he'd shut out a few people already, probably with the same tixx.

So if you do buy from craigslist, get in early.