Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conor Orr: Jets are easing former second-round pick Vladimir Ducasse in at guard

agree that ducasse will probably replace moore but how could they put ducasse in next to howard? i mean two inexperienced olinemen on the same side against a good team? not good.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that Ducasse isn't subbing in for Moore instead of Slauson. Moore is older, has an injury history and is much more expensive. As a consequence I'd think the team would look to release him and keep Slauson. Slauson is an OK lineman with a low salary.

I would be surprised if the team allowed both to walk. It's not like we have much depth at OL.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I think Rex is a legitimate potato. Joe shows explosiveness, yet gets no chances to use it. And who beats him out? The 2 yard cloud of dust who leaves his balls on the bench.

Wat.
    Potato?

I'm a bit surprised that Ducasse isn't subbing in for Moore instead of Slauson. Moore is older, has an injury history and is much more expensive. As a consequence I'd think the team would look to release him and keep Slauson. Slauson is an OK lineman with a low salary.

I would be surprised if the team allowed both to walk. It's not like we have much depth at OL.
    seems like slauson is a goner after this season. i like them bringing in ducasse.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    To be fair about Cruz, the ONLY reason the Giants invited him to camp was because he was a local kid from Patterson, NJ. Every year teams try to invite a couple local kids who are extreme long shots at making the team. If Cruz was from Dallas, Tx he most likely would be a Cowboy. You can make the argument that the Jets should have seen him from his UMass tape, but he was not on any teams radar in the least.
    Pat Kirwan has admitted that since the Jets trained at Hoftsa they would invite a Hofstra player every year to Jets TC..Chrebet was that one player that year..

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    agree that ducasse will probably replace moore but how could they put ducasse in next to howard? i mean two inexperienced olinemen on the same side against a good team? not good.
    Granted it was preseason but they did it the beginning of the 2nd half against Carolina...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pat Kirwan has admitted that since the Jets trained at Hoftsa they would invite a Hofstra player every year to Jets TC..Chrebet was that one player that year..
    Maybe if the Saints didn't pick him up in the 7th we would have invited Marcus Colston.

Probably would have cut him, but still.

Hall Of Fame
    And yet they missed Colston.

Jets Insider VIP
    BMoore...AHoward (TBD), McIntyre (after the Pitts game ), DeVito (Excellent role player),

Yes, the giants hit on Cruz, like the Jets hit on Chrebet. Hitting on these every year or two years is rare IMO...
    CMART...you know I like and RESPECT you but I said standout players not good players. EVERY team has good players 6th round and after. heck...1/2 the league is 4th rounders and after. The players you name are NOT standout players. I like them all.

Ill concede Moore.... DeVito I LOVE as a player.

The other two... TBD.

My point is we are average AT BEST in our front office. Ask Favre!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yeah, what about the rest of the GMs in the NFL that passed over Cruz round after round? Oh right, you are a SOJF that sees everything the Jets do in a negative light.
    After 40 years of medicority I am entitled.

I remember Mike ASdamlee as our running back... how far do you go back? Pennington?

Your avatar tells me you played tee ball as a kid and din't keep score.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    And yet they missed Colston.
    Oops..I should have went further..This was when Kirwan was with the Jets FO back in the 90s....Kirwan also coached at Hofstra earlier in his career...So I'm sure that played into it..

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    CMART...you know I like and RESPECT you but I said standout players not good players. EVERY team has good players 6th round and after. heck...1/2 the league is 4th rounders and after. The players you name are NOT standout players. I like them all.

Ill concede Moore.... DeVito I LOVE as a player.

The other two... TBD.

My point is we are average AT BEST in our front office. Ask Favre!
    And that's why I used parenthesis...I wasn't claiming those to be standout..

But the point is how many "standout" players does every team hit on under your criteria and how often?

Ask Favre? I'm sure you are kidding on that...I don't know who to believe more Favre or Rex...

All Pro
    Please..... a 2nd round pick being treated like this?

Good job Tanny!

Anyone see Victor Cruz TD Sunday? UDFA from UMASS. You saw ALL THAT FILM of the UMASS offense when evaluating Ducasse and Cruz goes undrafter.

THAT MY FRIENDS is our front office.
    Yeah, because Tanny was the only GM that missed Cruz.
    some of you guys just seem to ***** to hear yourselves talk.

Jets Insider VIP
    And that's why I used parenthesis...I wasn't claiming those to be standout..

But the point is how many "standout" players does every team hit on under your criteria and how often?

Ask Favre? I'm sure you are kidding on that...I don't know who to believe more Favre or Rex...
    of course I was kidding....

I am being over the top...I know. I am simply making a point that in my view we are basically average at player development and front office.

Sad news... the stats back me up. 40 years of stats including ALL the years under Tanny and Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yeah, because Tanny was the only GM that missed Cruz.
    some of you guys just seem to ***** to hear yourselves talk.
    Knucklehead....8 posters have said that. Thank God you posted because I read every 8th post!

Hope you are enjoying the mediocrity.... I am NOW officially vocal and I dont care. Winning will have me STFU.

Did you enjoy being embarassed on national TV yet again?

Do they keep score in Canada?

Guys - if you want to have a long discussion on Victor Cruz, please start your own thread. This one was supposed to be about the Jets OL and Ducasse (at least before it got hijacked). Now half of the posts are off-topic to the OP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Guys - if you want to have a long discussion on Victor Cruz, please start your own thread. This one was supposed to be about the Jets OL and Ducasse (at least before it got hijacked). Now half of the posts are off-topic to the OP.
    YOU SIR are correct. My apology..

Veteran

That's what I was thinking.

of course I was kidding....

I am being over the top...I know. I am simply making a point that in my view we are basically average at player development and front office.

Sad news... the stats back me up. 40 years of stats including ALL the years under Tanny and Rex.
    OK..I'm fine with that...And I'm glad you clarified your above to not place "blame" on Tanny/Rex for 40 yrs..Those two should only be on the hook for the past 3+ yrs...Tanny for 6+ yrs

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That right there is the crux of the situation. They have both starters becoming FAs so they would like to promote someone from within which is a good thing but an OL needs continuity. It is not like a DL when everyone has an assignment and you can rotate. An OL plays as a single unit and communication is paramount. But to properly evaluate Ducasse they need to see him against starting defenses.

There is some risk/reward here that will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    IMO he either has it or he doesn't.

If they need to put him in live game siuations to evaluate him after 3 years in the system, that tells me he doesn't have it.

Time to move on from this guy and just admit you made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    IMO he either has it or he doesn't.

If they need to put him in live game siuations to evaluate him after 3 years in the system, that tells me he doesn't have it.

Time to move on from this guy and just admit you made a mistake.
    in theory i agree. but the jets do this at rb as well. it seems like powell is better than greene and deserves more time, how much more, well that remains to be seen. yet these guys can't get carries unless greene gets hurt.