Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conor Orr: Jets are easing former second-round pick Vladimir Ducasse in at guard

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    IMO he either has it or he doesn't.

If they need to put him in live game siuations to evaluate him after 3 years in the system, that tells me he doesn't have it.

Time to move on from this guy and just admit you made a mistake.
    That was really my point with my first post. A 2nd rounder we cant believe in?

Then I got carried away with why the fukk he was drafted anyway.

VLAD will spend time in jail for indirect manslaughter when he gets his QB killed.

Jets Insider VIP
    We'll see how Powell and Vlad perform against a stingy Miami run defense.

The biggest test will be the Texans. JJ Watt is a monster.

Hall Of Fame
    We'll see how Powell and Vlad perform against a stingy Miami run defense.

The biggest test will be the Texans. JJ Watt is a monster.
    And we have the 49ers. Back to back games will be a real litmus test for this team.

IMO he either has it or he doesn't.

If they need to put him in live game siuations to evaluate him after 3 years in the system, that tells me he doesn't have it.

Time to move on from this guy and just admit you made a mistake.
    Can't argue the line of thinking, but what the chain of events since TC has shown is that the Jets don't think Slauson has it either. If he did, the Jets wouldn't put him on the bench in a game they're losing to give Ducasse minutes.

Between the paycut and the in-game PT reductions, it's pretty clear the Jets won't be resigning Slauson. If that's the case, may as well see what you have in Ducasse before you acquire a new LG.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't argue the line of thinking, but what the chain of events since TC has shown is that the Jets don't think Slauson has it either. If he did, the Jets wouldn't put him on the bench in a game they're losing to give Ducasse minutes.

Between the paycut and the in-game PT reductions, it's pretty clear the Jets won't be resigning Slauson. If that's the case, may as well see what you have in Ducasse before you acquire a new LG.
    Exactly!

Ducasse must be showing them something otherwise we would see Schlauderaff getting reps or possibly JSmith as the season unfolds.

I still don't understand why Landolt is still on the 53 man roster...

If Vlad can step in for whichever guard we let go of that would be huge in terms of filling needs

Jets Insider VIP
    Or it could be Tanny trying to save face on a 2nd round pick from 3 years ago.

JSmith is a T not a G.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

I don't understand the Jets' disrespect of Slauson. He's a decent OL who's making minor $$. Nothing wrong there. And he's got some years of continuity with DBrick and Mangold. That seems like somebody you'd like to keep on the roster. But the team is definitely jerking him around. If I were Slauson I sure wouldn't want to stay if anybody else made me an offer (which he'll likely get).

Or it could be Tanny trying to save face on a 2nd round pick from 3 years ago.

JSmith is a T not a G.
    It's been noted his strong suit is in the run game so its just a thought they could also try him at G.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Knucklehead....8 posters have said that. Thank God you posted because I read every 8th post!

Hope you are enjoying the mediocrity.... I am NOW officially vocal and I dont care. Winning will have me STFU.

Did you enjoy being embarassed on national TV yet again?

Do they keep score in Canada?
    Maybe you should get the hint, since I was the 8th poster.

I guess every GM other than The Giants ought to be fired.

Yes, we keep score in Canada....we can all count up here.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I don't understand the Jets' disrespect of Slauson. He's a decent OL who's making minor $$. Nothing wrong there. And he's got some years of continuity with DBrick and Mangold. That seems like somebody you'd like to keep on the roster. But the team is definitely jerking him around. If I were Slauson I sure wouldn't want to stay if anybody else made me an offer (which he'll likely get).
    Fully agree on the surprising treatment of the type of low-cost player you need to fill out your roster. If I'm Slauson, I'm going elsewhere - it's not like the Jets are going to offer him much more than the vet min anyway, and the $300K rip they put on him just wasn't right.

To me, it's clear this is his last year with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Vladimir Ducasse has experienced his share of endearing moments since his rookie season with the Jets. There was the time he crashed his go-kart into a stack of tires during a preseason team bonding trip. And there were all the new words, ideas and concepts the Haitian-born offensive lineman had to add to his mental database once training camp started.

jets next #BUST

If it means anything, Ducasse helped pave the lane for Tebow's 22 yd run

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Maybe you should get the hint, since I was the 8th poster.

I guess every GM other than The Giants ought to be fired.

Yes, we keep score in Canada....we can all count up here.
    Please stop hijacking the thread...it is about Ducasse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    To be fair about Cruz, the ONLY reason the Giants invited him to camp was because he was a local kid from Patterson, NJ. Every year teams try to invite a couple local kids who are extreme long shots at making the team. If Cruz was from Dallas, Tx he most likely would be a Cowboy. You can make the argument that the Jets should have seen him from his UMass tape, but he was not on any teams radar in the least.
    How many teams actually looked at a UMass tape the way Tanny did? If you are taking a guy in the 2nd rd, you have looked at a lot of tape.... Hindsight is 20/20, but when the only guy from a school is selected in the actual draft is by your team, then it is a miss on Cruz...

Draft Article:
    STAMFORD, Conn. - UMass All-American offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse was selected by the New York Jets in the second round with the 61st overall selection of the 2010 NFL Draft on Friday night. Ducasse and his family and friends celebrated at Morton's Steakhouse in his adopted hometown of Stamford, Conn. UMass football coaches Kevin Morris, Brian Picucci and Guido Falbo were on hand to join in the joyous occasion.

He joins fellow UMass alum safety James Ihedigbo with the Jets. The team's general manager, the man who called Ducasse to inform the team of his selection is also a UMass alum, Mike Tannenbaum.

"I'm happy, I'm very excited," he said tonight on a conference call with reporters. "The Jets are a good team. My family will be coming to watch my first game. I'm very excited."

"I feel like I'm still a student of the game, still learning," he said. "From last year until now, I feel like I learned a lot from that. From the Senior Bowl, I learned a lot from that."

Ducasse, a Haitian native, never played football until coming over to the United States and participating on Stamford High School's team. While also excelling on the basketball court and in track and field, Ducasse started the final 20 games of his high school career and earned Connecticut all-state first-team honors from the Connecticut High School Coaches Association.

Even though he was a college tackle, some have projected Ducasse as a guard on the next level. At the Indy combine, he ran a 5.21 in the 40-yard dash and had 29 reps on the 225-bench press.

"He'll start out at right tackle and left guard," said Tannenbaum. "We're going to keep playing around with that. We feel we have some flexibility on the line with Rob Turner and Wayne Hunter, and Matt Slauson played some center at Tampa Bay last year."

Ducasse is the highest NFL Draft pick out of UMass since quarterback Greg Landry was the 11th overall selection by the Detroit Lions in 1968. He is the third all-time highest draft pick out of UMass with only Landry and Milt Morin (first round in 1966 by the Cleveland Browns) being selected higher.

He is also UMass's first selection in more than a decade with the last pick being Khari Samuel by the Chicago Bears in the fifth round in 1999. Ducasse is just UMass' second selection since Sandro Vitiello was taken by the Cincinnati Bengals in 1980. Ducasse had a decorated career at UMass as he earned All-American honors from nearly every outlet. He was a first-team All-Conference pick each of the last two years. Over his 35 career games at UMass, the Minutemen allowed just 39 sacks and UMass' running backs had 23 100-yard rushing games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Exactly!

Ducasse must be showing them something otherwise we would see Schlauderaff getting reps or possibly JSmith as the season unfolds.

I still don't understand why Landolt is still on the 53 man roster...
    Landolt is this years Logan Payne...

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    How many teams actually looked at a UMass tape the way Tanny did? If you are taking a guy in the 2nd rd, you have looked at a lot of tape.... Hindsight is 20/20, but when the only guy from a school is selected in the actual draft is by your team, then it is a miss on Cruz...

Pretty accurate to say every team looked at Ducasse tape and a lot. He was well regarded in that draft.

You guys make it seem like Tanny is the only guy within the Jets organization that looks at tape. Their whole scouting and personnel department do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pretty accurate to say every team looked at Ducasse tape and a lot. He was well regarded in that draft.

You guys make it seem like Tanny is the only guy within the Jets organization that looks at tape. Their whole scouting and personnel department do.
    Problem is...The JETS think that THEY are special in developing talent.

VLAD shows absolutely NOTHING

Please..... a 2nd round pick being treated like this?

Good job Tanny!

Anyone see Victor Cruz TD Sunday? UDFA from UMASS. You saw ALL THAT FILM of the UMASS offense when evaluating Ducasse and Cruz goes undrafter.

THAT MY FRIENDS is our front office.
    When is the last time the Jets signed a UDFA that became an impact player, let alone a starter or someone of Cruz's caliber? Anyone?

*crickets*

We need to go back to Wayne Chrebet, who was signed before Terry Bradway and Tannenbaum arrived to put a blight on this organization's personnel department.

All Pro
    Please stop hijacking the thread...it is about Ducasse.
    I didn't bring up Cruz.....so, I didn't hijack the thread.

Maybe Ducasse has earned some playing time. Maybe they are seeing if he can make the jump.