Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Conor Orr: Jets are easing former second-round pick Vladimir Ducasse in at guard

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I didn't bring up Cruz.....so, I didn't hijack the thread.

Maybe Ducasse has earned some playing time. Maybe they are seeing if he can make the jump.
    I'd like to see him jump. He has NO REAL TALENT. But the Jets always think they know something the others dont. Look at VLAD. What could they have seen that would make you think he could play OL in the big leagues?

Tebow, Vlad, Wilson etc....

All players the JETS thought THEY could make work.

Please spare me. Wilson is good thats it. tebow? No other team would take him is my guess but we did becasue we know more than they do.

OUR FRONT OFFICE is well... not very disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    If it means anything, Ducasse helped pave the lane for Tebow's 22 yd run
    Did it mean anything that Ducasse was on the field for the two best running plays of the game, back-to-back? Absolutely.

Later in that drive, he flat out pancaked #99 on a pass block. Yeah, the defender had no leverage because he had jumped to swat a pass, but Vlad knocked him silly. He looked a lot more comfortable in space than he did in the past two years.

While I don't agree with the way Slauson has been treated this year, there's no denying that Vlad has the potential to bring some needed physicality to the line. Maybe Vlad + Powell leads to an improved running game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I think Rex is a legitimate potato. Joe shows explosiveness, yet gets no chances to use it. And who beats him out? The 2 yard cloud of dust who leaves his balls on the bench.

Wat.
    agreed and I fully expect McKnight to be the next Danny Woodhead! He will be cut by Rex and go on to play very well for another team!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Did it mean anything that Ducasse was on the field for the two best running plays of the game, back-to-back? Absolutely.

Later in that drive, he flat out pancaked #99 on a pass block. Yeah, the defender had no leverage because he had jumped to swat a pass, but Vlad knocked him silly. He looked a lot more comfortable in space than he did in the past two years.

While I don't agree with the way Slauson has been treated this year, there's no denying that Vlad has the potential to bring some needed physicality to the line. Maybe Vlad + Powell leads to an improved running game.
    Perhaps they will move Slauson to Moore's spot next year! They will not sign both Slauson and Moore. I think they would go with the younger player.

@BrianCoz: Slauson on Ducasse taking playing time from him: "I would prefer not to discuss any of that." #nyj

@BrianCoz: Asked if that should be interpreted as him being unhappy, Slauson said, "You can interpret that however you would like to." #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

Great post.

I especially like the part I bolded from your post. Slauson has been nothing but a gamer for the Jets and is a well-respected guy. He also makes peanuts for this team, and that was even before the pay cut.

That being said, he's not very good and he is entering the last year of his deal. I wouldn't have a problem with Slauson if we were set at the four other spots, but clearly we are not (especially if this is Moore's last year). We need to know if Ducasse can be a starting caliber guard in this league, especially if we want to be this ground and pound team we are clearly not constructed for. I almost threw in the towel with this guy before the preseason, but he has played well in his minimal preseason/regular season action this year.
    Last edited by Rexipus Rex; 09-19-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Please..... a 2nd round pick being treated like this?

Good job Tanny!

Anyone see Victor Cruz TD Sunday? UDFA from UMASS. You saw ALL THAT FILM of the UMASS offense when evaluating Ducasse and Cruz goes undrafter.

THAT MY FRIENDS is our front office.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @BrianCoz: Slauson on Ducasse taking playing time from him: "I would prefer not to discuss any of that." #nyj

@BrianCoz: Asked if that should be interpreted as him being unhappy, Slauson said, "You can interpret that however you would like to." #nyj

Good job Tanny!

Anyone see Victor Cruz TD Sunday? UDFA from UMASS. You saw ALL THAT FILM of the UMASS offense when evaluating Ducasse and Cruz goes undrafter.

And what's your point?

Undrafted Free Agent

Good job Tanny!

Greg Buttle says we DID draft Victor Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Perhaps they will move Slauson to Moore's spot next year! They will not sign both Slauson and Moore. I think they would go with the younger player.
    I don't know...Making Slauson take a $300K paycut isn't a good way to negotiate a future contract extension...

I think Slauson will hit the open market and end up in Dallas (Callahan) or
    St Louis (Schotty).

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't know...Making Slauson take a $300K paycut isn't a good way to negotiate a future contract extension...

I think Slauson will hit the open market and end up in Dallas (Callahan) or
    St Louis (Schotty).
    If your not always trying to upgrade every position, your not getting better.
    Is Vlad an upgrade? I would say definitely in the running game.
    Slauson is an average lineman, I don't care if his feelings are hurt.
    Watch what BB does in New England, the best play always & if you ***** about it you'll find yourself on the bench more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    If your not always trying to upgrade every position, your not getting better.
    Is Vlad an upgrade? I would say definitely in the running game.
    Slauson is an average lineman, I don't care if his feelings are hurt.
    Watch what BB does in New England, the best play always & if you ***** about it you'll find yourself on the bench more often than not.
    Sure, upgrade when possible but don't burn your bridges. Slauson would make a decent starter next season or a great depth off the bench. Yet after the way he's been treated he's likely gone. So now the team has a gaping hole to fill for Slauson's position (not to mention Moore leaving as well).

It's stupid to chase away competent players making reasonable salaries (especially one who knows your system and has played well with the rest of the line for multiple seasons).

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

They will rotate OL and QBs but god forbid they have a platoon at RB. Greene gets protected by the coaching staff like Sanchez should.
    We don't platoon at RB! When did that start happening?

All Pro
    I don't get it , would it make more sense for Vlad to platoon with Moore then Slauson since Moore is older ?

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I don't get it , would it make more sense for Vlad to platoon with Moore then Slauson since Moore is older ?
    but moore is a lockerroom vet and i think it would send the 'wrong message' if they benched moore.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Odds are Moore will resign cheaper. Slauson is not likely the one returning. If either of them do.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    but moore is a lockerroom vet and i think it would send the 'wrong message' if they benched moore.
    With all the odd moves they made during the offseason, this team is waaay past trying not to send the wrong message.