Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 106

Thread: Carton Brutal On Mehta Right Now

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    What's concerning is the body language on the field (I know we make too much of Sanchez's, but seriously).

    Holmes mopes and complains on the field when Sanchez misses him and then when he drops a ball it's like nothing, no big deal. Complete lack of accountability.
    that's what i saw. only works one way with him.

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    He wasnt wide open. It was tight coverage but the CB was trailing Holmes. Sanchez threw behind him and missed. That happens every game in the nfl.
    NFL wise, he was wide open. That is what seperates the elite from the garbage. Sanchez is garbage.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Agreed. Cancer is an understatement, and I think he's in Marks head. Not good.

    -
    The next problem I think is that Tanny is probably feeling the heat a little bit at this point and any public admissions of failure on his part are less likely given the current climate. Tanny will try to ride out the storm with Santonio by having people deny that there are any issues with Santonio to begin with. Mark and Santonio are the best of friends doncha know They bonded together during the offseason.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    NFL wise, he was wide open. That is what seperates the elite from the garbage. Sanchez is garbage.
    So you are either elite or garbage?

    Ok, lol

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    TurnontheJets.com: New York Jets – The Sabotage Of Mark Sanchez

    September 19th, 2012
    Posted by Joe Caporoso

    It is no secret the New York Jets haven’t done an adequate job of developing Mark Sanchez since spending a first round pick on him in the 2009 NFL Draft. They certainly did not make a strong effort to upgrade his supporting cast heading into a critical year for his development. A week 1 point explosion against a suspect Buffalo defense temporarily shelved the debate but a disappointing loss to perennial AFC Powerhouse, Pittsburgh has the media hounds and their sources looking pin singular blame on Sanchez and reignite a non-existent quarterback debate.

    The Daily News‘ Manish Mehta, he of ever diminishing credibility, published a nearly 700 word story today pinning the Jets loss to Pittsburgh on a single play. A missed throw by Mark Sanchez in the 2nd quarter. This is a play we discussed in our film and Sanchez breakdown over the past two days and yes it was a missed throw by Sanchez on a well-designed play. Yet, to spin 700 words that make Tony Sparano look like Bill Walsh and Santonio Holmes look like Jerry Rice is exceptionally excessive. It is meant to fault the loss on a single player and of course drum up that non-existent quarterback controversy. The tone of the article puts me in agreement with the thought process that there is someone within organization pulling for a Sanchez failure and a Tebow ascension.

    Let’s not lose perspective of the following. On the road, against one of the league’s best teams, Mark Sanchez was supported by an underachieving number one receiver giving a lackadazical effort, a practice squad caliber tight end, a rookie number two receiver, and one of the league’s five worst starting running backs. Did he play well enough? No. But if you want to go play specific, you can equally pin the game on Jeff Cumberland for missing a block that would have sprung Bilal Powell for a touchdown. Or how about Antonio Cromartie looked completely clueless on Mike Wallace’s touchdown?

    Maybe Jeremy Kerley muffing a punt? Or Shonn Greene being unable to make a safety miss as he went untouched for 9 yards through the Pittsburgh defense on what should have been a big play?

    Don’t fall for the mainstream media okie-doke. Don’t fall for the quarterback controversy agenda.

    http://turnonthejets.com/2012/09/new...-mark-sanchez/

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    TurnontheJets.com: New York Jets – The Sabotage Of Mark Sanchez

    September 19th, 2012
    Posted by Joe Caporoso

    It is no secret the New York Jets haven’t done an adequate job of developing Mark Sanchez since spending a first round pick on him in the 2009 NFL Draft. They certainly did not make a strong effort to upgrade his supporting cast heading into a critical year for his development. A week 1 point explosion against a suspect Buffalo defense temporarily shelved the debate but a disappointing loss to perennial AFC Powerhouse, Pittsburgh has the media hounds and their sources looking pin singular blame on Sanchez and reignite a non-existent quarterback debate.

    The Daily News‘ Manish Mehta, he of ever diminishing credibility, published a nearly 700 word story today pinning the Jets loss to Pittsburgh on a single play. A missed throw by Mark Sanchez in the 2nd quarter. This is a play we discussed in our film and Sanchez breakdown over the past two days and yes it was a missed throw by Sanchez on a well-designed play. Yet, to spin 700 words that make Tony Sparano look like Bill Walsh and Santonio Holmes look like Jerry Rice is exceptionally excessive. It is meant to fault the loss on a single player and of course drum up that non-existent quarterback controversy. The tone of the article puts me in agreement with the thought process that there is someone within organization pulling for a Sanchez failure and a Tebow ascension.

    Let’s not lose perspective of the following. On the road, against one of the league’s best teams, Mark Sanchez was supported by an underachieving number one receiver giving a lackadazical effort, a practice squad caliber tight end, a rookie number two receiver, and one of the league’s five worst starting running backs. Did he play well enough? No. But if you want to go play specific, you can equally pin the game on Jeff Cumberland for missing a block that would have sprung Bilal Powell for a touchdown. Or how about Antonio Cromartie looked completely clueless on Mike Wallace’s touchdown?

    Maybe Jeremy Kerley muffing a punt? Or Shonn Greene being unable to make a safety miss as he went untouched for 9 yards through the Pittsburgh defense on what should have been a big play?

    Don’t fall for the mainstream media okie-doke. Don’t fall for the quarterback controversy agenda.

    http://turnonthejets.com/2012/09/new...-mark-sanchez/
    oo, I was about to +1 this but...

    lack·a·dai·si·cal/ˌlakəˈdāzikəl/
    Adjective:
    Lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.
    Synonyms:
    listless - apathetic - languid - apathetical

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Mehta was on our side.


  8. #68
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    He wasnt wide open. It was tight coverage but the CB was trailing Holmes. Sanchez threw behind him and missed. That happens every game in the nfl.
    He didn't throw behind him, he threw over him. He had absolutely no defense underneath. He could have underthrown the ball by 10 yards and it still would have been a completion and at worst a first and goal. He could have thrown behind him and possibly gotten a pass interference call.. But Noooooooo.... He threw it the one place where he had no shot of success... over his head.

    Absolutely brutal play by the sanchize.

  9. #69
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC via NJ
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    So let me get this clear our #1 WR who signed a 5 year 45 million dollar deal has 4 drops and hasn't had a 100 yard receiving game in 27 straight games but had no impact on the game. The game completely rests on the QB not making a single throw? How many times a game do good QBs miss a throw like that? How many on target throws did Sanchez make that weren't converted? I hated the move to trade up for Sanchez, never really thought he would be the guy, but I fail to see how that play is the end all and be all.

    Our CB with all the ability in the world and none of the brains can't locate a punt like throw to the endzone that was in the air for an amazing amount of time but that did not impact the game?

    Our vaunted defense, our coaches crown jewel still has trouble coming up with the big stop... did we force a big turnover? Could we get Big Ben on the ground?

    Our ST another "bright" spot in the organization's mind turns over a huge one.. but no, it was the overthrow to Holmes that the game is pinned on?

    Sanchez is not going to be a superstar QB but I think he is competent enough if the organization had actually addressed the short comings of our skill positions on offense. I won't even bring up the running game.

    The problem is our "best player" on offense, our big money free agent signing is a malcontent that appears to play with no interest. That contract has crippled us IMO

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    This is the friggin NFL. You make that throw. He was wide open.

    That changed the whole outlook of the game. I swear some of you watch a different team than me.
    The game you watched did Kerly muff the punt? He did the one I watched? Did Cromartie go out of bounds on the TD pass on a 3rd and forever? He did in the game I watched.

    And you are right this is the NFL. Tell that to Tom Brady and Wes Welker. Welker wide open vs Giants and pass is incomplete.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    The game you watched did Kerly muff the punt? He did the one I watched? Did Cromartie go out of bounds on the TD pass on a 3rd and forever? He did in the game I watched.

    And you are right this is the NFL. Tell that to Tom Brady and Wes Welker. Welker wide open vs Giants and pass is incomplete.
    If Sanchez completes that pass the game is totally different and those events may not have even occurred. Are you still going to be making excuses for this guy next year too?

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC, Woody Johnson is a huge Romney backer and Christian conservative.

    Is it so out of the question that he would want the Christian conservative darling Tim Tebow to be his starting QB?

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    IIRC, Woody Johnson is a huge Romney backer and Christian conservative.

    Is it so out of the question that he would want the Christian conservative darling Tim Tebow to be his starting QB?
    If that is Woody's thought process, then he shouldn't own a NFL franchise.

  15. #75
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If that is Woody's thought process, then he shouldn't own a NFL franchise.
    Quite true. As
    underperforming as Mark Sanchez is, Tebow is worse.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If that is Woody's thought process, then he shouldn't own a NFL franchise.
    I would agree, but Tebow brings a lot to the table outside of the football field. Woody is on record on saying the Jets need a star QB at all times, hence the trade for Favre and then drafting Sanchez (who they projected to be a star on & off the field).

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    The team was rolling up until that point. That throw changed the outlook of the game and killed our momentum.
    That's on the coaches, and our head coach sucks. So far since Ryan has been here, anytime sanchez makes any mistake or misses a pass like he did to holmes, he makes the o shut down and go ultra conservative. Bottom line it's all on Rex.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    This is the friggin NFL. You make that throw. He was wide open.

    That changed the whole outlook of the game. I swear some of you watch a different team than me.
    it is absurd to say that an incomplete pass in the 2nd quarter was the key play of the game. especially since the jets got a fg on the drive. if anything the key play was the botched cro coverage.

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Holmes overthrow killing momentum argument is completely overblown IMO.

    Did anyone watch the Giants-Bucs game? Eli completely blew an easy TD in the 1st Q to Bradshaw and then Bennett dropped a TD pass that was high. Eli compounded his blunders by throwing an INT. But then he rebounded with a monster 2nd half.

    Sanchez' wildness and the WR drops after that were the killer on O. Specifically, the 3 & out with great field position. The drive started when Sanchez missed a wide open Powell in the flat that was an easy 8 yds on 1st down. That drive, IMO, was the turning point.

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Carton is very friendly with Sanchez.

    That said, I hope the entire team boycotts talking to Mehta. He is a clownish troll. May have surpassed Cimini.

    BTW, Mehta and the DN win. Because there is no such thing as bad publicity. Mission Accomplished, as far as they are concerned. If the fans want to fight back, stop clicking on links and following on Twitter. The power of ignore.
    Seriously. That one missed throw is the reason why they lost, and the reason they didn't try to score before the half? Not all the lazy routes run by Holmes? Not the fact that he started calling such a conservative game? All because of one missed throw?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us