Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Carton Brutal On Mehta Right Now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Holmes overthrow killing momentum argument is completely overblown IMO.

Did anyone watch the Giants-Bucs game? Eli completely blew an easy TD in the 1st Q to Bradshaw and then Bennett dropped a TD pass that was high. Eli compounded his blunders by throwing an INT. But then he rebounded with a monster 2nd half.

Sanchez' wildness and the WR drops after that were the killer on O. Specifically, the 3 & out with great field position. The drive started when Sanchez missed a wide open Powell in the flat that was an easy 8 yds on 1st down. That drive, IMO, was the turning point.
    i think the turning point was the td when cro got burned. it was 13-10 and no clear momentum either way. not saying the jets would have won if not for that play but that play definitely changed the game.

the jets were 2-6 on the road last season and definitely lost their composure at baltimore, NE, phily and miami. this is not a good road team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Holmes overthrow killing momentum argument is completely overblown IMO.

Did anyone watch the Giants-Bucs game? Eli completely blew an easy TD in the 1st Q to Bradshaw and then Bennett dropped a TD pass that was high. Eli compounded his blunders by throwing an INT. But then he rebounded with a monster 2nd half.

Sanchez' wildness and the WR drops after that were the killer on O. Specifically, the 3 & out with great field position. The drive started when Sanchez missed a wide open Powell in the flat that was an easy 8 yds on 1st down. That drive, IMO, was the turning point.
    The turning point was when Cumberland forgot to turn around, and got hit in the back. Either that or when Sanchez got hit in the head, or when Greene got hit in the head. Take your pick. Another could be the jump ball that wasn't, in the end zone, or the muffed punt at the 50 yard line. Could have turned the game back to us with points before the half though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think the turning point was the td when cro got burned. it was 13-10 and no clear momentum either way. not saying the jets would have won if not for that play but that play definitely changed the game.

the jets were 2-6 on the road last season and definitely lost their composure at baltimore, NE, phily and miami. this is not a good road team.
    I completely agree with you on the turning point of the game. That's TD was the killer. A FG there wouldnt have been bad and if the Jets actually stopped Big Ben there it would have been a long FG attempt.

I was speaking from an O standpoint. The missed TD didn't screw up the O, that serious I mentioned did IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes this play should have been a jump ball favoring Cro, or at least knocked out of bounds if he didn't forget where he was for a minute. Just one more big play. The point though is that this game could have turned if one of a handful of plays had gone our way. Then Sporano made adjustments, but I'm not sure why his adjustment was to stop trying to move the ball. Maybe Sanchez was woozy. I can't explain it. You can't tell me it was because he lost confidence because of one missed throw.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes this play should have been a jump ball favoring Cro, or at least knocked out of bounds if he didn't forget where he was for a minute. Just one more big play. The point though is that this game could have turned if one of a handful of plays had gone our way. Then Sporano made adjustments, but I'm not sure why his adjustment was to stop trying to move the ball. Maybe Sanchez was woozy. I can't explain it. You can't tell me it was because he lost confidence because of one missed throw.
    Maybe Pitts made adjustments? And then Sparano didn't or they didn't work?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with you on the turning point of the game. That's TD was the killer. A FG there wouldnt have been bad and if the Jets actually stopped Big Ben there it would have been a long FG attempt.

I was speaking from an O standpoint. The missed TD didn't screw up the O, that serious I mentioned did IMO.
    i think the offense as a unit lacks confidence. on the road, when things start to go bad, noone, to a man, is able to lift the unit and get it back on track.

part of it is that all the guys sanchez had chemistry with are gone except keller, who's hurt. bray, cotch and LT were all big assets in the passing game, all gone. sanchez probably can't stand holmes, understandably, and he can't love having greene in there all the time either.

another part of it is that the offensive playcalling gets so conservative when they're on the road and things start to go wrong, that defenses know it and that's when they start jumping routes, overblitzing, etc. the jets, on offense, show very little fight or verve too often. the unit wilts, and this is very often blamed solely on sanchez.

we're all here writing how the jets need to play other rbs more, how they could use keller back, how holmes hurts the offense, etc. it's all easy to see. what isn't easy to see is, how can the jets offense develop enough confidence, as a unit, so that if they're down 20-14 at miami this sunday in the early 4th quarter, they can start generating first downs and put themselves in position to score. yes it starts with good blocking and sanchez must be accurate and protect the football, but it's also a function of playcalling, execution and confidence. sanchez gets his share of blame as any qb should. but what's not said enough is that if sanchez isn't steller, nobody else on offense is capable of giving the unit a spark, except for maybe hill. that a rookie is the sole guy who can do this is alarming. it's as if everyone is waiting for sanchez to deliver the golden throw and magically become an elite qb, yet they still have too many dropped passes, incorrect routes, pouty behavior and flawed personnel usage to elevate the unit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    LOL...yea I am sure Sparano's adjustment at half time was to "stop trying to move the ball". Come on, think a little.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the offense as a unit lacks confidence. on the road, when things start to go bad, noone, to a man, is able to lift the unit and get it back on track.

part of it is that all the guys sanchez had chemistry with are gone except keller, who's hurt. bray, cotch and LT were all big assets in the passing game, all gone. sanchez probably can't stand holmes, understandably, and he can't love having greene in there all the time either.

another part of it is that the offensive playcalling gets so conservative when they're on the road and things start to go wrong, that defenses know it and that's when they start jumping routes, overblitzing, etc. the jets, on offense, show very little fight or verve too often. the unit wilts, and this is very often blamed solely on sanchez.

we're all here writing how the jets need to play other rbs more, how they could use keller back, how holmes hurts the offense, etc. it's all easy to see. what isn't easy to see is, how can the jets offense develop enough confidence, as a unit, so that if they're down 20-14 at miami this sunday in the early 4th quarter, they can start generating first downs and put themselves in position to score. yes it starts with good blocking and sanchez must be accurate and protect the football, but it's also a function of playcalling, execution and confidence. sanchez gets his share of blame as any qb should. but what's not said enough is that if sanchez isn't steller, nobody else on offense is capable of giving the unit a spark, except for maybe hill. that a rookie is the sole guy who can do this is alarming. it's as if everyone is waiting for sanchez to deliver the golden throw and magically become an elite qb, yet they still have too many dropped passes, incorrect routes, pouty behavior and flawed personnel usage to elevate the unit.
    Good points. I think we mentioned this in another thread but, where is the "go to guy" for Sanchez on this team? Where is the play maker who steps up and makes a play. It doesnt come from the RB, he doesnt make a big play, the supposed #1 WR? All he does is cry for penalties and give up on routes. So where are these plays going to come from in crunch time? At some point a WR needs to come up with a tough catch, WRs are not wide open on every completion, not every pass is perfectly thrown, but good WRs make a play sometimes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Good points. I think we mentioned this in another thread but, where is the "go to guy" for Sanchez on this team? Where is the play maker who steps up and makes a play. It doesnt come from the RB, he doesnt make a big play, the supposed #1 WR? All he does is cry for penalties and give up on routes. So where are these plays going to come from in crunch time? At some point a WR needs to come up with a tough catch, WRs are not wide open on every completion, not every pass is perfectly thrown, but good WRs make a play sometimes.
    sometimes eli makes the golden throw and other times he throws a short one to cruz and cruz does the rest. sometimes flacco dumps it off to ray rice, sometimes adrien peterson breaks one, sometimes aj greene burns the defense, etc. but noone on the jets breaks them. what we are seeing so far this year is that kerley and hill both can do it. that's saying something, though they'll both be inconsistent for a while.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is absurd to say that an incomplete pass in the 2nd quarter was the key play of the game. especially since the jets got a fg on the drive. if anything the key play was the botched cro coverage.
    Like I said, things change if he hits him on that pass. The Cro play may not have even happened had we scored a TD there. TDs will games, not FGs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Mehta was so good when he first started...he's turned to complete and utter trash

That being said-- the quoted part from the article seems OK to me...
    And there you have the difference between reporting for a decent quality newspaper such asthe Star-Ledger and a rag not even worthy of filling a recycling bin. The Daily News is, and has always been complete horse shyt.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No. We're all still Jets fans.

But it sure is nice of you to compare your elite QB to ours, who is less so...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...yea I am sure Sparano's adjustment at half time was to "stop trying to move the ball". Come on, think a little.
    Too much kool aid , too much sugar, affects thinking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    No. We're all still Jets fans.

But it sure is nice of you to compare your elite QB to ours, who is less so...
    You're welcome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be surprised, when it all comes out in the wash, that It's Santonio doing the back-stabbing, as directed by Rex. The way he mopes and his half-hearted play, there has to be more to it than meets the eye.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory but with Turn on the Jets and now CBS picking up Mehta's story it sounds like where there's smoke there's fire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed if the Giants WRs didn't perform like you suggest the Giants don't win their latest SBs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Mehta was so good when he first started...he's turned to complete and utter trash

That being said-- the quoted part from the article seems OK to me...
    He's a real Jekyll and Hyde case. Started well now look at him...

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, when it all comes out in the wash, that It's Santonio doing the back-stabbing, as directed by Rex. The way he mopes and his half-hearted play, there has to be more to it than meets the eye.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory but with Turn on the Jets and now CBS picking up Mehta's story it sounds like where there's smoke there's fire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Your icon is staring...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    Quite true. As
    underperforming as Mark Sanchez is, Tebow is worse.
    Wrong ... Non performance is NOT worse the **** performance.