Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carton Brutal On Mehta Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I don't buy that one bit.

Mark was rolling out to his right had to stop on a dime and throw across his body 30 yards down field.

Did he miss the throw - yes. But some of you guys, and Penish's article, make it sound like he missed a wide open receiver on a 5 yard slant.
    This is the friggin NFL. You make that throw. He was wide open.

That changed the whole outlook of the game. I swear some of you watch a different team than me.

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    So that one play caused the loss? What about Cumberland not turning around on 3rd & 5 and getting hit in back? What about Hill having ball hit him in end zone and he had his hands crossed up? What about the defense giving up 27 points?

That was a play we needed but it was not the end all play. They still had over 2 qtrs remaining in that game.

Eli threw 2 picks on Sunday - did any of those change the game?
    The team was rolling up until that point. That throw changed the outlook of the game and killed our momentum.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    To suggest the game or tone swung on that one mistake is pure insanity.

Went & watched play again in All-22 & no doubt it was a great play call specifically designed for Sanchez's strength & just a bad pass but..

Chris Nimbley
    Writer and observer of all things interesting ( at least to me)... but mainly sports. Writes for Jetsinsider.com
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-19-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    not defending sanchez this past week but who besides mcentyre had a good game? who stepped up and made plays?
    not enough for all the draft picks we had. none of these guys except for Hill impress me much

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

The part of the show I did hear....Carton basically lambasted Rex for speaking negatively of Marks game while virtually ignoring the poor play of "His D".

I havent seen all the quotes, but it wouldnt surprise me to see Rex, once again, distance himself from the O while bloviating about the D as if he was still merely the Defensive coordinator, and not responsible for the whole team's effort.

Of course this is all made even more absurd in that no one except Rex and some homers here see an elite defense.

Funny, I said the same thing about that play changing the game, yet no inside source gave me hte info... I watched it with my own eyes :p

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The part of the show I did hear....Carton basically lambasted Rex for speaking negatively of Marks game while virtually ignoring the poor play of "His D".

I havent seen all the quotes, but it wouldnt surprise me to see Rex, once again, distance himself from the O while bloviating about the D as if he was still merely the Defensive coordinator, and not responsible for the whole team's effort.

Of course this is all made even more absurd in that no one except Rex and some homers here see an elite defense.
    D had a bad game with the missed tackles, sacks and Cro's mistake on the fluke TD pass, but the D played good enough to win, especially considering they were without the best defensive player in the league, and the offense couldnt muster a 1st down for 3 quarters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Eli also threw for over 500 yards on Sunday.
    That's because Schiano didn't call enough victory formation blitz plays.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    not enough for all the draft picks we had. none of these guys except for Hill impress me much
    too many people are ready to flog sanchez for the pittsburgh game but there are plenty of other guys who really didn't do much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Funny, I said the same thing about that play changing the game, yet no inside source gave me hte info... I watched it with my own eyes :p

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    too many people are ready to flog sanchez for the pittsburgh game but there are plenty of other guys who really didn't do much.
    i keep running our of fingers to point

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Carton is very friendly with Sanchez.

That said, I hope the entire team boycotts talking to Mehta. He is a clownish troll. May have surpassed Cimini.

BTW, Mehta and the DN win. Because there is no such thing as bad publicity. Mission Accomplished, as far as they are concerned. If the fans want to fight back, stop clicking on links and following on Twitter. The power of ignore.
    Exactly. Ever since the Tebow trade, I have boycotted ESPN00B and have unfollowed Mehta on Twitter. I'm not falling for that trap.

It's going to be interesting to see how Rex and the O are going to handle the next few weeks. It's 1 loss but a lot of the crap that submarined this team last year reared it's head again in the loss to Pitt. What you speak of, Rex basically ignoring the D's poor performance in the second half while pinning it on Mark are a large part of it. It's also worht noting what I've been seeing from some analysts on Twitter. Plenty of people from footballoutsiders and some other scouts/journalists have mentioned that Santiono's attitude was very obvious during the game. He half a$$ed plenty of routes and showed some defiance with the QB when going back to the huddle after a poor throw.

The Jets are going to have to do something about this guy and it may have to be of the Gruden/Keyshawn, Reid/TO variety (if economically possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    D had a bad game with the missed tackles, sacks and Cro's mistake on the fluke TD pass, but the D played good enough to win, especially considering they were without the best defensive player in the league, and the offense couldnt muster a 1st down for 3 quarters.
    but since most top draft picks are defense and given the offensive strategy, it's the defense that is supposed to be the better unit. i know revis was out but you have revis, wilson, wilkerson, coples as first round picks on the team, harris a 2nd rounder, pace, landry and scott as high paid FAs, not to mention pouha and ellis. rex's vision is for the defense to carry the team. in a tight game against pitt on the road, this defense may not have stunk but it certainly didn't make any big plays. no turnovers, barely any 3 and outs. at a certain point, rex is going to run out of others to blame.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    That was the play that screwed us in that game. That was a perfect play, and the defense bit. Holmes was open in the endzone and Sanchez threw a high pass that no human could have caught. Basically he **** the bed
    He **** the bed, or he made a bad throw? Did he **** the bed the previous TD pass?

This franchise, and the surrounding cast of characters does not fail to deliver. So now we have conspiracy theories?

What. The. Hell?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    The Jets are going to have to do something about this guy and it may have to be of the Gruden/Keyshawn, Reid/TO variety (if economically possible).
    Agreed. Cancer is an understatement, and I think he's in Marks head. Not good.

-

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    This is the friggin NFL. You make that throw. He was wide open.

That changed the whole outlook of the game. I swear some of you watch a different team than me.
    He wasnt wide open. It was tight coverage but the CB was trailing Holmes. Sanchez threw behind him and missed. That happens every game in the nfl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. Cancer is an understatement, and I think he's in Marks head. Not good.

-
    What's concerning is the body language on the field (I know we make too much of Sanchez's, but seriously).

Holmes mopes and complains on the field when Sanchez misses him and then when he drops a ball it's like nothing, no big deal. Complete lack of accountability.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It was 92-94. IIRC he was mostly used as a punt returner.

I don't think Cimini was with the Daily News when Carpenter played for the Jets.
    He covered the Jets for the Sporting News.