Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Obama now up by 8% in Virginia

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    http://www.unskewedpolls.com/

    The majority of national polls are looking for a D+8 electorate. That is odd since in 2008, a historic year for D turnout, the final electorate was D+6. By contrast in 2004, not a particularly great year for the GOP, the electorate was an even split. Rassmussen has conducted over 300,000 interviews this election cycle and they place the electorate at R+2.

    If you look at the unskewed polls at the moment Romney holds a very large lead. It remains to be seen which will hold true but I am somewhere in the middle. In the end of the day the Debates are going to make the difference this cycle.
    Rassmussen generally leans to the right when polling

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Yr_NE6R_g

    Hmmm...A WaPo voter supression "poll" fueled crypto-liberal triple dog dare concocted to suppress MY views topped off with a STFU! The emotional sauce-eating Sicilian in me says OK! but the principled intelligent patriot says NAY!

    (A D +7 poll shows Obumbler up by 8 and liberals are jumping up and down with joy? Math is hard, so hard...)
    I posted local VA news from my local VA News source that dominates this region's media market.

    I also clearly mentioned the media's influence in support of (D), in case you skipped over that in your haste to attack me and libertarianism again.

    Since you won't be voting for Romney in VA due to hubris, envy, guilt, ignorance, avoidance or some elongated assortment of excuses and I can't it's not really a fair playing field...
    I won't be voting for Romney because Romney does not represent my socio-political beliefs, and I do not trust his party or him to actually do the things I do support that he claims he'll do.

    The Libertarians do represent me and my beliefs, more than (R) or (D).

    Simple as that, really.

    I know teh "bet" mirrors all or nothing cafeteria "libertarianism" (no religions or wars but all drugs openly worshiped in the public square) but on further review, much too sharia-like and not Solomonic enough.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, but thats your right.

    Libertarianism-as-Sharia, thats a new one...

    I won't be able to gloat if Romney wins the election....forever is much too long to endure terrible screeds devoid of fact from libs/crypto-libs that I can't debunk...on the other hand a forum where trolls intellectual ciphers and immoral sociopaths hold sway in a 0 reign of error Part Deux may hardly be worth posting in...reading the aforementioned wretches glorify the truly evil B. Hussein's march to Marxism and ruination if he wins especially enabled by those who should know better will be difficult...especially the Paulbot pukes who like to spoil things for spite...teh other side of the coin is that you will be too dependent on bad music fiction and drugs to fill your time if you lose....I dunno...I'd like to see a JI opinion poll 1st!
    You won't accept the bet, because despite your puffed up bluster and misdirected aggression towards me (as opposed to aiming it at actual liberal Obama voters), you in fact do not have the confidence in the results in VA you like people to think you do.

    Pretty obvious, tbqh.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,096
    Any more rats jumping off the sinking SS Willard after Pawlenty??

    We had a great chance to beat Obama but by rejecting Dr Paul and nominating a flip flopping empry suit like Willard instead ....(yesterday he apparently even took credit for Obamacare) we pretty much threw any chance down tbe sewer.

    WRITING IN RON

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Rassmussen generally leans to the right when polling
    Actually Rassmussen is the most accurate pollster of the past decade. Their polls are simply more realistic hence the MSM with their D+7 polls will say they lean to the right. Rassmussen has interviewed over 300,000 people this cycle. They have the electorate defined differently then the other pollsters that are hired by newspapers to push an agenda more then anything else. Rassmussen has it at R+2. Even some of the MSM pollsters are useful but you have to look into the numbers. Almost all the polling has Mitt ahead with independents. Some by as much as 12 points.

    That's the only number that is meaningful. Democrats will go 90-10 for Barry, GOP will go 90-10 for Mitt. Independents will decide the election. If Barry is down with independents he loses. The polls that say different are using methodology that assumes there are more D's that will vote then R's. They base it on 2008 exit polls. I don't think that sample is legitimate this year. Proof is in the polls that showed Wisconsin to be a virtual tie when the final result was a 7 point GOP margin of victory.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    is right...
    Local VA paper? The WaPo is one of the national papers of record!

    I have determined that your crappy, sci-fi fantasy imbued posting is mutually exclusive from my desire to criticise everyone's posting. Ire at my criticism of crappy posting is not enough for some schmoo to goad me into a bet that will have a permanent consequence for me. Because I cannot counter your effete vote in VA the premise of your bet is null and void. Besides, this forum will miss my erudite contributions far more than it will miss yours and I'm not going to self-ban for eternity if 0 ekes out a 1% win in VA that you assisted.

    The irony here is that you were so lax in your former duties to "manage" various and sundry undesirables; because you so constantly for Satan-knows-what reasons support and align with them as well as with most of the other unintelligent and detestable posters here, for you to conjure up a most un-libertarian Sharia-lke nuclear option to quell my free speech was intriguing, but unsurprising given your left-lurching thinking of late.

    Is my "aggression" "misplaced"? Your constantly filling up the forum with interminable threads disdaining (D) policy and misrule, correctly, is worthwhile. Yet, railing on about how your will vote in a way that aids that misrule is not only hypocritical but illogically bizarre. Because your crappy voting will make you just as liberal as the most idiotic lib around in enabling the worst President in history, hands down, Bush or no Bush, my disdain for you is not misplaced at all. How many freaking times do I have to repeat it? You and 0 voters ultimately are one and the same. You are only one of many lib fishes to fry, so to speak.

    Encore: There is no tertium quid, no chance for 3rd party no-hopers. Virgil Goode, Ray Jay Johnson and Ronpaulstiltskin are nothing but gold-foil wrapped Ralph Naders that only mean more Marxist in Chief. The GOP is not just me, its millions of others and we did not want or nominate the aforementioned freaks. Although "independent" folks voted like dopes for B. Hussein last time, they next demanded teh GOP studiously avoid Social issues, and select a ticket that will focus on Economic issues. No Palins. So it did and it still isn't good enough for some. There is a legalize drugs anti-war party and it's (D)...(L) is just a wholly-owned subsidiary of (D).

    More B. Hussein is 4 more years of diminished America. That, I'd bet on!

  6. #26
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,424
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    http://www.unskewedpolls.com/

    The majority of national polls are looking for a D+8 electorate. That is odd since in 2008, a historic year for D turnout, the final electorate was D+6. By contrast in 2004, not a particularly great year for the GOP, the electorate was an even split. Rassmussen has conducted over 300,000 interviews this election cycle and they place the electorate at R+2.

    If you look at the unskewed polls at the moment Romney holds a very large lead. It remains to be seen which will hold true but I am somewhere in the middle. In the end of the day the Debates are going to make the difference this cycle.
    I'll frame your post if you're right.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Local VA paper? The WaPo is one of the national papers of record!

    I have determined that your crappy, sci-fi fantasy imbued posting is mutually exclusive from my desire to criticise everyone's posting. Ire at my criticism of crappy posting is not enough for some schmoo to goad me into a bet that will have a permanent consequence for me. Because I cannot counter your effete vote in VA the premise of your bet is null and void. Besides, this forum will miss my erudite contributions far more than it will miss yours and I'm not going to self-ban for eternity if 0 ekes out a 1% win in VA that you assisted.

    The irony here is that you were so lax in your former duties to "manage" various and sundry undesirables; because you so constantly for Satan-knows-what reasons support and align with them as well as with most of the other unintelligent and detestable posters here, for you to conjure up a most un-libertarian Sharia-lke nuclear option to quell my free speech was intriguing, but unsurprising given your left-lurching thinking of late.

    Is my "aggression" "misplaced"? Your constantly filling up the forum with interminable threads disdaining (D) policy and misrule, correctly, is worthwhile. Yet, railing on about how your will vote in a way that aids that misrule is not only hypocritical but illogically bizarre. Because your crappy voting will make you just as liberal as the most idiotic lib around in enabling the worst President in history, hands down, Bush or no Bush, my disdain for you is not misplaced at all. How many freaking times do I have to repeat it? You and 0 voters ultimately are one and the same. You are only one of many lib fishes to fry, so to speak.

    Encore: There is no tertium quid, no chance for 3rd party no-hopers. Virgil Goode, Ray Jay Johnson and Ronpaulstiltskin are nothing but gold-foil wrapped Ralph Naders that only mean more Marxist in Chief. The GOP is not just me, its millions of others and we did not want or nominate the aforementioned freaks. Although "independent" folks voted like dopes for B. Hussein last time, they next demanded teh GOP studiously avoid Social issues, and select a ticket that will focus on Economic issues. No Palins. So it did and it still isn't good enough for some. There is a legalize drugs anti-war party and it's (D)...(L) is just a wholly-owned subsidiary of (D).

    More B. Hussein is 4 more years of diminished America. That, I'd bet on!
    I enjoyed this post very much in general but the bold part in particular was spot on.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    No Palins. So it did and it still isn't good enough for some.
    Yeah but you weren't supposed to get a tax-dodging, dimwitted, mormon stiff.
    It's as if you traded Kellen Clemens for Patrick Ramsey. You could have pulled the names of twenty republican senators and governors out of a hat and at least five, if not ten, could have crushed the incumbent president during a recession.

    The names Santorum and Gingrich obviously don't belong in the hat.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Local VA paper? The WaPo is one of the national papers of record!
    Indeed, which supports my reasons for posting their poll in our Politics Section.

    And while they are National, they are also my local Paper.

    I have determined that your crappy, sci-fi fantasy imbued posting..........
    For a poster who has cried so often, and so shrilly, to the Mods about personal attacks over his time here, you certainly have no trouble issuing them yourself.

    Ire at my criticism
    It's not Ire. You give yourself, and your importance, far too much credit.

    It's of crappy posting is not enough for some schmoo to goad me into a bet that will have a permanent consequence for me.
    You're the one who came broadsiding in about how inaccurate the poll was, not I.

    your effete vote in VA


    Besides, this forum will miss my erudite contributions far more than it will miss yours
    Oh, I'm sure.

    I'm not going to self-ban for eternity if.....

    The irony here is that you were so lax in your former duties to "manage" various and sundry undesirables
    Oh, the old "bad mod" chestnut now? If I was a better Mod, you sir would have never been back here Flushing, and both yourself and CBTNY would have recieved lifetime bans in my "era". The fact you did not is down to the simple fact that I protected the both of you when you both, constantly, broke the personal attack rules.

    Don't worry, I won't wait for any gratitude.

    you to conjure up a most un-libertarian Sharia-lke nuclear option to quell my free speech was intriguing, but unsurprising given your left-lurching thinking of late.
    I would think a man as intelligent as yourself would realize you have no free-speech rights here. JI isn't the U.S. Government, and you post (or are denied that right) at the pleasure and discreation of JI's Ownership and Moderator team. In point of fact, as stated above I protected your abillity to post here often back then, and while the forum was shut down, the only reason it came back is because of me.

    Is my "aggression" "misplaced"? Your constantly filling up the forum with interminable threads disdaining (D) policy and misrule, correctly, is worthwhile.
    So agree with you down the line, and I'm good, otherwise.....

    Yet, railing on about how your will vote in a way that aids that misrule is not only hypocritical but illogically bizarre. Because your crappy voting will make you just as liberal as the most idiotic lib around in enabling the worst President in history, hands down, Bush or no Bush, my disdain for you is not misplaced at all
    How many freaking times do I have to repeat it? You and 0 voters ultimately are one and the same. You are only one of many lib fishes to fry, so to speak.
    You don't have to say it at all, you've said it a dozen times, and you're wrong every single time. You are the personification of the "my way or else" two-party thinking, and I reject that thinking wholesale. You cannot insult me to your side, try (and fail) as you might.

    End of the day, I'm discussing policy and politics here, you're discussing.....me.

    Encore: There is no tertium quid, no chance for 3rd party no-hopers. Virgil Goode, Ray Jay Johnson and Ronpaulstiltskin are nothing but gold-foil wrapped Ralph Naders that only mean more Marxist in Chief. The GOP is not just me, its millions of others and we did not want or nominate the aforementioned freaks. Although "independent" folks voted like dopes for B. Hussein last time, they next demanded teh GOP studiously avoid Social issues, and select a ticket that will focus on Economic issues. No Palins. So it did and it still isn't good enough for some. There is a legalize drugs anti-war party and it's (D)...(L) is just a wholly-owned subsidiary of (D).
    Yes, it's not good enough for me. By the way, you might want to read the Republican Party Platform, as it most certainly did not "avoid social issues".

    Deal with it. Or don't. Either way, your ranting and personal insults does nothing but support why I cannot and will not support your party any more than theirs at this time. My vote will not be bullied.

    Put simply, you and your posts lose more votes than they will ever win over. If we followed your logic, then you, by pushing away voters like myself with your attacks and demeaning misguided insults, are a direct supporter of Obama as the net effect of your ranting is less votes for (R).

    Thank God your logic is deeply flawed then, isn't it? Or maybe you really ARE an Obama supporter, working hard to chase away every Independant or Moderate you can find. Who knows, this is the internet after all.
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-20-2012 at 01:35 PM.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    For a poster who has cried so often, and so shrilly, to the Mods about personal attacks over his time here,...

    ooh, that smarts

    that would be one point in a debate

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Yeah but you weren't supposed to get a tax-dodging, dimwitted, mormon stiff.
    It's as if you traded Kellen Clemens for Patrick Ramsey. You could have pulled the names of twenty republican senators and governors out of a hat and at least five, if not ten, could have crushed the incumbent president during a recession.

    The names Santorum and Gingrich obviously don't belong in the hat.

    Tax-dodging...doubt it... that would have been leaked...

    Dim-witted. Based on ...
    Is he as dimwitted as a certain foreign exchange student from Occidental College...when you get 0's academic college application/transcripts let me know..

    Mormon. Almost sounds like Muslim. Mormon just like Harry Reid?

    Who are the 5 to 10 GOP governors and senators that would do better?
    Kasich? Perry?

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Tax-dodging...doubt it... that would have been leaked...

    Dim-witted. Based on ...
    Is he as dimwitted as a certain foreign exchange student from Occidental College...when you get 0's academic college application/transcripts let me know..

    Mormon. Almost sounds like Muslim. Mormon just like Harry Reid?

    Who are the 5 to 10 GOP governors and senators that would do better?
    Kasich? Perry?
    Tax dodging via loopholes. Legal? Unfortunately. Enough people will hold this against him to guarantee a loss though. This isn't the court of law, it's the court of public opinion.



    Dimwitted based on? As i said..going to england for a goodwill tour, insulting their country, and having a headline crying Mitt the Twit in less than 24 hours. Insulting half of the US during what he thought was a private friendly party and winding up on youtube. Trying to make a $10,000 bet during a primary in a recession....you know....just stupid s*** successful politicians don't do. He's just a dumb, unlikable guy. You can't polish a turd.

    Mormon - not a nail in the coffin, but certainly won't help.

    Don't ask me about who the successful republicans would have been, I'm not a republican. Just someone who doesn't come across as stupid or pompous. I'm sure there are plenty. Perhaps Ryan.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 09-20-2012 at 02:25 PM.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Tax dodging via loopholes. Legal? Unfortunately. Enough people will hold this against him to guarantee a loss though. This isn't the court of law, it's the court of public opinion.



    Dimwitted based on? As i said..going to england for a goodwill tour, insulting their country, and having a headline crying Mitt the Twit in less than 24 hours. Insulting half of the US during what he thought was a private friendly party and winding up on youtube. Trying to make a $10,000 bet during a primary in a recession....you know....just stupid s*** successful politicians don't do. He's just a dumb, unlikable guy. You can't polish a turd.

    Mormon - not a nail in the coffin, but certainly won't help.

    Don't ask me about who the successful republicans would have been, I'm not a republican. Just someone who doesn't come across as stupid or pompous. I'm sure there are plenty. Perhaps Ryan.
    lol
    And while embassies burn, why don't you just admit you don't like Mitt's haircut?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Tax dodging via loopholes. Legal? Unfortunately. Enough people will hold this against him to guarantee a loss though. This isn't the court of law, it's the court of public opinion.



    Dimwitted based on? As i said..going to england for a goodwill tour, insulting their country, and having a headline crying Mitt the Twit in less than 24 hours. Insulting half of the US during what he thought was a private friendly party and winding up on youtube. Trying to make a $10,000 bet during a primary in a recession....you know....just stupid s*** successful politicians don't do. He's just a dumb, unlikable guy. You can't polish a turd.

    Mormon - not a nail in the coffin, but certainly won't help.

    Don't ask me about who the successful republicans would have been, I'm not a republican. Just someone who doesn't come across as stupid or pompous. I'm sure there are plenty. Perhaps Ryan.
    You forgot he also thought we had 57 states, referred to folks in the midwest as bitter bible thumping gun clingers, insulted our ally in Poland by referring to the Nazi Conzentration camps there as "Polish Death Camps", leaked national security secrets, was caught on hot mike passing a message to Putin that he will have "flexibility" after the voters no longer hold his fate in their hands, referred to Marine Corpsmen (pronounces corsmen) as Corpse-men and er um wait a second. That was Obungler.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    lol
    And while embassies burn, why don't you just admit you don't like Mitt's haircut?

    I like his hair and he's a very striking man

    but he's a dope

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    *snip*
    Sad to say, you are not this guy:



    The non-TLDR version:
    Others complained about me to non WF-mods as well, on occasion I complain about what I feel is offensive if its unacceptable to me, maybe a dozen posts in 10 years from mostly the same handful of dumba$$es, too bad, if you want a sample of something that should have been censured I can send it. I also report offensive pictures and viruses, remember the David Gilmour Orb photo you unwittingly spread one from? Unless making fun of handicapped or spreading viruses is in this sites TOS of course.

    Saying I'm offputting to anyone is a crock, the uninformed will make any excuse to vote moronically, youre just as offputting to me and even worse since you constantly complain about 0s misrule 10x more than I do and yet unlike myself do nothing to try to stop it politically. Now go forth and prosletyze some oversampled (D) skewed poll and ignore the latest jobless claim figures "Dumbarine"-style. Maybe lament why some know-nothing lib puke or Patsie troll isnt posting here so much lately. Or both.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    The non-TLDR version:
    The TLDR is you were, and are, a whiner.

    It's been a blast.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    He's just a dumb, unlikable guy.
    Who told you this, Jon Stewart?

    The Obama administration is in full meltdown and the media is trying to make it about Romney.

    Not gonna happen, pal.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,759
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Who told you this, Jon Stewart?

    The Obama administration is in full meltdown and the media is trying to make it about Romney.

    Not gonna happen, pal.
    Romney will lose.

    Even he knows that. Why would he want to win? His cult teaches that the world is ending in the next few years.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Romney will lose.

    Even he knows that. Why would he want to win? His cult teaches that the world is ending in the next few years.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    “you can’t change Washington from the inside; you can only change it from the outside.”
    - Barack Obama, 9/20/12

    And that, folks, will have more legs than the "47%" video because discussion of that video leads to dialogue that Obama would rather not engage in - namely that he's redistributing wealth for votes.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us