Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama now up by 8% in Virginia

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama now up by 8% in Virginia

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...8db_story.html

Days after one of the worst diplomatic events in recent times (now totally scrubbed from the news, as with most recent U.S. Foreign Policy failings and disasters), the entire news media in a multi-day frenzy over Romney's disdain for the takers in our society (as if that was held back to the right moment, like right after we lose a Diplomatic Mission to murder and pillaging), and Obama's lead GROWS to 8% in a key battleground state, a formerly, recently, red state.

This says so much about two things. The ultimate power of the emdia to shape opinion by choice of coverage and choice of non-coverage and type/style/editorial of coverage, and the absolute failure of a candidate that Mitt Romney is.

The (R) Party may as well give up. They're simply that bad at politics.

CNN's Political headlines today:

ELECTION CENTER

How Bad is it for Romney? FULL STORY | WHAT HE SAID | OPINION: IT'S NOT OVER FOR ROMNEY YET
    Romney sticks with 47% message Borger:
    What's wrong with Romney Opinion:
    Mitt not better off as Latino
    Obama 50%-Romney 45% in new poll
    Swing state poll: Romney favors rich
    Letterman gets Obama's take
    Carter grandson: 'Poetic justice'
    The 47%: 4,000 millionaires
    Facebook Ticker: Ryan says words 'inarticulate'

Politics
    King: For Romney, how bad is this?
    Borger: A businessman's approach
    Obama speaks out on Romney video
    Romney stands by message caught on tape
    4000 millionaires in Romney's '47%'
    Story behind leaked Romney video
    Ryan urged to 'take the gloves off'

Opinion
    What's wrong with Romney the candidate
    Romney's real feelings about GOP
    Politics by mob in China and Mideast
    Who wins from foreign policy?
    What if U.S. stops policing the world?
    What's behind Mitt meltdown
    Why do women still lag in journalism?

Not a single article or comment on the Obama Tape where he embraces "Redistribution". To dismiss the power of this.....

Of course, Liberals (and liberal media) are all onboard the redistribution polict wagon:

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz
    Wealth redistribution. That's what government is based on. Redistribution is a fundamental necessity of democratic government.
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-19-2012 at 10:35 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fish, the people no longer care about foreign affairs. Kill our ambassodor - no problem. Burn our flag - no problem. Threaten us and our allies - no problem.
    As long as the president continues to promise home loans, education loans, free birth control, extended unemployment, generous welfare checks, more free or subsidized medical, lower taxes and "screw the rich" - then he's in great shape.
    The American people have become lazy as a group. That's why our corporations are going overseas. Equal product, harder work, lower cost.
    asl people to work harder, take a chance? Kiss of death!

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    When you have the press covering up your gaffes, blunders and total incompetence... along with promising professional layabouts the moon, well... this is what you get.

A once great country going to hell in a hand basket at supersonic speed thanks to liberalism...

Can you say civil war part D'eux?
    Last edited by DeanPatsFan; 09-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    When you have the press covering up your gaffes, blunders and total incompetence... along with promising professional layabouts the moon, well... this is what you get.

A once great country going to hell in a hand basket at supersonic speed thanks to liberalism...

Can you say civil was part D'eux?

See Rome. Instant replay to a tee.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    See Rome. Instant replay to a tee.
    Exactly..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The GOP had ONE chance to win this thing...but instead of Dr Ron Paul they nominated Willard who could barely get half of the republican base to support him in the primaries

HUGE screwup that will give us four more years of Obama for sure

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Late in the game the press turned on Jimmy Carter (probably to avoid having backed a sure loser) ... but they sure are still 100% on board with Obama.

Think about it: a nearly unguarded US ambassador is dragged and killed from his consulate on 9/11 after specific warnings in a nation whose new government we helped install while the President doesn't address anything and heads to Vegas for a campaign event.

So what happens? The press turns ferociously on Romney for calling Obama's administration out in a time of "crisis".

That said, I don't believe these polls. They're owned and run by the same people who provide cover for Obama and they intentionally did not foresee an ass-whippin' in 2010.

Most of them see Obama winning nearly the vote he did in 2008 - and if you think that's going to happen, you're mistaken.

In fact, how did Obama do in Virginia in '08?

Barack Obama
    52.7%

John McCain
    45.9%

That's about +8. Hmmm.

Now think that the governor of Virginia is a popular Republican, as was not the case in '08.

Therefore Obama is stronger than ever in VA?

No sir, I disagree fully.

Still waiting to see my first "disenchanted Obama voter" article in the mainstream media. And there are many.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WF now < Dumbarine when it comes to gloating about (D) oversampled Compost polls

Give up on posting in Parlor Tricks, that's how bad it is.

2010 was a wipeout with a total media embargo of (R)

On 2nd thought still better than the Paulbots so maybe there's hope for a recovery - more so than a B. Hussein economic recovery
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 09-19-2012 at 11:54 AM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Late in the game the press turned on Jimmy Carter (probably to avoid having backed a sure loser) ... but they sure are still 100% on board with Obama.
    Oblamebush's palace guards in the criminal liberal media will support and cover for him right up until the polls close on election night....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    WF now < Dumbarine when it comes to gloating about (D) oversampled Compost polls

Give up on posting in Parlor Tricks, that's how bad it is.

2010 was a wipeout with a total media embargo of (R)

On 2nd thought still better than the Paulbots so maybe there's hope for a recovery - more so than a B. Hussein economic recovery
    So lets have a bet then.

If Romney wins VA, I will never post in Politics again.

If Obama wins VA, you will never post in Politics again, under this name or any other Flushing.

Put up, or stfu.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oblamebush's palace guards in the criminal liberal media will support and cover for him right up until the polls close on election night....
    I honestly didn't think they'd be this deep in the tank - or to be more precise, as tightly coordinated as they were in loudly condemning Romney on one of Obama's worst days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Know who's from Virginia?

Douglas Wilder

nuf. said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So lets have a bet then.

If Obama wins VA, you will never post in Politics again, under this name or any other Flushing.

Put up, or stfu.
    FYI another poll out today has Obama +3 in VA. Romney +1 in Florida and +3 in New Hampshire.

I would hate to see you make that bet because no one wants to lose a good poli forum poster. Make it a 1 year moratorium on posting instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    FYI another poll out today has Obama +3 in VA. Romney +1 in Florida and +3 in New Hampshire.

I would hate to see you make that bet because no one wants to lose a good poli forum poster. Make it a 1 year moratorium on posting instead.
    Some must read material...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...over-democrats

You can oversample this group, under sample that group, hash the differences between registered vs. likely voters ... but when there is a constant underscoring of the GOP being more motivated than the Democrats ... look out, Democrats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The always fair balanced and objective Breitfart....

Gotta be true

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    This!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So lets have a bet then.

Put up, or stfu.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Yr_NE6R_g

Hmmm...A WaPo voter supression "poll" fueled crypto-liberal triple dog dare concocted to suppress MY views topped off with a STFU! The emotional sauce-eating Sicilian in me says OK! but the principled intelligent patriot says NAY!

(A D +7 poll shows Obumbler up by 8 and liberals are jumping up and down with joy? Math is hard, so hard...)

Since you won't be voting for Romney in VA due to hubris, envy, guilt, ignorance, avoidance or some elongated assortment of excuses and I can't it's not really a fair playing field...

I know teh "bet" mirrors all or nothing cafeteria "libertarianism" (no religions or wars but all drugs openly worshiped in the public square) but on further review, much too sharia-like and not Solomonic enough.

I won't be able to gloat if Romney wins the election....forever is much too long to endure terrible screeds devoid of fact from libs/crypto-libs that I can't debunk...on the other hand a forum where trolls intellectual ciphers and immoral sociopaths hold sway in a 0 reign of error Part Deux may hardly be worth posting in...reading the aforementioned wretches glorify the truly evil B. Hussein's march to Marxism and ruination if he wins especially enabled by those who should know better will be difficult...especially the Paulbot pukes who like to spoil things for spite...teh other side of the coin is that you will be too dependent on bad music fiction and drugs to fill your time if you lose....I dunno...I'd like to see a JI opinion poll 1st!
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 09-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    From your NYT:

As for Obama being unpopular, the Republicans mistakenly believe that the loud, passionate minority of haters, birthers, and factional zealots like the tea party will convert magically into an electoral majority.
    Got to admit, that's pretty funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you say civil war part D'eux?

Bush was a liberal? Two unpaid for wars. Tax cuts for the rich. Patriot Act. Homeland Security......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    From your NYT:

Got to admit, that's pretty funny.
    http://www.unskewedpolls.com/

The majority of national polls are looking for a D+8 electorate. That is odd since in 2008, a historic year for D turnout, the final electorate was D+6. By contrast in 2004, not a particularly great year for the GOP, the electorate was an even split. Rassmussen has conducted over 300,000 interviews this election cycle and they place the electorate at R+2.

If you look at the unskewed polls at the moment Romney holds a very large lead. It remains to be seen which will hold true but I am somewhere in the middle. In the end of the day the Debates are going to make the difference this cycle.