Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official Hampur FISHING and FISH Thread (tm)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Fishing is more exercise than golf. 12 oz curls from the golf cart seat don't count.
    Nobody dies golfing (unless from a heart attack from too many chicken wings). Depending on the kind of fishing you do, it can be very physically demanding and in some cases quite dangerous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Nobody dies golfing...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E73RM9gS7bU

All League

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    That was excellent.

Now, excuse me whilst I put the microscope I used to read it....away.

-
    Touche

douche

Jets Insider VIP
    Nobody dies golfing (unless from a heart attack from too many chicken wings). Depending on the kind of fishing you do, it can be very physically demanding and in some cases quite dangerous.
    True. Even on my small 'home lake' of 15 acres, I dont take chances, always wear the life vest, because I usually fish alone, and I am a crappy swimmer.

When I was a kid, I nearly drowned 3 times on 3 separate occasions, at 3 different ages, at 3 different locations: lake, pool, ocean.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    True. Even on my small 'home lake' of 15 acres, I dont take chances, always wear the life vest, because I usually fish alone, and I am a crappy swimmer.

When I was a kid, I nearly drowned 3 times on 3 separate occasions, at 3 different ages, at 3 different locations: lake, pool, ocean.
    By all means, I think you should be around water all the time, then.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    drowning would be preferable to going that way

Jets Insider VIP
    This is my 8lb. 24" rainbow trout that I caught probably 10 years ago or so.
    The fish I caught looked nothing like this; it was so big & fat that it was almost completely silver, with almost no color on it.

And that Berkley Powerbait stuff definitely works, btw...

All League
    Hey, not that my memory is running at optimal performace, but didn't you create a website for what were talking about in this thread?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Hey, not that my memory is running at optimal performace, but didn't you create a website for what were talking about in this thread?
    Sort of....but it's far too nerdy to post here and risk [more] public derision....

All League
    Sort of....but it's far too nerdy to post here and risk [more] public derision....
    Hell, no guts, no glory. Besides, I'm sure it could use some good Hampur hits!

All League
    Ha, page 1, post 8.

Thats as far as my supersleuthing skills go.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210787

was up at the marina this morning swapping out the prop, and getting it ready for tomorrow. Boat is a 23' walkaround {grady white gulfstream}
    going to give the diamond jigs a shot ! , should start to pick up with the temps
    starting to drop !

All League
    Too nerdy for the Hampur? That's like saying something is too ghey for Liberace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Living by Lake Erie makes Walleye the default excuse to hit the lake and down cheap beer.

Didn't have much luck this year as the lake flipped right before the tourney and sent the walleye scattered. Still got plastered though....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    That was great, TBP. I would have kept it because I'm a scumbag, but you definitely did the right thing.

I did something similar while bow-hunting deer. Skewered a 16 point buck right through the neck, but knew I had to let him go so someone else could get an opportunity.
    +1

Did you treat the wound first? It could have got infected.

EDIT: Great story BP

All League
    Headed out late this afternoon after work for an hour's fishing. Was crossing the edge of the Lynn Flats when I saw a few small fish (snappers, maybe) slashing at bait on the surface. Cut the engine, climbed up in the bow, and started tossing a Gartside Gurgler. As I worked it, about every minute or so something much bigger than the snappers would surge through the bait, scattering it. Started working the fly with a little more pop and on about the dozenth cast hooked into a good fish that after a fifteen minute fight, which included taking me into my backing, turned out to be the biggest striper I've landed on a fly rod, just shy of 40 inches.

I don't keep fish unless I've had a specific request for one. As this was not the case (and add to that as this as clearly a breeding female) she was revived and let go.

Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 09-24-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Headed out late this afternoon after work for an hour's fishing. Was crossing the edge of the Lynn Flats when I saw a few small fish (snappers, maybe) slashing at bait on the surface. Cut the engine, climbed up in the bow, and started tossing a gurgler. As I worked it, about every minute or so something much bigger than the snappers would surge through the bait, scattering it. Started working the fly with a little more pop and on about the dozenth cast hooked into a good fish that after a fifteen minute fight, which included taking me into my backing, turned out to be the biggest striper I've landed on a fly rod, just shy of 40 inches.

I hate/envy you guys....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Living by Lake Erie makes Walleye the default excuse to hit the lake and down cheap beer.

Didn't have much luck this year as the lake flipped right before the tourney and sent the walleye scattered. Still got plastered though....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Seems like there is far too much 'science!' involved with catching walleyes.
    I mean, between all the crazy-ass worm rigs, spinners, jigheads, beads, ...its just to seem to be a hassle. Far too specialized, it seems, for my taste.

Hall Of Fame
    Yikes. That striper has the red sores on it. Mycobacteria.

Shame. Last weekend we caught 3 of them, 2 had the sores and we threw them back. Yours doesn't look too bad but the disease can pass to humans.

Great catch though.