Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: So does this team ever pull the plug on Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Wow, one game he played decently in. That was more on Buffalo then it was on Sanchez. How do fans think this guy is good? He is in the bottom five of NFL QBs.
    Go and rewatch the game and see how many poor decisions he made, or how many throws were off target. Sanchez is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez has exactly one offensive weapon that the other 31 NFL teams would covet, and that's as a good #2 WR at best.

The rest are projects and scrubs. Joe Montana couldn't win with this offensive group.

SAR I
    He looked like a below average number 3 last week.

If you think Sanchez has been the biggest problem on offense this year, I don't know what to tell you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Definitely. We should dump Sanchez and pick up Cam Newton off waivers in a week. Did you see Newton last night. Fwewh! Stink.a.roo!!!

What do you think....3 days before Carolina pulls the plug on him?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.

If you watch the 22 tape you realize he is not the main issue. Was he perfect? No. But he played pretty damn well against the steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post
    whatever, push comes to shove, Sanchez is making elite money for mediocre results. if he turns the page and becomes a great QB..awesome... if not we need to move on. the fact that a thread like this was created speaks volumes in its own right.
    No he's not. Elite quarterbacks make $20M+/yr

Sanchez is at $12M/yr over the next 4 years (if he's here that long, it's really more like $8M this year and $12M next year and who knows after that).

His comparables are Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassel, and Ryan Fitzpatrick, who make $10M/yr.

Joe Flacco is trying to get $16-18M/yr out of the Ravens.

$10M/yr is about as cheap as it gets for a proven starter. The only guys making less than that are rookies that were drafted under the new CBA.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    no

next question?
    How soon before Sanchez crash and burn? after the dolphins game ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?
    Holy crap. This is getting beaten to death. Sanchez is the quarterback unless they find someone better. Tebow is not better, so it's Sanchez or bust. NYC can really get annoying after a while. It's game 2. He played a great game in week 1 and got knocked around in game 2. Can we see more of the season before we start yet another annoying discussion about when it is time to move on? The Jets just guaranteed 2012 and 2013. They're not dumping him anytime soon, so just watch the games and stop harping on the same old topic. It's so overdone.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    How soon before Sanchez crash and burn? after the dolphins game ?
    Yes after the Dolphin game. Thanks for your thought provoking question. If you want any more answers just ask away. Thanks again.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post
    whatever, push comes to shove, Sanchez is making elite money for mediocre results. if he turns the page and becomes a great QB..awesome... if not we need to move on. the fact that a thread like this was created speaks volumes in its own right.
    Thats a given. However, a thread like this speaks to one thing, lack of knowledge.

Side note, do you know why Jagr wears #68?.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Holy crap. This is getting beaten to death. Sanchez is the quarterback unless they find someone better. Tebow is not better, so it's Sanchez or bust. NYC can really get annoying after a while. It's game 2. He played a great game in week 1 and got knocked around in game 2. Can we see more of the season before we start yet another annoying discussion about when it is time to move on? The Jets just guaranteed 2012 and 2013. They're not dumping him anytime soon, so just watch the games and stop harping on the same old topic. It's so overdone.
    Utter maddness!!!!

And it is the same group of Yahoos who post these threads day after day after day after day...post after post after post and then get upset when you wont agree with them that we should throw the starting QB overboard after the second game of the season in which in game one he was one the finest QBs in the entire NFL!!!

All I can say is ...

Good Grief!!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Utter maddness!!!!

And it is the same group of Yahoos who post these threads day after day after day after day...post after post after post and then get upset when you wont agree with them that we should throw the starting QB overboard after the second game of the season in which in game one he was one the finest QBs in the entire NFL!!!

All I can say is ...

Good Grief!!!!!

... AMEN, +999999999999999999 ...

Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter

... really ??? ... that's news to me ... don't think i've ever seen anything positive about about the jets out of you ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    As a Jets fan, do you even know what a Super Bowl is?

Kind of rings a bell. Is it the big game in early Feruary that the Pats* have blown late twice in the past five years, despite being big favorites, in which Tom Lady put up a combined 31 points?

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Geez...overreact much?

Sanchez missed a wide open Holmes in the end zone. While Sanchez has all the tools to be a productive QB in this league he continues to be inconsistent. This is worrisome to me and should raise some red flags for all of you.
    Ok, I'll give you that. He did miss Holmes badly on a throw where he was under pressure, but what other bad throws did he make? Most every other throw was right on the money, go back and look at the Holmes drops, or the Hill drops. You can't make better throws than those.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Definitely. We should dump Sanchez and pick up Cam Newton off waivers in a week. Did you see Newton last night. Fwewh! Stink.a.roo!!!

What do you think....3 days before Carolina pulls the plug on him?
    err in all fairness, Newton has less then 22 NFL games under his belt and he just started his second season. Thus is Sanchez' 4 th year and he sometimes makes the same mistakes he did way back when!

Sanchez still locks onto receivers; still gets the deer -in-the-headlights-look when he gets hit; still lacks strong leadership skills on the field; holds on to the ball too long; still has little pocket presence when trouble brews; still is inaccurate. He does have talent though and I am afraid that we will need to give him more time to get it right! He had very little college experience and it still shows. BUT what the man does not need are a bunch of starry eyed fans making excuses for his play. He is a perfectionist who wants to get it right!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Utter maddness!!!!

All I can say is ...

Good Grief!!!!!
    Not true. After the Buffalo win and before the steelers loss, you couldn't find these threads anywhere.

Weird.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agree on the "same old yahoos" part. If only we had followed their advice and drafted Leinart things would be much better now.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That's the year the Russians invaded the Czech Rep., pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Geez...overreact much?

Sanchez missed a wide open Holmes in the end zone. While Sanchez has all the tools to be a productive QB in this league he continues to be inconsistent. This is worrisome to me and should raise some red flags for all of you.

That being said, its amazing how some of you point to how great he looked one week against Buffalo and then when he struggles the next week its not Mark Sanchez's issue but the pieces surrounding him. He is an inconsistent QB who can win in this league but does not have the ability to carry a team on his back like an Eli, Brees, Rodgers or Brady. If there is a cant miss prospect you have to jump at the opportunity and move on without Mark. That prospect is NOT Tim Tebow.
    Take a look at Eli's 1st SB-he won because of great adjustments by his receiving core on bad passes. Lat year was Eli. The only receivers on the jets in whom I have any confidence are keller and kerley.

The word Tebow should be banned here in any dicussion regarding qbs-he is a football player not a qb

That pass Sanchez overthrew Holmes on?

Calvin Johnson catches that pass. Life is good for Matt Stafford.