Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So does this team ever pull the plug on Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've said it before & I'll say it again, Jet fans and the media had no idea how to deal with the team having a 1st round Day 1 starting rookie QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Once again RMeyer wins again

This tool throws a question out there every day....and never responds

He's a Pats fan, and gets off these type threads....what a loser

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I agree but if you get rid of Sanchez after this year then who is the answer? Go back to square one and draft someone?
    As Canada and SMC stated, his contract will not allow unloading him after this season.

As to your question, can McIlroy be a starting NFL QB? I was shocked that Jets wasted pre-season snaps on Tebow instead of McIlroy.

If that doesn't work out, they have two choices:

1) Trade for a starting QB

2) Move up and draft another QB (highly unlikely)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny how far on each end of the spectrum people can be on Sanchez. The truth is the reason Sanchez struggled had to do with a multitude of things. One is the obvious fact Sanchez struggles with his accuracy at times. He missed some throws that I'm sure he'd love to have back in both games. Another is his WR's dropped alot of balls, especially Holmes. PIT also started mugging our receivers when they realized they could get away with it. Rex should have taken note and done the same on D for us as well.

Fact of the matter is Mark is not a bottom 5 QB like someone eluded to. That's just idiotic. He's also not elite and probably never will be. That's ok though, because frankly there's only 4 or 5 elite QB's in the league. It's not like they grow on trees.

I thinks fans tend to insulate themselves because they're so invested in the win that they don't have a realistic expectation or comparison vs other QB's around the league. It's like some of you don't think other QB's struggle or have bad games or streaks of bad games. Up until the last 3 games last year Mark played pretty well. He had a bad 3 games to finish out the season and suddenly people say he's a bottom 5 QB. He had a very good game agains BUF and suddenly he's back. Then one bad against PIT and he sucks again.

Mark has flaws that need fixing. Everyone should know that. He's not perfect at all. But he also has the tools to be a very good QB and it has shown on the field as well. The bottom line is if he is not the answer then we are in alot of trouble because we don't have any other option on the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    wrs dropping passes and rbs who cant break to the outside are mark sanchezs fault?
    +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I mean come on dude, I am not the biggest supporter of Sanchez but man, what more could he have done Sunday, he was hitting receivers righ in the hands,,, oh, and he calls a hot rout because he reads the blitz and his target just keeps running, and he hits him right in teh numbers in the back. i will be the first to say pull the plug on Mark if he screwes up, sunday was far from his fault.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Obviously, you don't watch too many NFL football games.

Sanchez is no where near the QB as those guys.
    I watch plenty of games Tex, for the last 43 years I ve put my time in as a fan and player.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Dont undermine my knowledge of the game because it does not agree with your views.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    It's funny how far on each end of the spectrum people can be on Sanchez. The truth is the reason Sanchez struggled had to do with a multitude of things. One is the obvious fact Sanchez struggles with his accuracy at times. He missed some throws that I'm sure he'd love to have back in both games. Another is his WR's dropped alot of balls, especially Holmes. PIT also started mugging our receivers when they realized they could get away with it. Rex should have taken note and done the same on D for us as well.

Fact of the matter is Mark is not a bottom 5 QB like someone eluded to. That's just idiotic. He's also not elite and probably never will be. That's ok though, because frankly there's only 4 or 5 elite QB's in the league. It's not like they grow on trees.

I thinks fans tend to insulate themselves because they're so invested in the win that they don't have a realistic expectation or comparison vs other QB's around the league. It's like some of you don't think other QB's struggle or have bad games or streaks of bad games. Up until the last 3 games last year Mark played pretty well. He had a bad 3 games to finish out the season and suddenly people say he's a bottom 5 QB. He had a very good game agains BUF and suddenly he's back. Then one bad against PIT and he sucks again.

Mark has flaws that need fixing. Everyone should know that. He's not perfect at all. But he also has the tools to be a very good QB and it has shown on the field as well. The bottom line is if he is not the answer then we are in alot of trouble because we don't have any other option on the team.
    Bottom 7. Is that better? There are rookie QBs that are superior to him. There are second year QBs that are superior to him. Has he really made any significant strides since his rookie year? To me the answer is no.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I watch plenty of games Tex, for the last 43 years I ve put my time in as a fan and player.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Dont undermine my knowledge of the game because it does not agree with your views.
    You are absolutely correct NYJ37/12.

My apologies.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post

Great post Snelly. You are a voice of reason amongst a bunch of...

I'm going to continue to believe in Mark, and hope that the Front Office does the same.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one that saw Sanchez play as good as a QB can play in the first half of the steelers game? He takes a helmet to helmet blow to the chin, somehow manages to tough it out for the rest of the game and he all of a sudden stinks?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put a Trent Richardson on this team and Sanchez immediately becomes better, the team is a perennial playoff contender, and legitimate SB possibility. No need for the flak, I realize that's alot to ask. My point is we very well could be one player away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Fair enough. But as has been pointed out elsewhere, his primary on that play [Santonio] fell down. And it was 3rd down. So - time to make a play.

I just don't think that play in any way supports the Sanchez's-lack-of-development idea. If anything, his tempo, correct reads and ball security have all improved markedly in this young season - even in the loss to PIT.
    Agreed. Look, I like what Sanchez has done so far this year. While I dont think he is as good as some posters make him out to be, he is certainly no where near as bad as some posters make him out to be. My issues are with his consistency and his desire to do too much in order to make a play.

Week 1 against Buffalo he makes a dumb play on 2nd down which results in an interception. Against Pitt he nearly gets his head taken off trying to run for it on 3rd down. He needs to do a better job of taken what is given and not trying to force feed the ball to Holmes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    sg3's breakfast, lunch and dinner:

Is that cream of asparagus soup?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez must become a difference-maker bottom line or this team goes nowhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one that saw Sanchez play as good as a QB can play in the first half of the steelers game? He takes a helmet to helmet blow to the chin, somehow manages to tough it out for the rest of the game and he all of a sudden stinks?
    So are you saying Sanchez isnt tough. If he gets hit, he gets rattled and doesnt play well? You have to be able to take shots and dust yourself off and still play well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So are you saying Sanchez isnt tough. If he gets hit, he gets rattled and doesnt play well? You have to be able to take shots and dust yourself off and still play well.
    There's a reason that play is illegal you know. You hit ANY QB like that and he'll get rattled, if not concussed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    So Jay Cutler and his 4 INTs and 7 sack performance gets a pass? He didn't hold the ball too long, miss his receivers or force the ball into TRIPLE coverage? I guess Sanchez is the only one who takes the blame for bad performances.
    +1111111111111111111111

Well said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Cutler is Santonio Holmes as a QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Really, because if you hit Tom Brady at all early he pretty much turtles up instantly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ever??

yup, I guarantee it

In about 10 years and after he leads the Jets to three superbowls Mark will be in the 36-37 year old range. His skills will probably seriously decline and after he loses a game to some career never ever franchise against quarterback Kevin Kolb Jr throwing multiple interceptions including a pick six, the Jets will probably be forced to realize that it's time to start his backup
    WOW..... that post stands above all IMO.