Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So does this team ever pull the plug on Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on MJ, Harris and Keller are nothing more than JAGS, hardly elite players in the NFL.
    GTF out of here, Mike. Keller is a productive player when Sanchez actually uses him and the Jets win the vast majority of their games when Keller has a reception. So although he may not pass your quality test, he's a very good player for us and instrumental in the Jets winning.

David Harris is amongst the very best LB's in the league. Sure, I'd probably put some players ahead of him. The guy in San Fran comes to mind, but he's still a VERY good linebacker.

And Darrelle Revis? Well, do even go there. You'd just look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Is it ever the fact that Sanchez is not a good qb,his qb rating is held up by the Bills,who were planning some of the softest and worst coverage I have ever seen in the NFL. Our guys were wide open(10 yards) most of the game and Sanchez completed the passes. This resulted in High qb rating. These same people who blamed it all on shotty are now blaming it all on his supporting cast.
    Winners find ways to win.
    explain 09-10 when we went to the afc championships. since then the offensive weapons have gone out more than they have come in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    GTF out of here, Mike. Keller is a productive player when Sanchez actually uses him and the Jets win the vast majority of their games when Keller has a reception. So although he may not pass your quality test, he's a very good player for us and instrumental in the Jets winning.

David Harris is amongst the very best LB's in the league. Sure, I'd probably put some players ahead of him. The guy in San Fran comes to mind, but he's still a VERY good linebacker.

And Darrelle Revis? Well, do even go there. You'd just look foolish.
    Did I say anything about Revis?

Keller is a mid-level TE in the NFL. He can't block worth $hit, can't really get open, never makes big plays, and drops too many balls.

Harris is an above-average LB, nothing more, and hardly "elite".

You really think Harris and Keller are "elite" players in the NFL?
    Keller is as elite as Hernandez ... Even more so.

All League

Keller is a mid-level TE in the NFL. He can't block worth $hit, can't really get open, never makes big plays, and drops too many balls.

Harris is an above-average LB, nothing more, and hardly "elite".
    I agree with the troll

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I agree with the troll
    I'm not a troll.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Gotta love clueless Jets fans.

Keller is a better TE than Hernandez?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What does andrew luck have? He looked great last week. hes got Reggie wayne who is an aging reciever, and absolutely nothing else. Yet he looked great last week in only his 2nd nfl game.

What does RG3 have? Pierre garcon??? Santana Moss??? Fred Davis??? Alfred Morris???? These guys are mediocre at best. and he has looked great this year.

You guys act like every team has all pros at every offensive position. These are rookie qb who have marginal talent on offense who are excelling in their 1st few games.

Yet mark is 4 years in.
    Great point.....too bad those guys dont come around often......next year we should trade up and take the next Andrew Luck or RG3 if it were that easy
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 09-19-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'm not the patriot troll masquerading on a Jet message board, bub
    You define idiocy

No, he's a realistic Jets fan that knows the game of football.

Doesn't live in your fantasy world where you bang Tinkerbell in your dreams and think the Jets have a great football team.
    Thanks that idiots brains are leaking

That's a great post thank you Maine

Banned
    Thanks that idiots brains are leaking
    That's just sg3, he pisses green kool aid out of his ears.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You obviously know nothing about what makes a quality NFL QB. Mark Sanchez is a bum. Here is a list of better QBS in the league.

Brady
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Vick
    RGIII
    Romo
    Cutler
    Stafford
    Ponder
    Rogers
    Alex Smith
    Brafford
    Luck
    Flacco
    Big Ben
    Cassel
    Dalton
    Palmer
    Schaub
    Ryan
    Newton
    Freeman
    Not for nothing but if you are going to include guys that are "better" then Sanchez can they at least have won ONE playoff game? You know just 1! I bet you are a big Matt Ice fan but what exactly has the guy done with all the weapons he has had and a home playoff game? Freeman is great? Really let me guess you loved his last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Wait hold on a second and let me catch my breath. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! Ok I am better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Horsesh*t. For the most part, anytime Tanny has traded up he's yielded the team a very productive player.

Darrelle Revis
    David Harris
    Dustin Keller

All three of those players range from productive up to elite. Either way the trade up was worth it.

Mark Sanchez is really his worst decision in trading up. QB's are in general an emormous crap shoot. However, Sanchez was considered at the time to be a "can't miss" prospect. The Jet were in need of a potential franchise QB. The Jets also knew at the time that they had a near SB ready team. They had the surrounding cast, they just needed that franchise QB to get them over the top. The results bear out those facts also with consecutive trips to the AFC championship game.

Unfortunately, his biggest gamble in trading up hasn't worked out. But you can't fault Tanny for trying. It's what every team will do when they are in that position.

Revis All time great player
    Harris. Avg to Above avg slow middle Lb
    Keller in todays football he is a below avg to avg TE.
    Lets be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummm why can't other people watching this team see this!!!

Would someone like Kerly or Greene be starting on Atlanta, the Giants, the Pats, Green Bay, Detroit, Arizona etc......the answer is NOooooo!!!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    Kerley would start on MOST teams

I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?
    There are 3 or 4 "elite" QBs in this league. You can win an SB with an above average QB. Its how you build the team, coaching and making the right investments. If the season ended today, no doubt that the Niners and the Texans would be the frontrunners. Sanchez is in the same level as Smith and Schaub.

Fix the running game and every aspect of this team will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Not for nothing but if you are going to include guys that are "better" then Sanchez can they at least have won ONE playoff game? You know just 1! I bet you are a big Matt Ice fan but what exactly has the guy done with all the weapons he has had and a home playoff game? Freeman is great? Really let me guess you loved his last season?
    Sanchez was a game manager in those playoff wins. The QBs are named are all better or equal to Sanchez at this moment or have better upside.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Sanchez was a game manager in those playoff wins. The QBs are named are all better or equal to Sanchez at this moment or have better upside.
    Game manager? Why not check his stats and then come back to me? How many of those guys on the list have won 4 playoff games? Do your research and then come back to me. How many has Dalton won? Schaub? Freeman? Palmer? What about everyone favorite loser Matt Ryan, he has won ZERO playoff games. Why wasnt he a game manager as you put it and he maybe could have won a big game or two? Let me guess Turner,Gonzalez,White,Jones and one of the best Olines in football wasnt enough for him? Yet you knock our guy who is literally playing with 2nd tier guys? Get a grip and knock it off because you have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Kerley would start on MOST teams
    If you think this the debate has to be over. Kerley would start on most teams? Good grief its sad to be a Jets fan.