Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 266

Thread: So does this team ever pull the plug on Sanchez

  1. #1

    So does this team ever pull the plug on Sanchez

    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?

  2. #2
    wrs dropping passes and rbs who cant break to the outside are mark sanchezs fault?

  3. #3
    was anyone asking this question after the bills game? he's got a 95 passer rating so far with 1 turnover in 2 games.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    was anyone asking this question after the bills game? he's got a 95 passer rating so far with 1 turnover in 2 games.
    Wow, one game he played decently in. That was more on Buffalo then it was on Sanchez. How do fans think this guy is good? He is in the bottom five of NFL QBs.

  5. #5
    This year so far is a microcosm of his career. Looks great one game, looks poor the next and he is not helped by a very bad set of receivers. His receivers were disgustingly bad last game but he missed several throws as well. If he gets whacked early he plays bad.

    A decision might be made at the end of the year, all depends on the cap implication. We have two choices, keep him and hope he ends up being Alex Smith version 2 in which he will improve enough to be okay on a stacked team or look elsewhere.

    We have begun to set the standards too low for him if you ask me, accepting poor performances and making every excuse in the book for a 4th year QB.

  6. #6
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?
    Mark Sanchez has exactly one offensive weapon that the other 31 NFL teams would covet, and that's as a good #2 WR at best.

    The rest are projects and scrubs. Joe Montana couldn't win with this offensive group.

    SAR I

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,201
    no

    next question?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    If Sanchez struggles this season ...

    Season !? that's way too generous ... i give him 2 more bad games and the court of public opinion will anoint #tebow, for a game or 2 anyway.

  9. #9
    Sanchez will be the best QB this team has ever had just give him time.
    i dont think he is perfect but no QB is terrific tom and payton both had bad games this week. The steelers have the best d in the NFL so far and were the best last year. Lets let these young recivers mature a little with him and see if holmes can stop the droping balls. holmes has had soem of the best catches i have ever seen but boy does he drop the easy ones alot. if they catch the ball for him sanchez takes a big step this year maybe even top 10 he did a great job not turning the ball over this week. some of those bad throws were where the ball and the recivers need adjust to that. when he missed kerley he went right over to him and explained where he need to be on that play. i am very pleased whith his growth so far lets hope hill turns into a number one for us asap

  10. #10
    Not this year. Even if he is aweful they have no viable back-up that will be better, long term.

    Maybe in two years they draft a QB and move on from Sanchez but it's not happening anytime soon.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    If we miss the playoffs, and some of the losses can be directly attributed to the QB play, then I think we draft one this year. Best case scenario we end up with the problem SD had with Brees and Rivers.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?
    Did you write this after week 1?

    No, you're playing the typical fan and over reacting to week 2 and not looking at the big picture blaming the QB.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    If we miss the playoffs, and some of the losses can be directly attributed to the QB play, then I think we draft one this year. Best case scenario we end up with the problem SD had with Brees and Rivers.
    Virtually every loss can be attributed to poor QB play.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez has exactly one offensive weapon that the other 31 NFL teams would covet, and that's as a good #2 WR at best.

    The rest are projects and scrubs. Joe Montana couldn't win with this offensive group.

    SAR I
    Ummm why can't other people watching this team see this!!!

    Would someone like Kerly or Greene be starting on Atlanta, the Giants, the Pats, Green Bay, Detroit, Arizona etc......the answer is NOooooo!!!!!

    Good Grief!!!!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Virtually every loss can be attributed to poor QB play.
    when Tebow is in lol. Yes you are right especially if you read this board. But I'm talking more of the 5 int Buffalo loss. Last week I'd call a team loss.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    no

    next question?
    sg3's breakfast, lunch and dinner:






  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    921
    I have been very hard on Sanchez in the past. I would have been comfortable cutting him this offseason. However, his last two games (yes, including the Steelers game) have been encouraging and he should be given some leeway over the next few weeks. The flip flopping on this board from week to week is comical.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,340
    Sanchez will get this year and the next to prove he is the QB this team needs.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Wow, one game he played decently in. That was more on Buffalo then it was on Sanchez. How do fans think this guy is good? He is in the bottom five of NFL QBs.
    DUMP THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Sanchez will get this year and the next to prove he is the QB this team needs.
    If the Jets miss the playoffs and go 8-8 or worse, Sanchez will not be around next year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us