Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So does this team ever pull the plug on Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez...overreact much?

Sanchez missed a wide open Holmes in the end zone. While Sanchez has all the tools to be a productive QB in this league he continues to be inconsistent. This is worrisome to me and should raise some red flags for all of you.

That being said, its amazing how some of you point to how great he looked one week against Buffalo and then when he struggles the next week its not Mark Sanchez's issue but the pieces surrounding him. He is an inconsistent QB who can win in this league but does not have the ability to carry a team on his back like an Eli, Brees, Rodgers or Brady. If there is a cant miss prospect you have to jump at the opportunity and move on without Mark. That prospect is NOT Tim Tebow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Sanchez crap is old. Sanchez can ball, case closed.

No qb wins on his own.

Its unfortunate for him and us that the team has yet to build around him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Geez...overreact much?

Sanchez missed a wide open Holmes in the end zone. While Sanchez has all the tools to be a productive QB in this league he continues to be inconsistent. This is worrisome to me and should raise some red flags for all of you.

That being said, its amazing how some of you point to how great he looked one week against Buffalo and then when he struggles the next week its not Mark Sanchez's issue but the pieces surrounding him. He is an inconsistent QB who can win in this league but does not have the ability to carry a team on his back like an Eli, Brees, Rodgers or Brady. If there is a cant miss prospect you have to jump at the opportunity and move on without Mark. That prospect is NOT Tim Tebow.
    Yea because when the Packers and Patriots were dropping every pass thrown their way in the playoffs they still won

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we're not seeing Rex and Sparano getting drunk on the Tebow is a QB KoolAid. They need to keep his ass on the field every snap as a WR/TE/DB whatever. If he sucks in those positions then there's no reason for him to be on this team.
    Last edited by ColonelForbin; 09-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Yea because when the Packers and Patriots were dropping every pass thrown their way in the playoffs they still won
    Yea and locking in on Holmes to complete 7 yard slant after 7 yard slant is what you want to see from your QB

And that shot he took on the chin was the result his maturation over the past three years. Its nice to see that he has learned to get rid of the ball when nothing is open downfield

Your right though about dropped passes. The difference is Rodgers and Brady will get on their WR's for dropping balls or running the wrong routes. Still havent seen that from our QB. I guess accountability really isnt being preached at Florham Park.
    Last edited by kennedy fried Toon; 09-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    If we miss the playoffs, and some of the losses can be directly attributed to the QB play, then I think we draft one this year. Best case scenario we end up with the problem SD had with Brees and Rivers.
    I can get onboard with this. But finding a good QB is a real crapshoot. How many great QBs are there in the league?? 5 or 6 . . . How many of those were instant stars? 1 or 2 . . .

How many SuperBowls did Marino win? 0 How long did it take Elway to win one? 14 years or so IIRC.

Point is, it's a risky proposition. Better to look to improve the whole team then expect a single position to rescue a franchise.

With the NFLs tilt towards offense, I think winning with a so-called 'game manager' is more possible than ever. And THAT strata of QB benefits from stability in a system and coaches and obviously a well-built team around him.

I've posted it before - I think the Jets are a few key spots away from seeing everything the team has to offer: a RB, a TE and a ILB or two. I'd like to see them make a stab at being a complete, stable team before being willing to toss Sanchez aside for the next version of team savior.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its nice to see that he has learned to get rid of the ball when nothing is open downfield
    ???

He had already thrown the ball IIRC. It was a late and illegal hit. And in any event, it happened quick - not from Mark hanging onto the ball.

You can't have it both ways. You want a guy to try and make plays but then point out his deviation from being a robotic game-manager as a sign of his lack of development. Makes no sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez has exactly one offensive weapon that the other 31 NFL teams would covet, and that's as a good #2 WR at best.

The rest are projects and scrubs. Joe Montana couldn't win with this offensive group.

SAR I
    What does andrew luck have? He looked great last week. hes got Reggie wayne who is an aging reciever, and absolutely nothing else. Yet he looked great last week in only his 2nd nfl game.

What does RG3 have? Pierre garcon??? Santana Moss??? Fred Davis??? Alfred Morris???? These guys are mediocre at best. and he has looked great this year.

You guys act like every team has all pros at every offensive position. These are rookie qb who have marginal talent on offense who are excelling in their 1st few games.

Yet mark is 4 years in.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!
    You obviously know nothing about what makes a quality NFL QB. Mark Sanchez is a bum. Here is a list of better QBS in the league.

Brady
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Vick
    RGIII
    Romo
    Cutler
    Stafford
    Ponder
    Rogers
    Alex Smith
    Brafford
    Luck
    Flacco
    Big Ben
    Cassel
    Dalton
    Palmer
    Schaub
    Ryan
    Newton
    Freeman

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your right though about dropped passes. The difference is Rodgers and Brady will get on their WR's for dropping balls or running the wrong routes. Still havent seen that from our QB. I guess accountability really isnt being preached at Florham Park.
    I agree with you on this part. I think Mark has made strides in his own play and grasps this offense, but I would like to see him demand more from his WR's. Holmes running lazy routes and then crying for flags to bail him out is atrocious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You obviously know nothing about what makes a quality NFL QB. Mark Sanchez is a bum. Here is a list of better QBS in the league.

Brady
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Vick
    RGIII
    Romo
    Cutler
    Stafford
    Ponder
    Rogers
    Alex Smith
    Brafford
    Luck
    Flacco
    Big Ben
    Cassel
    Dalton
    Palmer
    Schaub
    Ryan
    Newton
    Freeman
    So tell me ol wise one, What makes thee a quality NFL QB?

And since you seem to have ALL the answers, tell me who will win the SB this year so I can go to vegas and bet my life savings. Don't worry I will give you a trinket for your troubles

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What does andrew luck have? He looked great last week. hes got Reggie wayne who is an aging reciever, and absolutely nothing else. Yet he looked great last week in only his 2nd nfl game.
    And he threw 3 picks and a 50% completion rate in his 1st. Not hard to throw on the Vikings ****ty secondary either....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So tell me ol wise one, What makes thee a quality NFL QB?

And since you seem to have ALL the answers, tell me who will win the SB this year so I can go to vegas and bet my life savings. Don't worry I will give you a trinket for your troubles
    Not the Jets. All these QBs are better for a variety of reasons. Some throw better, some run better, some have better pocket presense. All are superior than Sanchez, including rookies! Sanchez will be a backup QB for the rest of his career in a year or two.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a huge a Mark Sanchez supporter but I believe there is no doubt that he is not nor ever will be in the same class as some the the NFL elite QB's which I agree are far and few between. So my question is this: If Sanchez struggles this season at what point in time does the organization make a business decision and say "he is not the QB we thought he could become" versus continuing to invest in a player that may or may not be that good and who ultimately makes that decision ?
    Wait until next week when he has a good game against the Miami defense...this will change your mind.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Jets miss the playoffs and go 8-8 or worse, Sanchez will not be around next year.
    In favor of who? Tebow?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Brady
    Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Vick
    RGIII
    Romo
    Cutler
    Stafford
    Ponder
    Rogers
    Alex Smith
    Brafford
    Luck
    Flacco
    Big Ben
    Cassel
    Dalton
    Palmer
    Schaub
    Ryan
    Newton
    Freeman
    You obviously don't know much either, if you are putting Christian Ponder, Andrew Luck, Matt Cassel, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub, Cam Newton, Josh Freeman, RGIII, Tony Romo, and Jay Cutler ALL ahead of Sanchez...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    In favor of who? Tebow?
    Come on pj, Tebow is not the answer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    You obviously don't know much either, if you are putting Christian Ponder, Andrew Luck, Matt Cassel, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub, Cam Newton, Josh Freeman, RGIII, Tony Romo, and Jay Cutler ALL ahead of Sanchez...
    Stick to hockey

Only Ponder is questionable in that list and from what I have seen of him he has IMPROVED from his rookie season, something that Sanchez has not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade sanchez and tebow. go with mcelroy and sign a superstar rb and wr.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stick to hockey

Only Ponder is questionable in that list and from what I have seen of him he has IMPROVED from his rookie season, something that Sanchez has not.
    So Jay Cutler and his 4 INTs and 7 sack performance gets a pass? He didn't hold the ball too long, miss his receivers or force the ball into TRIPLE coverage? I guess Sanchez is the only one who takes the blame for bad performances.