Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the Jets beat a winning team?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

When will the Jets beat a winning team?

If the media wants to ask Rex a meaningful question, I would think there is nothing wrong with it.
    Are the Bills going over .500 this year? I say no
    Miami? No

We lost to the Steelers & now haven't beaten a team that ended or will end with a winning record for 18 games straight.
    49ers
    Texans
    Pats
    All coming up. Listen, I like Rex, I think he's a good DC, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut now & then. Look around the league & you see upsets (Cards over Pats) but where does this guys bravado come from?
    Since the beginning of last year it's certainly not from this teams performances.
    I'm keeping the faith but if he can't upset at least 1 of these teams coming up with 2 of these games at home, he really does need to STFU & start doing a better job at coaching this ENTIRE team & instilling some confidence because from last September to now it's all coming out as FALSE BRAVADO!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

when we thumped the Bills last year they were something like 5-2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dump

Funny how a Jets fan asks a very significant question and your reply is to dump the thread.

And BTW, the mighty Bills were a 6-10 football team last year.

It's been over 20 months since the Jets beat a good team with a winning record.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Funny how a Jets fan asks a very significant question and your reply is to dump the thread.

STOP...facts don't mix well with Kool aid. Facts affect the sugar high.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

5,000 of his posts are just the word "dump".

Being a REAL/GOOD Jet fan means no bad mouthing!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dump

when we thumped the Bills last year they were something like 5-2
    This is a legitimate question and a legitimate concern.

Can this team beat quality opponents?

Rex's D's do a nice job confusing young and bad QB's but good QB's pretty much handle our D. This is a real concern.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    If the media wants to ask Rex a meaningful question, I would think there is nothing wrong with it.
    Are the Bills going over .500 this year? I say no
    Miami? No

We lost to the Steelers & now haven't beaten a team that ended or will end with a winning record for 18 games straight.
    5 games straight, how are you getting 18 games straight?

The Jets played 3 games last year against teams over .500 + Steelers this year + AFC Championship game 2010.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    5 games straight, how are you getting 18 games straight?

The Jets played 3 games last year against teams over .500 + Steelers this year + AFC Championship game 2010.
    He said OVER 500. Not 500. Example..Cowboys were 8-8.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets worry about being a winning team ourselves. Right now, we are a .500 team coming off an awful loss going on the road to play a division rival. The dolphins team and fanbase is juiced up right now. This is going to be a tough game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Who the **** is this guy and why is he so obsessed with our team? Only a loser would troll on another team's website everyday. Stop jockin our teams d1ck and find a new hobby. I'm sure you and the rest Bellicheat Nation have plenty to talk about after losing to Kevin Kolb at home. Good luck with that o-line this year

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Funnier, an obsessed fan from another team thinks he's the forum police, judge and jury.

Not only are you obsessed with all things Jets, you're totally obsessed with SG3.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lets worry about being a winning team ourselves. Right now, we are a .500 team coming off an awful loss going on the road to play a division rival. The dolphins team and fanbase is juiced up right now. This is going to be a tough game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are going to show up against the 49ers and the Texans. Not saying they'll win, but they'll be more competitive those weeks because they matchup much better against those two squads than the Steelers.

Against SF, on D they have to be most concerned with Davis and Kendall Hunter. Gore is a quick and tough inside runner, but the Jets do well against those backs. Smith can hurt them with his legs, but he doesn't exactly strike fear through the air unless he's looking for Davis.

The Jets will mix it up on offense against that 9ers D. Expect a lot of Tebow that day.

Against HOU, there's only one threat to be concerned about (Johnson) and Revis has already shut him down twice. Foster & Tate will get yards, and they have to watch Daniels, but this is a better Jets defense than the one that got up big on HTown before a late rally in 2010. Admittedly, not sure how they are going to move the ball effectively against that Texans defense. But after the extra Tebow the week earlier, they will be on their heels when they see #15 come in.

Sparano will have to make his money in those two games. But for some strange reason, I'm fairly confident the Jets will win one of those two games, regardless of what happens in Miami. It's all about matchups, and the matchups in those two games are much more favorable for the Jets than Pitt was.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked you this in a prior thread. How many winning teams have the pats beat in the last twenty months?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriots were 0-2 against .500+ teams in the regular season but made it to the SB.

Giants were 1-4 against .500+ teams in the regular season and won the SB.

Not sure what the OP is sniveling about.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we had beaten Pitt they'd be 0-2 and people would be saying the Jets haven't proven anything yet because they beat 2 opponents with a combined 1-3 record.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    I asked you this in a prior thread. How many winning teams have the pats beat in the last twenty months?
    Just off the top of my head, 4 games ago, they knocked off the Ravens to win another AFC Championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    rex built this team around the defense. i think the plan was to be able to hold teams to 10 points or less and figured the offense would be able to score at least 10 points or more to win games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    If we had beaten Pitt they'd be 0-2 and people would be saying the Jets haven't proven anything yet because they beat 2 opponents with a combined 1-3 record.
    Exactly...there is no trend here whatsoever, people keep mentioning this silly stat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex built this team around the defense. i think the plan was to be able to hold teams to 10 points or less and figured the offense would be able to score at least 10 points or more to win games.
    I thought you also said allowing Pittsburgh 27 points and 6-10 minute drives wasn't why we lost on Sunday.

LOL