Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: When will the Jets beat a winning team?

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Well, technically, if the Jets had beaten the Steelers that wouldn't have been a win over a winning team because they wouldve been 0-2.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex built this team around the defense. i think the plan was to be able to hold teams to 10 points or less and figured the offense would be able to score at least 10 points or more to win games.
    Against the Pats, Steelers, SD this cant be the theory.

    last year gave up , on average over 20 points a game. Think about the Dallas game as an example.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Just off the top of my head, 4 games ago, they knocked off the Ravens to win another AFC Championship.
    so...one?

    wow.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    so...one?

    wow.
    Seriously?

    The Jets haven't even won an outright AFCE championship since 1998, and you want to crap all over what the Pats have accomplished?

    Go drink some green kool aid with RamRod and sg3.

  5. #25
    If the Bills beat the Browns, they're 2-1. There ya go...

    Will have some chances with Texans, Niners, and Pats coming up. Will not be favored in any of those games though.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seriously?

    The Jets haven't even won an outright AFCE championship since 1998, and you want to crap all over what the Pats have accomplished?

    Go drink some green kool aid with RamRod and sg3.
    You keep bringing it up. In several threads. First you said over two years. Then, when I helped you recall a specific date 20 months ago, you've changed your tag line to "20 months." I'm just not sure how unimpressive it really is and would like you to do some research.

    There's blue kool aid, too, you know.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    If the media wants to ask Rex a meaningful question, I would think there is nothing wrong with it.
    Are the Bills going over .500 this year? I say no
    Miami? No

    We lost to the Steelers & now haven't beaten a team that ended or will end with a winning record for 18 games straight.
    49ers
    Texans
    Pats
    All coming up. Listen, I like Rex, I think he's a good DC, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut now & then. Look around the league & you see upsets (Cards over Pats) but where does this guys bravado come from?
    Since the beginning of last year it's certainly not from this teams performances.
    I'm keeping the faith but if he can't upset at least 1 of these teams coming up with 2 of these games at home, he really does need to STFU & start doing a better job at coaching this ENTIRE team & instilling some confidence because from last September to now it's all coming out as FALSE BRAVADO!
    I think we'll beat the Texans this season. For whatever reason whenever they have met each other during the regular season, the Texans just seem to be a bad matchup against the Jets. Granted, we haven't played them since 2010 and a lot of things can change during that time, but I do not see this changing. Everything that the Jets do well seems to bother the Texans more than it does other teams. In the past, we've owned the LOS against the Texans. Just a bad matchup for what I consider to be a finesse team on offense.

    I also believe we'll take one from the Patsies also this season. Their division foes and they always play each other tough. It's also for that reason that I wouldn't put much stock into beating them. Each team knows each other so well that you really shouldn't ever be surprised by the outcome.

    For me, it's still all about the 2011 offseason. They had to make a lot of tough decisions on players to hold on to/let go. Unfortunately, it seems that they failed on every one of those decisions. It has not only cost this team on the field but also in regards to leadership. Jenkins retired, Woody retired, Richardson retired, and the other decisions that the team made in regards to one player over another all backfired. It's going to take probably another offseason involving a good draft and FA to improve the team overall.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    You keep bringing it up. In several threads. First you said over two years. Then, when I helped you recall a specific date 20 months ago, you've changed your tag line to "20 months." I'm just not sure how unimpressive it really is and would like you to do some research.

    There's blue kool aid, too, you know.
    I don't have to do any research.

    All I know is this:

    Over the last 10 years in the NFL (including most recently last year), the Pats have won more games, more division championships, more playoff games, more conference championships and more Super Bowl's than any team in the NFL.

    Yea, the blue kool aid taste great.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think we'll beat the Texans this season. For whatever reason whenever they have met each other during the regular season, the Texans just seem to be a bad matchup against the Jets. Granted, we haven't played them since 2010 and a lot of things can change during that time, but I do not see this changing. Everything that the Jets do well seems to bother the Texans more than it does other teams. In the past, we've owned the LOS against the Texans. Just a bad matchup for what I consider to be a finesse team on offense.
    Well aside from the fact that the Texans had the 32nd ranked D in 2010 and now have a D that is probably top 3 in the league, nothing has changed at all!

    Finesse teams also aren't 6th in the league in rushing, the Texans are a ground-based attack. Go back to your nap, we'll wake you in 2014 and you can break down matchups for us.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I don't have to do any research.

    All I know is this:

    Over the last 10 years in the NFL (including most recently last year), the Pats have won more games, more division championships, more playoff games, more conference championships and more Super Bowl's than any team in the NFL.

    Yea, the blue kool aid taste great.
    10 years/20 months... I wish you'd make up your mind on what the yard stick is.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Funny how a Jets fan asks a very significant question and your reply is to dump the thread.

    And BTW, the mighty Bills were a 6-10 football team last year.

    It's been over 20 months since the Jets beat a good team with a winning record.
    I guess the last team we beat with a winning record was the Pats. How ironic.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    10 years/20 months... I wish you'd make up your mind on what the yard stick is.
    The yardstick is sustained greatness over time.

    If the Jets accomplish 1/10th of what the Patriots have done, the green jizz would create the worlds biggest tsunami.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The yardstick is sustained greatness over time.

    If the Jets accomplish 1/10th of what the Patriots have done, the green jizz would create the worlds biggest tsunami.
    More hyperbole.

    They've accomplished 1/3, and you're here to ride the green wave, I guess.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Well aside from the fact that the Texans had the 32nd ranked D in 2010 and now have a D that is probably top 3 in the league, nothing has changed at all!

    Finesse teams also aren't 6th in the league in rushing, the Texans are a ground-based attack. Go back to your nap, we'll wake you in 2014 and you can break down matchups for us.
    Well, I guess we'll see when they play Texans fan!

    Like I said, they haven't faced each other since 2010 and things can change during that time. But with that said, the Texans QB in 2009 had a BETTER year statistically in 2009 than Tom Brady. Look it up if you care to. They also had a productive running game in that season.

    The Jets faced them on opening day. Sanchez's FIRST game as a pro and they owned the Texans. Their offense scored ZIPPO against our defense. Their only points was on a Sanchez pick 6.

    Fast forward to 2010, they still had the same QB and RB for their team and the Jets still beat them, albeit in a much closer game.

    They've also now lost Mario Williams their leading sacker during those years. And HTF do YOU know that their defense is probably top 3? They faced the Miami Dolphins and the Jacksonville Jaguars for crying out loud?! They both had very green and inexperienced QB's. F*ckin' ay, the Patriots defese would've looked good facing those offenses. Sorry, but I'll go with facts against teams better than sure fire top ten pick teams.

    Rex Ryan had the number 1 ranked defense in 2009, his first season as the Jets HC. The Jets haven't been the number 1 defense since with better players IMO. Last season just also happens to be Wade Phillips FIRST season as DC for the Texans. It takes a while for opposing offenses to figure out what bothers good defense, but they find a way. I'd bet they won't be number 1 this season.

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    More hyperbole.

    They've accomplished 1/3, and you're here to ride the green wave, I guess.
    Please explain the 1/3.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Please explain the 1/3.
    No. Look it up.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I guess the last team we beat with a winning record was the Pats. How ironic that many kool aid drinkers think this is an accomplishment worthy of calling the JETS a good organization.
    fixed.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us