Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Some Internet Guy at CNN Sees Republicans

How Some Internet Guy at CNN Sees Republicans

A comment posted to a Commentary (by a Sihk) on Right-Wing Hate in america.

Hate can be found in all groups, but let’s face it folks, the majority of the bigotry and hate within the U.S. is coming from the Republican Party, which is primarily about ‘Greed, Bigotry, and Hate, and they WELCOME (either silently, vocally, etc) these hate filled people. They focus on giving more wealth to the 1% rich to the detriment of the 99% of Americans (ie. middle class, women, children, veterans, seniors, etc.), and the GOP is a haven for, RAMPANT with, Bigots (racists, anti-women, anti-gay, anti-senior, anti-immigrant, anti-religious freedom, etc.). Many Republicans are so ignorant they would foolishly vote against their own and their families interests, see the U.S. destroyed - cut off their arms, vote with the 1% wealthy who are pushing them from middle class to poor, etc. - as long as their vote and actions reflects they are clinging to their ignorance, bigotry, and hate - their SICK pathetic definition of being a Patriot and proud American. Oh, and let‘s not forget that many of these people ‘claim‘ to be religious . . . . . . This bigotry and hatred is often taught at home or they are recruited through a hate group, and they become Domestic Terrorists. If you want the U.S. to move forward in a positive and successful way, stop welcoming these Bigots and DON'T vote for Republicans, who are on a mission to destroy the U.S. with their obstructionism, greed, bigotry, and hate . . . . and if you continue to vote for the GOP, you will have no one to blame but YOURSELF, when they drag down the U.S. and send it over the cliff.
    I wonder how many of our Liberals would agree with this, or have said just as much (or similar0 themselves over the years...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What? As a young Republican growing up at home, I too was recruited into a Hate Group, although we didn't call it that. We got to wear uniforms and badges and talk about things that made us angry, like the fact that my friend's mailman was black. Also, I suspected my cousin's cat was a homosexual, so I killed it to put it out of its misery. Best years of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I wonder how many of our Liberals would agree with this, or have said just as much (or similar0 themselves over the years...
    If I try hard enough, Im sure it will be no problem to find a commentary (by a christian or jew) that will make claims about DEMOCRATS that is just as ridiculous and vicious as those made in this post.

And i am 100% certain Warfish will be the first one to post such a commentary and ask how many of our conservatives would agree with this or have said just as much over the years

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If I try hard enough, Im sure it will be no problem to find a commentary (by a christian or jew) that will make claims about DEMOCRATS that is just as ridiculous and vicious as those made in this post.
    By all means, do it. It's important to understand what even the fringe on the other side thinks.

With that said, I don't believe the OP comment represents a fringe.

I think it represents guys like you Ken.

Tell me, where do you materially disagree (specificly) with the comment in the OP?

That would be a great place for us to start, to see where a mainstream (D) such as yourself disagrees with a fringe (D) such as this commenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    What? As a young Republican growing up at home, I too was recruited into a Hate Group, although we didn't call it that. We got to wear uniforms and badges and talk about things that made us angry, like the fact that my friend's mailman was black. Also, I suspected my cousin's cat was a homosexual, so I killed it to put it out of its misery. Best years of my life.
    Ah, my Republican youth. It was just kid stuff, we didn't kill any one, we just burned a few houses down (blacks lived there) and a Chinese guy's laundry. Wait, actually we did kill a Jewish fellow after Bible study once but only because of how much we hated his kind, not because he was so bad or anything.

Then I got a job at Goldman Sachs and developed a taste for male prostitutes because I lost interest in my trophy wife.

Right about then I was splattered on to some faded Star Wars sheets, having been nothing but a wet dream of a "progressive" idiot.

Jets Insider VIP

We gonna start posting YouTube comments here as well?

Here's a comment I gleaned from a FOX news story:

Obama should die in a plane crash. That stupid n*gger is the worst thing to ever happen to this country.
    What say you? Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    We gonna start posting YouTube comments here as well?

Here's a comment I gleaned from a FOX news story:

What say you? Do you agree?
    No. I disagree 100%. And my posting history will reflect that 100%.

See how easy that is?

Care for me to run a search here at JI on "Republicans" and "Racism" and "sexism" and "Homophobic" and "Bigot" and see what comes up?

I am sure Ken will tell us where he disagrees with the commenter, thus showing that the commentor is indeed fringe, and not mainstream like Ken.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am sure Ken will tell us where he disagrees with the commenter, thus showing that the commentor is indeed fringe, and not mainstream like Ken.
    Sure.

Everything that guy said is 100% true. Sucks.

Tell me, where do you materially disagree (specificly) with the comment in the OP?
    Hate can be found in all groups, but let’s face it folks, the majority of the bigotry and hate within the U.S. is coming from the Republican Party, which is primarily about ‘Greed, Bigotry, and Hate, and they WELCOME (either silently, vocally, etc) these hate filled people. They focus on giving more wealth to the 1% rich to the detriment of the 99% of Americans (ie. middle class, women, children, veterans, seniors, etc.), and the GOP is a haven for, RAMPANT with, Bigots (racists, anti-women, anti-gay, anti-senior, anti-immigrant, anti-religious freedom, etc.). Many Republicans are so ignorant they would foolishly vote against their own and their families interests, see the U.S. destroyed - cut off their arms, vote with the 1% wealthy who are pushing them from middle class to poor, etc. - as long as their vote and actions reflects they are clinging to their ignorance, bigotry, and hate - their SICK pathetic definition of being a Patriot and proud American. Oh, and let‘s not forget that many of these people ‘claim‘ to be religious . . . . . . This bigotry and hatred is often taught at home or they are recruited through a hate group, and they become Domestic Terrorists. If you want the U.S. to move forward in a positive and successful way, stop welcoming these Bigots and DON'T vote for Republicans, who are on a mission to destroy the U.S. with their obstructionism, greed, bigotry, and hate . . . . and if you continue to vote for the GOP, you will have no one to blame but YOURSELF, when they drag down the U.S. and send it over the cliff.
    I disagree with the bold print.
    I do believe most Republicans are good people who wish to see the best for the USA. Its just that their vision of how to get America to succeed is fundamentally wrong.
    Last edited by kennyo7; 09-19-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I disagree with the bold print.
    I do believe most Republicans are good people who wish to see the best for the USA. Its just that their vision of how to get America to succeed is fundamentally wrong.
    Interesting opinion considering that by agreeing with even the unbolded portion, you clearly displayed that you don't even remotely understand what that vision is, or what it derives from.

More standard issue nonsense. You know, there actually was a time once where people put themselves in a better position to debate by actually taking the effort to understand differing viewpoints.

Like everything these days, it just comes down to sheer laziness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato
    Like everything these days, it just comes down to sheer laziness.
    Lazy. Like in quoting Internet comments to start a thread.

Stormfront.com represents what the Republican party stands for. I read it on the Internet.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Interesting opinion considering that by agreeing with even the unbolded portion, you clearly displayed that you don't even remotely understand what that vision is, or what it derives from.

More standard issue nonsense. You know, there actually was a time once where people put themselves in a better position to debate by actually taking the effort to understand differing viewpoints.

Like everything these days, it just comes down to sheer laziness
    You see, youve taken the first step, admitting your faults is always the first

And i am 100% certain Warfish will be the first one to post such a commentary and ask how many of our conservatives would agree with this or have said just as much over the years
    You're anti-Semitic... It's so blatantly obvious... To top it off, you indignantly attempt to pass yourself off as an intellectual... You're no different than the backward Republicans you loathe so much...

Jets Insider VIP
    I love watching otherwise intelligent people argue over the "merits" of their political ideology. Has a very religious zealot feel. Given the views of some of those same posters with regards to the latter, that just makes the lulz that much more loltastic.

FYI, both parties suck. And any member of any party that votes more or less lock-step with it is full of even more sucktitude.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Ah, my Republican youth. It was just kid stuff, we didn't kill any one, we just burned a few houses down (blacks lived there) and a Chinese guy's laundry. Wait, actually we did kill a Jewish fellow after Bible study once but only because of how much we hated his kind, not because he was so bad or anything.

Then I got a job at Goldman Sachs and developed a taste for male prostitutes because I lost interest in my trophy wife.

Jets Insider VIP
    You see, youve taken the first step, admitting your faults is always the first
    Wow. The "I know you are but what am I" response.

Wow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lazy. Like in quoting Internet comments to start a thread.

Stormfront.com represents what the Republican party stands for. I read it on the Internet.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    It's a curious thread for sure.

Perhaps our friend Warfish is just being purposely outrageous to elicit a response... what do you call that? Trolling? I ask you specifically for your expertise in this area.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think people to the far side of either extreme, like the quoted in the OP and the guy/gal behind PK's YouTube comment (reminded me of that scene in Borat) are just literally stupid. Just plain old, run-of-the-mill dumb. To see everything as black and white, to see those that you align with as always 100% right, and those that you oppose as always 100% wrong, requires that you don't have the ability to reason, to think beyond the surface, to form complex opinions on the issues based on multi-faceted information. These people are left to the gang mentality, parroting messages that they hear, and when they want to 'add' something to the discussion, they just get louder, use stronger language, go over the top - because that's literally all they got, they can't add to, expand on or offer their own twist on the initial idea. And they fail on both sides - which side they happen to fall on is, I think, more a product of their environment than anything else.

Jets Insider VIP

lol - that sounds like some posts here by the some of the usual suspects....

Jets Insider VIP
    good times!