Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins-Jets trivia quiz

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Dolphins-Jets trivia quiz

Let's not post any spoilers until this has been up a couple hours or gets to a second page

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...ost.triviaquiz

Jets Insider VIP
    Got 9

Missed #3

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Got a B, would be stoked to score that in 10th grade history.

You got 100% correct.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Got 9

Missed #3

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT ONE??????

That was a great day. I was cursing The CHin for hours. God I hate that man.

Missed #2! 90%

Jets Insider VIP
    Got #4 and #10 wrong...

Who threw six interceptions against the Dolphins in a 43-0 Miami victory on Oct. 19, 1975?

Joe Namath!

Wow...I'd somehow forgotten that...Brings some perspective to events playing out today. Haven't seen Sanchez do that yet.

All Pro
    Got 9, but I had a lucky guess or 2. I had no idea where marty went to college.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Got them all correct except #10. I had it narrowed down to 2 schools and chose the wrong one.

Hall Of Fame
    Got #6 wrong b.c I thought it was a trick question.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex Ryan admits ‘I never liked’ new Jets’ OC Tony Sparano
    by Brian Biggane
    The relationship between Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano was never warm over the past three years when the two butted heads as coaches of the New York Jets and Dolphins, respectively, so eyebrows were raised when Ryan hired Sparano during the offseason as his offensive coordinator following the departure of Brian Schottenheimer.

Asked during a conference call Wednesday if there might be some irony in that hire, Ryan didn’t disagree.

“It’s funny, because I never liked him,” Ryan replied. “It was the same way. I always looked at him, ‘Shoot, this guy.’ My biggest thing is, he thought he was tougher than me. He thought his team was tougher than mine, and I thought mine was tougher than his, and I thought I was tougher than him.

“But one thing I always did was I respected him. I recognize him being an outstanding football coach and his teams played hard. You could tell he was passionate about the game. That was why it was easy for me when we had a job open, that’s the first guy I went to.”
    Ryan said Sparano coming back to South Florida reminds him of when he returned to Baltimore, where he had served nearly a decade as an assistant coach.

“I know how special it is, because you’ve got a lot of people … those players, you know, he cares about them a great deal. Without question. Without question. And he’s got great memories from coaching there, and people in the organization, and all that.

“There’s probably some people in the organization he doesn’t care for. I could tell you this: I know how special it is, going back and competing. The players mainly, the people who really care about, the guys who have bled for you and all that. Because that’s what it’s all about.”

Asked jokingly if he might send Sparano out for the coin toss, Ryan laughed and said, “No, I don’t think we’ll do that this time. But we’ll see. That would be a first.”

Ryan touched on several other subjects on the call, including:

– Asked if he will ratchet up the pass rush against rookie Ryan Tannehill, he replied: “If he was a regular rookie that would definitely be a true statement. But this young man knows the offense, he’s been in that system, so you can tell he’s comfortable. He doesn’t look like a rookie back there. A lot of rookies have that deer in the headlights look; he doesn’t have that. He seems very confident in what he’s doing right now.”

– On the status of cornerback Darrelle Revis, who missed last game with a concussion: “Well, he’s been cleared to practice. He hasn’t been cleared for contact yet but he’s been cleared to practice.”

– On the Dolphins’ play to this point of the season: “When you look at it with how Miami’s played, this is the thing that really jumps out at me because they’re playing extremely well running the football and this is a team that clearly wants to run the football and stop the run on defense and they’re doing a tremendous job of that.

“They’ve played against two of the better running teams in the league in Houston and Oakland and right now they’re fourth in the league in run defense and first in rushing average at a 2.2 per carry. That just blows you away, and being able to run the football they’re second in rushing and third in per attempt at 5.5, so those are things that jump out at me.”

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT ONE??????

That was a great day. I was cursing The CHin for hours. God I hate that man.

Missed #2! 90%
    HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT ONE???????

I suck.

9 out of 10. Missed on no. 2. I thought one was a trick question...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Rex Ryan admits ‘I never liked’ new Jets’ OC Tony Sparano
    by Brian Biggane
    The relationship between Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano was never warm over the past three years when the two butted heads as coaches of the New York Jets and Dolphins, respectively, so eyebrows were raised when Ryan hired Sparano during the offseason as his offensive coordinator following the departure of Brian Schottenheimer.

Asked during a conference call Wednesday if there might be some irony in that hire, Ryan didn’t disagree.

“It’s funny, because I never liked him,” Ryan replied. “It was the same way. I always looked at him, ‘Shoot, this guy.’ My biggest thing is, he thought he was tougher than me. He thought his team was tougher than mine, and I thought mine was tougher than his, and I thought I was tougher than him.

“But one thing I always did was I respected him. I recognize him being an outstanding football coach and his teams played hard. You could tell he was passionate about the game. That was why it was easy for me when we had a job open, that’s the first guy I went to.”
    Ryan said Sparano coming back to South Florida reminds him of when he returned to Baltimore, where he had served nearly a decade as an assistant coach.

“I know how special it is, because you’ve got a lot of people … those players, you know, he cares about them a great deal. Without question. Without question. And he’s got great memories from coaching there, and people in the organization, and all that.

“There’s probably some people in the organization he doesn’t care for. I could tell you this: I know how special it is, going back and competing. The players mainly, the people who really care about, the guys who have bled for you and all that. Because that’s what it’s all about.”

Asked jokingly if he might send Sparano out for the coin toss, Ryan laughed and said, “No, I don’t think we’ll do that this time. But we’ll see. That would be a first.”

Ryan touched on several other subjects on the call, including:

– Asked if he will ratchet up the pass rush against rookie Ryan Tannehill, he replied: “If he was a regular rookie that would definitely be a true statement. But this young man knows the offense, he’s been in that system, so you can tell he’s comfortable. He doesn’t look like a rookie back there. A lot of rookies have that deer in the headlights look; he doesn’t have that. He seems very confident in what he’s doing right now.”

– On the status of cornerback Darrelle Revis, who missed last game with a concussion: “Well, he’s been cleared to practice. He hasn’t been cleared for contact yet but he’s been cleared to practice.”

– On the Dolphins’ play to this point of the season: “When you look at it with how Miami’s played, this is the thing that really jumps out at me because they’re playing extremely well running the football and this is a team that clearly wants to run the football and stop the run on defense and they’re doing a tremendous job of that.

“They’ve played against two of the better running teams in the league in Houston and Oakland and right now they’re fourth in the league in run defense and first in rushing average at a 2.2 per carry. That just blows you away, and being able to run the football they’re second in rushing and third in per attempt at 5.5, so those are things that jump out at me.”
    WOW...Rex getting all Bill Walsh about a rookie coach and his rookie QB .

Did Jordy see this? He may not believe it.

Missed two and ten... Guessed on three and got it right...

I got 100% but I did guess question #2

90%...missed #10. Wasn't sure about #2...but got it right.