Thread: TEBOW; 2 Games, 12 snaps--

All Pro

TEBOW; 2 Games, 12 snaps--

Tim Tebow - QB - Jets
    Tim Tebow has played only 12 offensive snaps through New York's first two games.
    Tebow has gained 33 yards on six carries, but has yet to attempt a pass. "When you look at this past game, we only had those three Wildcat plays, but, really, the Wildcat is a personnel grouping," coach Rex Ryan said. "And sometimes you want to go with that personnel grouping and sometimes you don't." Tebow's role will surely grow if Mark Sanchez plays anything like he did against the Steelers going forward, but he remains out of sight, out of mind for the time being in fantasy leagues.
    Thoughts?

If you, like me, chose to look at Tebow as a RB - then you have to ask yourself "When exactly are you planning to use this "weapon" you went out of your way to acquire".

The 3rd quarter last week, seem to be the ideal circumstance. Needed to get the ball moving on the ground. Sanchez was playing poorly. We were down on TOP... yet 1 run.

I don't get it. Why not? I mean, if you buy into the reason they claimed to get him for, then it begs the question.

All League
    I don't think Tebow has the blocking ability (yet) or speed to get to the outside to be a traditional RB (with Sanchez at QB)

(Then again, neither does Greene)

Jets Insider VIP
    10 too many

The Tebow package will see extended looks against the 9ers and Texans. And that's the perfect timing in my view - Jets will need the element of surprise to do damage against those defenses.

Sparano says he's got a lot in the vault as far as Tebow goes, Weeks 4 & 5 sound just right to me to bring some of that out.

All Pro
    i hope the "we'll save it for later" approach pays off. But i don't get the production vs investment here.

Veteran
    who would have thought, another Tim Tebow thread.

Tom Brady - 1200 snaps

Ryan Mallett - 0 snaps

back-up QBs don't get snaps.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post

Tom Brady - 1200 snaps

Ryan Mallett - 0 snaps

And backup members shouldn't make posts.

I don't know who's worse sometimes. The cement heads around here with 1-dimensional goggles on, or the media circus show who spin it for your guys.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    10 too many
    "What" is Sanchez 2011 interceptions?

we'll see Tebow down the stretch. ...when it counts. vs. Pats, Texans and going into the playoffs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    And backup members shouldn't make posts.

I don't know who's worse sometimes. The cement heads around here with 1-dimensional goggles on, or the media circus show who spin it for your guys.
    Solid point. Maybe you should stop creating pointless Tebow threads to continue the circus.

The "wildcat" or "read option" or whatever semblance of a professional offense you want the jets to run so Tim Tebow can get some minutes doesn't work. That's why he hasn't played. Just ask Bill Belichick when they trounced the Broncos in the playoffs last year. Have you even seen another team this season run one wildcat play so far this year? Have you seen any other team bringing a backup QB for a couple plays?

Tom Brady - 1200 snaps

Ryan Mallett - 0 snaps

Unless they give the team a better chance to win a than the 'starter'

To all these people who think Tebow should be a TE, RB, FB, long snapper, assistant coach, cheerleader...

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE CAN A) LEARN A BRAND NEW POSITION B) PLAY IT WELL AT THE NFL LEVEL C) HE WANTS TO EVEN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tebow is just a decoy and hopefully it stays that way... He shouldn't even sniff the field on Sunday...

Jets Insider VIP
    um...it's the 3rd week of the season fellows.

All Pro
    No.

Veteran
    No.
    Great contribution to the conversation in your superb thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Any other position would be an improvement over his laughably embarrassing failed attempts at NFL QB.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Thoughts?

If you, like me, chose to look at Tebow as a RB - then you have to ask yourself "When exactly are you planning to use this "weapon" you went out of your way to acquire".

The 3rd quarter last week, seem to be the ideal circumstance. Needed to get the ball moving on the ground. Sanchez was playing poorly. We were down on TOP... yet 1 run.

I don't get it. Why not? I mean, if you buy into the reason they claimed to get him for, then it begs the question.

exactly, if he can't play any other position than QB then we had no business picking him up in the first place. get his ass on the field as an option player every snap or get lost

Great contribution to the conversation in your superb thread.
    but he included the period