Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami result same as Buffalo result

Veteran

Miami result same as Buffalo result

For a few reasons:

1). It's a division game. We know them and they know us. It can't be argued that the Jets have more talent then Miami AT THIS POINT. That could change but it won't happen before Sunday. We are the better team.

2). Revis returns (hopefully). The Dolphins don't have scary receivers, so Rex and Pettine will dial up more blitzes this game to confuse the neophyte QB Tannehill. But the D will need to maintain it's run discipline to keep Bush in check.

3). The schedule. In the real world, teams peek ahead to the next opponents on the schedule. We have the #1 and #2 teams in the NFL coming to our house in the next two weeks. To a man, each Jet knows that Miami is a must win. Beat Miami and lose to SF and Houston and we're 2-3, still in contention, since no one will run away with the AFC East. But lose to Miami and the next two as well, we are on a 4 game losing streak looking forward to 2013.

4). The Sparano Factor. This is the biggest factor IMHO. To atone for last weeks debacle, and the fact that their OC is returning against his old team, the offense will be a highly functioning machine. I'm talking about 40 points, 400 yards of offense with Mark/Tim relatively clean. They want to give Sparano a game ball Sunday night.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by NoJokeJets; 09-19-2012 at 05:59 PM.

All Pro
    Dolphin fans are looking at the jets and saying buffalo stinks and pitt abused us. It just depends on what kool aid you are drinking.

Fact is, both teams are 1-1. There is no advantage. We will find out who is better on sunday. Until then, think all you want about how much better then we are then the dolphins. The fact is, we are both .500 teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dangerous game for us in the face of SF and NE. Fish have emotion in their favor as they have to rally around embattled GM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dolphin fans are looking at the jets and saying buffalo stinks and pitt abused us. It just depends on what kool aid you are drinking.

Fact is, both teams are 1-1. There is no advantage. We will find out who is better on sunday. Until then, think all you want about how much better then we are then the dolphins. The fact is, we are both .500 teams.
    You are a glass half empty fella, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Dangerous game for us in the face of SF and NE. Fish have emotion in their favor as they have to rally around embattled GM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    We don't play NE until week 6

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Any given Sunday, works both ways.

Veteran
    Last sunday Reggie Bush was a beast. Hope this won't continue, although he's my Flex at FF.

I sweat every division game. The teams know each other too well. Anything can happen.

All Pro

:/end thread

Keep on keepin it real Joe.

I'd like to see them use Gates big in this game just to prove a point. That team has made very few good moves the last 2 years. If their old HC can't take that poor D apart I will be mad. If we can't move the ball vs Richard Marshall and Chris Clemons I will not even watch the next 5 games in protest.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'd like to see them use Gates big in this game just to prove a point. That team has made very few good moves the last 2 years. If their old HC can't take that poor D apart I will be mad. If we can't move the ball vs Richard Marshall and Chris Clemons I will not even watch the next 5 games in protest.
    Who's that?

Hall Of Fame

Pretty much this.

Although I do think we are a more talented team than the Fins, that hasn't stopped them from beating us in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Who's that?
    The WR we pick up off waivers for them that they drafted in the 4th last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The WR we pick up off waivers for them that they drafted in the 4th last year.
    Ah. Thanks. I shied away from all the FA activity after the Otah "deal".

Can't just quote 1 fact and say that's it. Only 6 teams are not .500.
    How about:
    • We are 1st in the AFC east
    • holMEs' ego will want to make up for last year AND last week. He can't whine he wasn't targeted last week and he did squat with it. One overthrow and a lot of drops.
    • Sparano really wants this one after getting fired.
    • Sanchez really wants this one to show we've achieved unity since last year.
    • Rex really wants this one so we will still be #1 AFC east
    Questions:
    • Can they teach the whole D how to tackle in just one week?
    • Where the heck is this Schillians dude? I'm starting to think his injuries are just to cover the fact that he is useless.

Veteran
    Jets are infinitely more talented than the dolphins this year. They will key on the run and force tannehil to make difficult throws. I expect at least 3 ints and Reggie bush will take a beating. It wil show a lot about the poise of tannehil when he gets blitzed over and over. I doubt he will be able to keep his wits about him. Jets Offense just has to play average to jet a 10 point win.
    20-10

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Can't just quote 1 fact and say that's it. Only 6 teams are not .500.
    How about:
    • We are 1st in the AFC east
    • holMEs' ego will want to make up for last year AND last week. He can't whine he wasn't targeted last week and he did squat with it. One overthrow and a lot of drops.
    • Sparano really wants this one after getting fired.
    • Sanchez really wants this one to show we've achieved unity since last year.
    • Rex really wants this one so we will still be #1 AFC east
    Questions:
    • Can they teach the whole D how to tackle in just one week?
    • Where the heck is this Schillians dude? I'm starting to think his injuries are just to cover the fact that he is useless.
    LOL.

Good one.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They will key on the run and force tannehil to make difficult throws.
    ... Exactly ...

The kid will look like p.manning did in 1st quarter against falcons Monday night

Ljr

All Pro
    Dolphins have a one dimensional offense, and if we sell out to stop Reggie Bush we'll stop them, no doubt in my mind.

The real question is, can we score? They are best in the NFL in yards per carry allowed (facing Arian Foster and Darren McFadden) so Sanchez will have to step up. If we struggle on offense it will be a close game and the Miami heat (rest assured, we'll be in dark green and they'll be in white) might make a difference down the stretch.

At the end of the day, I think there are enough factors in our favor that we'll win. Simply put, I think our team is better and wants/needs this one more.

All Pro
    The better QB will win the game. On this sunday, that should be Mark Sanchez. I would like add this small caveat about this game. While they know us, we don't know them because of the totally new coaching staff.