Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Thank You Bush/Neocons

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I remember that happening on both sides. Seems one of us has a very selective memory, and one of us remembers it all.

    By the way, what's "my side"? We both have established histories on this site, and only one of us would be associated with one of the 2 major parties by most observers here.
    Really? Which Repubs were vocal about their objection to invading Iraq for the same reasons i gave?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Didn't your side support the overthrow of Mubarak? Gaddafi?

    How's that working out?
    No my side supported the people of Egypt and Libya who were trying to overthrow Mubarak and Gaddafi.

    You see, the difference is the revolution against those leaders was started by the people of those countries. It wasnt forced by the USA. Much different than what happened in Iraq. Not even close. Not to mention it didnt cost us trillions of dollars or thousands of USA lives to support the people of Egypt and Libya.

    Nice try though

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    And Dimowits running for office avoided Obumbles like the plague....
    Like whom?

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Really? Which Repubs were vocal about their objection to invading Iraq for the same reasons i gave?
    Reading comprehension much?

    Your contention and revision of history is that "Republicans" went to war with Iraq based on a lack of facts, but the real truth is that both parties and a majority of the people in this nation supported that war.

    As for your wayward deflection (par for the course) question, no single elected official was more vocal in their opposition to the resolution than Ron Paul (R) - Texas.

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post

    You see, the difference is the revolution against those leaders was started by the people of those countries. It wasnt forced by the USA.
    Kind of like what happened in Iran huh? Where was Obumbles?

    Surely he would support an uprising by the people against an enemy of the USA wouldn't he?

    Wouldn't he?

    Never mind, we already know the answer to that question.....

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Kind of like what happened in Iran huh? Where was Obumbles?

    Surely he would support an uprising by the people against an enemy of the USA wouldn't he?

    Wouldn't he?

    Never mind, we already know the answer to that question.....
    Do you really know what happened in Iran? I mean the details. Do ya...Do Ya.
    I doubt anyone on this site has the clearance to know what really happened.

  8. #28
    Several of these links are from 2011. Today there are many more D's lining up with the President. The other common thread is that those are mostly RED states that are avoiding the President.

    In the case of Bush, there are very few R's bringing him forth. Looks to be quite the opposite for the President

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Do you really know what happened in Iran? I mean the details. Do ya...Do Ya.
    I doubt anyone on this site has the clearance to know what really happened.
    You might be suprised.

    As it is, Ken being Pro-Islamic Regimes and Anti-Israel, and universally Pro-Obama is a non-shocker tbqh. Reading his posts when we bombed the piss out of Libya to support and protect Euro Oil interests was, I have to say, one of the most entertaining rationalization for flip-flopping I'ver read on this site.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Reading comprehension much?

    Your contention and revision of history is that "Republicans" went to war with Iraq based on a lack of facts, but the real truth is that both parties and a majority of the people in this nation supported that war.

    As for your wayward deflection (par for the course) question, no single elected official was more vocal in their opposition to the resolution than Ron Paul (R) - Texas.
    No my contention is that "repubs" went to war with Iraq despite the facts...and im not talking about WMDs. Im talking about the history of the people of Iraq (a country which by the way did not exist). Im talking about paying attention two who would take over Iraq when Saddam would fall.

    Speaking of reading comprehension....

    I asked:
    Really? Which Repubs were vocal about their objection to invading Iraq for the same reasons i gave?

    Paul objected invading Iraq but not for the reasons I gave. His foreign policy is that of general non-intervention. Has nothing to do with the reasons i have given

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You might be suprised.

    As it is, Ken being Pro-Islamic Regimes and Anti-Israel, and universally Pro-Obama is a non-shocker tbqh. Reading his posts when we bombed the piss out of Libya to support and protect Euro Oil interests was, I have to say, one of the most entertaining rationalization for flip-flopping I'ver read on this site.
    Im not universally pro-Obama, no matter how much you keep saying it.
    I disagree with "Obamacare", I disagree with his stance on Afghanistan, his inaction on the Israeli-Palestinian issue, disagree with his enforcement of the Patriot Act, hate the fact that due process has all been eliminated when dealing with "terrorists" under his watch, and disagree with his paractice of corporate welfare.

    How can you still say I am universally pro-Obama? Thats just stupid.
    Do I favor him over Romney? Absolutely

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    No my contention is that "repubs" went to war with Iraq despite the facts...and im not talking about WMDs. Im talking about the history of the people of Iraq (a country which by the way did not exist). Im talking about paying attention two who would take over Iraq when Saddam would fall.

    Speaking of reading comprehension....

    I asked:



    Paul objected invading Iraq but not for the reasons I gave. His foreign policy is that of general non-intervention. Has nothing to do with the reasons i have given
    Cool. I see you continue to ignore and deflect the fact that Democrats supported the war also.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You might be suprised.

    As it is, Ken being Pro-Islamic Regimes and Anti-Israel, and universally Pro-Obama is a non-shocker tbqh. Reading his posts when we bombed the piss out of Libya to support and protect Euro Oil interests was, I have to say, one of the most entertaining rationalization for flip-flopping I'ver read on this site.
    First, we did not "bomb the piss out of Libya"
    Secondly, how do you honestly compare our intervention in Libya to the forced regime change that put a pro-Iran govt in Iraq costing trillions of $$$ and thousands of US lives?

    Thats just silly. You are a silly child.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Cool. I see you continue to ignore and deflect the fact that Democrats supported the war also.


    Could this have helped to sway their minds?

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post

    Thats just silly. You are a silly child.
    Lol. Lamest Internet call-out ever.

    Come on guys, this my side vs. your side b.s. doesn't help anyone. As a matter of fact, its a perfect microcosm of what's wrong with politics in America as a whole. Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm watching Congress on CSPAN.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Cool. I see you continue to ignore and deflect the fact that Democrats supported the war also.
    No Ive always acknowledged that Dems supported the war.
    Ill say it again I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DEMOCRATS SUPPORTED THE WAR.

    They were dead wrong and I criticized them then as I do now.

    Now here is what you dont understand. Politics is not a team sport. I dont universally agree with everything the Dems say or do because they are Dems and i have an allegiance to anyone who may belong to that party. I dont work for the Dems nor do i receive money from them, therefore i have no other reason to support the party. There are plenty of Dems i dont particularly care for including the current president. I support most Dems because my personal political beliefs are shared by most Dems.

    Another thing that you dont quite get is that the Repubs, with a strong majority, supported going into Iraq, and still refuse to admit it was a mistake. With few exceptions, you could only name 1 out of hundreds.

    You claim you dont "belong" to either party, whatever that means.
    Name 6 Repubs and 6 Dems whose politics you agree with.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Lol. Lamest Internet call-out ever.

    Come on guys, this my side vs. your side b.s. doesn't help anyone. As a matter of fact, its a perfect microcosm of what's wrong with politics in America as a whole. Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm watching Congress on CSPAN.
    Conveniently left out the entire post and just highlighted one sentence.
    Another silly child

  18. #38
    Egypt, Lybia. The Muslim Brotherhood Obama lit the fire and it consuming the Middle East. A Dark Skinned version of Jimmy Carter! BTW Obama new in advance of Egypt and Lybia and did nothing. The blood of the diplomat is in him. His 9/11!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Egypt, Lybia. The Muslim Brotherhood Obama lit the fire and it consuming the Middle East. A Dark Skinned version of Jimmy Carter! BTW Obama new in advance of Egypt and Lybia and did nothing. The blood of the diplomat is in him. His 9/11!
    Are you suggesting then that the blood of those who died on 9/11 are on GWB because he knew ahead of time?

    Thats crazy.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Im not universally pro-Obama, no matter how much you keep saying it.
    I didn't say "universally", did I? You were, though, VERY supportive of our attacks in Libya and rather dubious they had any intentions other than "freeeeeeedom!!!!".

    I disagree with "Obamacare",
    Because it's not Socialist/Communist enough, yes, I am aware.

    I disagree with his stance on Afghanistan
    Yes, I've noticed how often you call him ou.....oh, right.

    , his inaction on the Israeli-Palestinian issue
    Meaning, specificly, his not forcing a two-state solution down Israels throat, right?


    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    disagree with his enforcement of the Patriot Act, hate the fact that due process has all been eliminated when dealing with "terrorists" under his watch
    Like the War in Afganistan (where 2/3 of our troops have died in the last 4 years, compared with the 1/3 under Bush the first 8), you say you "disagree", but you never, ever, comment on it unless prodeed (and prodded rather hard), unlike the Bush Era, you never call Obama a War Criminal (unlike the Bush Era), and your disagreemnt has no effect whatsoever on your support of Obama, which is, if not universal, unwavering.

    , and disagree with his paractice of corporate welfare
    Like Solyndra and GM?

    Or do you just mean the Banks he bailed out?

    So hard to keep track of all the special interests that have been rewarded, directly. It's funny, the claims was always that Iraq was a "War for Oil", yet there is very little evidence that shows a direct corrolary of profit increases by the Oil companies related to it. Yet our action in Libya directly protected Euro Oil flows, and the Obama era has been a non-stop rewarding of political allies and special interests, and generally speaking, you are again silent on it until prodded hard.

    Guess you're disagreement isn't very strong, is it? if it was, I'd have expected a few unprodded posts and threads on it.

    How can you still say I am universally pro-Obama? Thats just stupid.
    Addressed above. Universal is irrelevant, your support IS unwavering.

    Do I favor him over Romney? Absolutely
    Of course, because at one point or another, you've posted all the same things as that reader comment I yanked off of CNN.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us