Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank You Bush/Neocons

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Conveniently left out the entire post and just highlighted one sentence.
    Another silly child
    You're so silly. You're just so SILLY!

That sounds like a Jerry Sandusky come-on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    No Ive always acknowledged that Dems supported the war.
    Ill say it again I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DEMOCRATS SUPPORTED THE WAR.

They were dead wrong and I criticized them then as I do now.

Now here is what you dont understand. Politics is not a team sport. I dont universally agree with everything the Dems say or do because they are Dems and i have an allegiance to anyone who may belong to that party. I dont work for the Dems nor do i receive money from them, therefore i have no other reason to support the party. There are plenty of Dems i dont particularly care for including the current president. I support most Dems because my personal political beliefs are shared by most Dems.

Another thing that you dont quite get is that the Repubs, with a strong majority, supported going into Iraq, and still refuse to admit it was a mistake. With few exceptions, you could only name 1 out of hundreds.

You claim you dont "belong" to either party, whatever that means.
    Name 6 Repubs and 6 Dems whose politics you agree with.
    It is mind boggling how often you contradict yourself. YOU made this about party. No one else. Hell, don't look any further past the title of the thread to see this.

The only lack of understanding here is on your part. You've clearly displayed in the "CNN Poster" thread (and countless others) that you are unwilling and/or unable to understand the underlying reasons for opinions that differ from yours. You seem to believe that occasional disagreement from your obvious preference in party makes you immune from bias in a majority of the rest. But you words tell a different story by any objective measure.

You're a party shill. And you always will be until you take some time to actual understand viewpoints other than your own. Only then will you be able to have an adult conversation about politics.

There is blame to go around for the wars, and both sides have culpability. But the Cheney/Bush Administration drove the bus. period. To say anything else would be to be intellectually dishonest and historically inaccurate. They sold the country, and congress, on a narrative. They worked the Sunday shows, gave the speeches, appeared before congress and addressed the nation.

None of that absolves the congressmen who jumped on the bus and voted for the war. But to reinvent history to pretend that a congressman from Walla Walla, WA was equally responsible as the administration that did all of the above is simply more partisan garbage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    There is blame to go around for the wars, and both sides have culpability. But the Cheney/Bush Administration drove the bus. period. To say anything else would be to be intellectually dishonest and historically inaccurate. They sold the country, and congress, on a narrative. They worked the Sunday shows, gave the speeches, appeared before congress and addressed the nation.

None of that absolves the congressmen who jumped on the bus and voted for the war. But to reinvent history to pretend that a congressman from Walla Walla, WA was equally responsible as the administration that did all of the above is simply more partisan garbage.
    Rich irony. Chock full of it. I don't even see a reason to continue.