Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injured Jet Watches Team From Sports Bar

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Injured Jet Watches Team From Sports Bar

I did not see this posted anywhere and thought many of you might find it interesting.

My take it looks bad, but in the end he is an adult and can do whatever he pleases. All I know is that if I call in sick to work and then get caught in a bar I would expect to catch all kinds of HE!! from my bosses the next day.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...a_bar/11752939

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    M'eh. I think I'm ok with it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

"The injured shut down corner was reportedly nursing his concussion on his own little Revis "Tropical Island" with multiple Patron and grapefruits on the rocks."

Are you f-ing kidding me? "Concussion"? Nope. "No long-term contract, no play Sunday".

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop comparing a professional football player to a 9 to 5 assembly line worker at GM.

There are 64 starting CB positions in the NFL. There are 5000 assembly line positions.

It's different. It just is.

Jets management/doctors told Revis to stay home. He didn't bang out sick dude!
    Last edited by NoJokeJets; 09-19-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

"The injured shut down corner was reportedly nursing his concussion on his own little Revis "Tropical Island" with multiple Patron and grapefruits on the rocks."

Are you f-ing kidding me? "Concussion"? Nope. "No long-term contract, no play Sunday".

SAR I
    Getting a reputation as a soft player isn't going to help him, and he knows it. I'd say more likely, he feels fine, and is just waiting for the League to tell him he feels fine, so he can suit up and eat some fish this weekend.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Stop comparing a professional football player with a 9 to 5 assembly line worker at GM.

There are 64 starting CB positions in the NFL. There are 5000 assembly line positions.

It's different. It just is.

Jets management/doctors told Revis to stay home. He didn't bang out sick dude!
    He's still a professional and professionals shouldn't act that way. Going to a loud sports bar and drinking cocktails doesn't exactly scream professional but of course according to you I am comparable to an assembly line worker at GM that wouldn't understand the importance of being one of only 64 starting CB's in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad Revis is on our team. But after he faked "dizzy spells" a few years back in training camp to get out of practice (it was the infamous contract renegotiation year), I never liked, or respected, the guy. Phenomenally talented player, but an even bigger douche.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis wasn't cleared to play by the league. He probably felt fine though, NFL is super strict now with their concussion policies.

He's probably not the only guy rooting for the Jets who had a few drinks as they watched the team play miserably

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also puzzled by why the initial poster would title the thread "injured Jet" instead of "Revis." Everyone clicking the thread is going to think it's some no-name scrub...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis being Revis.

Great player, but the guy is a total a-hole. The reason he hasn't been cleared to play is because he doesn't want to play. He has total control over whether or not he passes the concussion tests. How is Greene cleared to play after a helmet to helmet collision after which he was seen stumbling and almost fell down on the field, yet Revis isn't cleared a week and a half after nicked him with his foot. I'm pretty sure this is all a Revis contract message. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, Revis is a jerk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    I wouldn't expect an intelligent post from you, and I was right.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I wouldn't expect an intelligent post from you, and I was right.
    The Jets paid him $750,000 to sit out and recover from a brain injury, so he pollutes his brain with alcohol.

And you're okay with that.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Jets hat would have been nice. Another sign of how its just a "business".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Revis being Revis.

Great player, but the guy is a total a-hole. The reason he hasn't been cleared to play is because he doesn't want to play. He has total control over whether or not he passes the concussion tests. How is Greene cleared to play after a helmet to helmet collision after which he was seen stumbling and almost fell down on the field, yet Revis isn't cleared a week and a half after nicked him with his foot. I'm pretty sure this is all a Revis contract message. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, Revis is a jerk.
    LOL

You have no way of knowing that.

Jesus tap dancing christ.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Jesus tap dancing christ.
    Hah? I will Catholic jihad your Jew arse.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets paid him $750,000 to sit out and recover from a brain injury, so he pollutes his brain with alcohol.

And you're okay with that.

SAR I
    Hey he isn't forcing buzzed out teens to have sex in the bathroom is he?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO at the "no contract, no play posts"

Because he decides whether he is cleared to play or not

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's me but I don't see this as a big deal unless some crazy fan from another team smashes him in the head and aggravates his concussion.

( someone with photoshop skills has to photoshop Gronk spiking the ball on his head - lol )

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely not that smartest thing to be doing.

I wonder if he was cheering for the team.

Wait till he gets injured skateboarding after we give him $100MM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    the choice to not play wasnt his. the guy is a human being. and i think hes earned the right to do what ever he dam well pleases. hes the best defensive player in the nfl and i dont remember reading anywhere that he got picked up for a dui that night. what was he supposed to sit home with his jersey on and hold a football.