Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injured Jet Watches Team From Sports Bar

so are we officially now calling this drink the revis or the 2-4.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    And you....know this.

Why take the chance physically....and why so publicly "party" while your teamates are out there battling.

Perhaps.....he knew he was fine....and is THAT arrogant.

We're throwing aroung ideas here....since its obviously confounding.
    The reason why some doctors would suggest not to drink is because if you drink too much the effects of a hangover could be confused with lingering effects of the concussion.

If Revis truly wanted to sit out and make more out of this than it is.....he could. All he has to do is say his head still hurts and suffers from blurred vision. The problem for him would be if he ever gets another concussion, his recovery time will that much longer because he still was symptomatic for so long after the first. Any advantage Revis thinks he could get by milking this is more than offset by him being labeled as having a "soft head".

I too go to networking events and alcohol is a staple at most of them. However I don't call in the next day if I go too far. I certainly wouldn't want my boss seeing me, if I was medically excused from work, at a bar.

I get it but as a previous poster commented I have had concussions too and one of the "treatments" is no alcohol. That being said according to ALL published reports Revis suffered a concussion. Now it would stand to reason that the Dr's would tell him take it easy, don't drink etc.

In a few of the high school's locally they have concussion/head injury testing that includes a pre season cognitive test taken on a computer. I have talked to several players who have intentionally scored low on the initial test knowing that if they were to get concussed during the course of the season they would expect to be able to pass the test.

That being said Revis MAY be playing it the other way. Saying things like I feel light headed/dizzy when I get out of bed or workout. I still have a really intense headache whatever the case may be. What his motivation might be I don't know. $$$

The smart thing to do in this case is to STAY HOME! Don't draw this kind of attention to yourself what good could come of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hes our best player. best defensive player in the nfl and we find a way to somehow bash him. simply amazing fellas.
    Didn't have to look too hard for this it was on my newsfeed for MSN. And as far as bashing him...well try not to make it so easy Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

OMG! Call the NFL office & don't stop calling until you get Roger Godell on the line! A NY Jet player on a scheduled day off in a sports bar having a drink? The Jets are imploding before your very eyes, don't just sit there reading this post, Do Something!

SMH.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Revis being Revis.

Great player, but the guy is a total a-hole. The reason he hasn't been cleared to play is because he doesn't want to play. He has total control over whether or not he passes the concussion tests. How is Greene cleared to play after a helmet to helmet collision after which he was seen stumbling and almost fell down on the field, yet Revis isn't cleared a week and a half after nicked him with his foot. I'm pretty sure this is all a Revis contract message. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, Revis is a jerk.
    LOL. End the stupidity already.

Recovering from a concussion and passing the tests doesn't make you instantly ready to strap on a helmet and take more hits like a human torpedo on a football field.

Revis' line of work involves high speed violent collisions. That needs to be taken into consideration before he's allowed back to work.

It's not just about healing the first injury, but about healing enough to withstand more hits and avoid a second injury.

Maybe if Darrelle was a kicker, punter, or possibly a QB, he'd be cleared much sooner.

Also, you can't compare Greene's hit to Revis' ... or anybody else's.

Revis essentially got kicked in the head by a horse. His head got slammed forward and the dynamics were such a concussion resulted.

That doesn't mean every helmet hit on the field should have the same results.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    LOL. Dont forget to "pop your colla" and call the bartender "shawty" when u order.

Bruce would just take a prilosec otc.
    I am hardcore allready with the zantac

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    OMG! Call the NFL office & don't stop calling until you get Roger Godell on the line! A NY Jet player on a scheduled day off in a sports bar having a drink? The Jets are imploding before your very eyes, don't just sit there reading this post, Do Something!
    Why it's wrong as a human being: Alcohol is a drug.

Why it's wrong as a role model: Alcohol is a drug, kids look up to him..

Why it's wrong as an employee: Alcohol consumption when on a sick day inappropriate.

Why it's wrong as an athlete during the season: Alcohol affects muscle tissue.

Why it's wrong during a concussion: Can make symptoms worse, can impede the healing process.

Why it's wrong for Darrelle Revis: Team leader, contract year, team playing badly, not cleared for Miami, bonehead move.

SAR I

Veteran

SMH.
    However you feel about alcohol/loud noises being a remedy for concussions, this is hardly a " scheduled day off" for Revis. He is purportedly suffering from concussions symptoms while he is watching the game that he is getting paid (what... 750K approximately ? ) to play over drinks in a Manhattan sports bar. At the very least it is unusual behavior for someone who has held out twice out of training camp and as recently as this July publicly threatened to hold out again.

Players are allowed personal lives but does common sense come into play at any point ?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Revis wasn't cleared to play by the league. He probably felt fine though, NFL is super strict now with their concussion policies.

He's probably not the only guy rooting for the Jets who had a few drinks as they watched the team play miserably
    x1000000

All League
    hes our best player. best defensive player in the nfl and we find a way to somehow bash him. simply amazing fellas.
    This is 100% standard for JetsInsider posters. Complain that the Jets never draft elite playmakers and when they finally get one, complain that the player expects to be paid like an elite playmaker.

i still havent seen one picture of him drinking anything. this place is the judge jury and firing squad all in one.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

SMH.
    Scheduled day off?

C'mon Limo.

-

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Revis wasn't cleared to play by the league. He probably felt fine though, NFL is super strict now with their concussion policies.

He's probably not the only guy rooting for the Jets who had a few drinks as they watched the team play miserably
    That game was enough to make anyone drink.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    This is 100% standard for JetsInsider posters. Complain that the Jets never draft elite playmakers and when they finally get one, complain that the player expects to be paid like an elite playmaker.
    i noticed that. cant wait to hear revis side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why it's wrong as a human being: Alcohol is a drug.

Why it's wrong as a role model: Alcohol is a drug, kids look up to him..

Why it's wrong as an employee: Alcohol consumption when on a sick day inappropriate.

Why it's wrong as an athlete during the season: Alcohol affects muscle tissue.

Why it's wrong during a concussion: Can make symptoms worse, can impede the healing process.

Why it's wrong for Darrelle Revis: Team leader, contract year, team playing badly, not cleared for Miami, bonehead move.

SAR I
    I totally agree with all of these points. Nothing good comes from consuming alcohol if you're a pro athlete. It effects performance, recovery times, etc. Stay off the sauce until the season is over...won't happen but if the players wanted to get the most out of themselves they wouldn't drink.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets paid him $750,000 to sit out and recover from a brain injury, so he pollutes his brain with alcohol.

And you're okay with that.

SAR I
    Rex and Woody will back him...ya know, players coach and all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The reason why some doctors would suggest not to drink is because if you drink too much the effects of a hangover could be confused with lingering effects of the concussion.

If Revis truly wanted to sit out and make more out of this than it is.....he could. All he has to do is say his head still hurts and suffers from blurred vision. The problem for him would be if he ever gets another concussion, his recovery time will that much longer because he still was symptomatic for so long after the first. Any advantage Revis thinks he could get by milking this is more than offset by him being labeled as having a "soft head".
    Do we even know if he was drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Do we even know if he was drinking?
    ive been asking that. theres no proof other than the national inquirer like website posting the pic.

Jets Insider VIP
    ive been asking that. theres no proof other than the national inquirer like website posting the pic.
    reminds me of Michael Jordan in the 90's went to AC during the playoffs. Sports radio was a BUZZ......

then someone called in and said he was drinking water and was offered bar food and turned it down and got salad with fish etc...

We simply don't know.