Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iOS6 is out

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I know it's kind of bizarre. However phones (at least for me) are basically media consumption/texting/email devices at this point. I don't make a lot of calls and I despise having two devices (would never get an iPad). It would be pretty sweet to have a phone that's comfortable to watch a movie on. Not to mention it has some sweet features if you check out the video on their website. One of my favorites is you can do multiple screens so say.. watch a tv episode at the top while you surf the JI funny pics thread.
    I never use the phone for cals...you know, because Im such a people person. On the flip side, thats all my wife uses one for. I got my wife a kindle fire, and the only app she uses it for is Words With Dooshes

(or aka 'Talking To Your Husband')

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I never use the phone for cals...you know, because Im such a people person. On the flip side, thats all my wife uses one for. I got my wife a kindle fire, and the only app she uses it for is Words With Dooshes

(or aka 'Talking To Your Husband')
    Hahahaha .. Women have hilarious usages for expensive electronics. Yeah I have a similar hatred for people. When a call comes in I just ignore it and pray a text accompanies it so I don't have to go into a phone call blind. Too dangerous.

I'm waiting to see what crappy phone I can get for free from Verizon; I wouldn't be adverse to an iPhone 4....but 8gb? common man, that's a joke. You can barely install any apps with that kind of space.

The only phone I can get for free right now...is the phone I already have.

Modz can we haz an Official Hampur "What a good phone for taking photos of my genitals/sexting/making calls?" Phone Thread?

Im in the same boat.... i was checking the verizon site and it looks like you're looking at least at 99.99 for a iphone 4S 16gb

iPhone 4S 16 GB 99.99
    iPhone 4S 32 GB 199.99
    iPhone 5 16 GB 199.99
    Samsung Gal S3 16 GB 199.99
    Samsung Gal S3 32 GB 249.99
    iPhone 4S 64 GB 299.99
    iPhone 5 32 GB 299.99
    iPhone 5 64 GB 399.99
    Last edited by Brooklyn Jet; 09-21-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I "pre-sold" my current iPhone 4 for $180 to Gazelle. Just have to ship it by Oct. 10th.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone update to 6 yet on an iPhone 4? Just curious....kinda skeptical about ditching google maps.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Jets Insider VIP
    I know this will make me look even more like a :cane_shaker: - but I was watching the news showing these losers standing online and camping out to get the new iPhone....I mean.... seriously?

I don't even think I would stand online for a new gaming system, like the Xbox 720 or PS4....

Jets Insider VIP
    I know this will make me look even more like a :cane_shaker: - but I was watching the news showing these losers standing online and camping out to get the new iPhone....I mean.... seriously?

I don't even think I would stand online for a new gaming system, like the Xbox 720 or PS4....
    Yeah. No way. Granted I feel kinda loser-ish for staying up to midnight to preorder a new iPhone but at least I was in bed by 12:15 and they sent the thing to my house via UPS today. Who has time to stand on a line???

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

For those that got the iPhone 5, some nice wallpapers. Gloves for lock screen, uniform for home screen, looks good.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yeah. No way. Granted I feel kinda loser-ish for staying up to midnight to preorder a new iPhone but at least I was in bed by 12:15 and they sent the thing to my house via UPS today. Who has time to stand on a line???
    Douchebag hipsters, and/or the unemployed

Jets Insider VIP
    Douchebag hipsters, and/or the unemployed
    Whoa! That's a LOT of ****ing people!

Jets Insider VIP
    After a day on iOS 6 I'm forming a few opinions...

1. Lots of little incremental updates to look and feel, buttons, etc. Mostly positive but may take some getting used to.
    2. Tried the Maps and turn-by-turn directions today and it worked better than I expected.
    3. "Do Not Disturb" feature seems cool, basically turning off notifications for a set period of time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Anyone update to 6 yet on an iPhone 4? Just curious....kinda skeptical about ditching google maps.

The look of maps is terrible, woefully lacking in spots. Fortunately I have TomTom, so it won't impact me with regards to directions, but I am concerned about how it works in apps like Cyclemeter. Haven't tried yet, will probably do so later today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    The look of maps is terrible, woefully lacking in spots. Fortunately I have TomTom, so it won't impact me with regards to directions, but I am concerned about how it works in apps like Cyclemeter. Haven't tried yet, will probably do so later today.
    And the irony.

TomTom helped make the new iOS Maps app.

Jets Insider VIP
    And the irony.

TomTom helped make the new iOS Maps app.
    Really? Well, they missed the boat on the top-down view, because some stuff is barely recognizable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Broke down and bought the new iphone today. Aesthetically, it's a very well designed piece of electronics. So sleek. The longer shape fits better in my hand, I think.

I "pre-sold" my current iPhone 4 for $180 to Gazelle. Just have to ship it by Oct. 10th.
    Same here. Gazelle is the way to go. Now hopefully the iPhone 5 ships within the next week or two.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Broke down and bought the new iphone today. Aesthetically, it's a very well designed piece of electronics. So sleek. The longer shape fits better in my hand, I think.
    You'll love it.

If you don't have LTE coverage in your area turn it off in Settings, will improve battery life.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Updated. Seems the same. There's a moon by the clock now. Just in case I forgot its nighttime now. Thanks Cupertino....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You'll love it.

If you don't have LTE coverage in your area turn it off in Settings, will improve battery life.

SAR I
    How do I know if I do or not?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    How do I know if I do or not?
    Instead of AT&T logo in upper left corner, will say LTE and your phone will be surfing faster than it ever has before.

Check AT&T LTE coverage map for availability. LTE is the best thing about the 5 but limited coverage right now and the phone sniffing for it every 10 seconds doesn't help. Try your phone in Manhattan on LTE you'll be blown away.

SAR I