Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iOS6 is out

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    What's the retention dept?

I'm thinking about a 5 myself.
    The dept. who takes the "I want to cancel my account" calls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Samsung eqiuivilent is a way better product for way less money

Nice to see Apple finally arriving on the market with their 4G "innovation" about 2 + years late
    I didnt want to hijack Jetmans thread, but since you have....

Whats everyones thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy S3 vs the iPhone 4/5?

I've heard the same sentiment, that if youre not married to Apple, the Samsung gives you as much or more bang for your buck.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see Apple finally arriving on the market with their 4G "innovation" about 2 + years late
    The Samsung phone doesnt sync with iCal and Mac Address Book. For a Mac user, the iPhone gives you the best synchronization.

As a freelancer, Having those things synced is more of a priority over everything else.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    I didnt want to hijack Jetmans thread, but since you have....

Whats everyones thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy S3 vs the iPhone 4/5?

I've heard the same sentiment, that if youre not married to Apple, the Samsung gives you as much or more bang for your buck.
    See my other post, Galaxy doesnt play nice with the Mac.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The Samsung "equivalent" is an excellent product, but I'm not sure it's equivalent. Samsung has taken the approach that specs are better than overall performance. Bigger screens, more memory, expandable memory (SD cards), NFC, etc are good enhancements but I prefer a tightly integrated premium product and that's why I chose the iPhone platform.

To each their own, but I like a low maintenance device that simply works and works well, that's not made of plastic and that bleeds of cutting edge engineering. The iPhone will still fit nicely in a pocket and has everything I need. I don't need to tell someone that my screen is 0.5" bigger than his.

I think iPhone is like sleek, well integrated premium product....like a Dwight Freeney in his prime! Samsung seems to take the bigger, faster specs approach but I don't think the Samsung/Android platform performs better on a daily basis for the things I use my phone for....it's like the Vernon Gholston of phones....the numbers, size and specs look great, but it doesn't get the overall job done as well iPhone for me. Again, just one man's opinion. (And I'm not an Apple fanboy...I don't and have never owned a Mac to this point)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Just freakin' awesome!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    See my other post, Galaxy doesnt play nice with the Mac.
    How about someone whois not a Mac user, but is an iTunes / iPod user/owner?

One pro I see to moving to an Iphone is I can consolidate my iPod and phone into one device, leveraging iCloud, which for travel and working out is a big benefit.

Im currently an android user, and very happy with it, but my contract is up in less than a month, so Im exploring options, and pretty obviously, Im down to the Samsung vs an iPhone - and i may not go with the 5 tbh, I dont need the latest and greatest if there's a significant financial difference.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    How about someone whois not a Mac user, but is an iTunes / iPod user/owner?

One pro I see to moving to an Iphone is I can consolidate my iPod and phone into one device, leveraging iCloud, which for travel and working out is a big benefit.

Im currently an android user, and very happy with it, but my contract is up in less than a month, so Im exploring options, and pretty obviously, Im down to the Samsung vs an iPhone - and i may not go with the 5 tbh, I dont need the latest and greatest if there's a significant financial difference.
    I love the icloud. Everything is synced with it, and it does make life easier. If you are a Windows user there is a plugin for outlook to take advantage of iCloud

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posting from the iPhone 5 now, it's incredibly fast. Lighter, thinner, too but it's the speed that blows you away right off the bat.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Posting from the iPhone 5 now, it's incredibly fast. Lighter, thinner, too but it's the speed that blows you away right off the bat.

SAR I
    Of course it's the speed. It contains an A6 processor made by...Samsung.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh. I'm bored with ios. Thinking lumia 920, htc one x+, or galaxy note 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Meh. I'm bored with ios. Thinking lumia 920, htc one x+, or galaxy note 2.
    If you do go with an HTC, make sure you get an extra or extended battery.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That applies to any phone, really. Look up every Android phone review and battery life sucks on all of them)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    That applies to any phone, really. Look up every Android phone review and battery life sucks on all of them)
    Yeah I'll be waiting on reviews.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was speaking specifically of HTC - I've had two of their phones and the battery life was particularly terrible. No complaints with the Samsung Galaxy S3, though. Just connect to wifi whenever you can and it shouldn't be a problem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I'll be waiting on reviews.
    I'm waiting to see what crappy phone I can get for free from Verizon; I wouldn't be adverse to an iPhone 4....but 8gb? common man, that's a joke. You can barely install any apps with that kind of space.

The only phone I can get for free right now...is the phone I already have.

Modz can we haz an Official Hampur "What a good phone for taking photos of my genitals/sexting/making calls?" Phone Thread?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm waiting to see what crappy phone I can get for free from Verizon; I wouldn't be adverse to an iPhone 4....but 8gb? common man, that's a joke. You can barely install any apps with that kind of space.

The only phone I can get for free right now...is the phone I already have.

Modz can we haz an Official Hampur "What a good phone for taking photos of my genitals/sexting/making calls?" Phone Thread?

If you wait a bit I bet the 4s will come down. I would go that route if you don't want the 5. The 4 feels particularly slow these days.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it's the speed. It contains an A6 processor made by...Samsung.
    Doesn't really matter at this point, it's not about the hardware anymore. All of my media, all of my apps, all of my music it all lives in iTunes doesn't matter what Apple comes out with I'm going to buy it.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you wait a bit I bet the 4s will come down. I would go that route if you don't want the 5. The 4 feels particularly slow these days.
    I've got my eye on the Droid Razr, but I dont want a phone that I can't fit in my pockets. The Note is kinda cool but wtf is it? A big phone - or small tablet?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got my eye on the Droid Razr, but I dont want a phone that I can't fit in my pockets. The Note is kinda cool but wtf is it? A big phone - or small tablet?
    I know it's kind of bizarre. However phones (at least for me) are basically media consumption/texting/email devices at this point. I don't make a lot of calls and I despise having two devices (would never get an iPad). It would be pretty sweet to have a phone that's comfortable to watch a movie on. Not to mention it has some sweet features if you check out the video on their website. One of my favorites is you can do multiple screens so say.. watch a tv episode at the top while you surf the JI funny pics thread.