Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76

Thread: iOS6 is out

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506

    iOS6 is out

    Im using a iPhone 4 and wont be upgrading until June, but so far I am not overly impressed with iOS6. I like the VIP for email, which is the same as a Smart mailbox in Mac Mail.

    Other than that, Im really not seeing a big difference.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Im using a iPhone 4 and wont be upgrading until June, but so far I am not overly impressed with iOS6. I like the VIP for email, which is the same as a Smart mailbox in Mac Mail.

    Other than that, Im really not seeing a big difference.
    WHat does it mean if i dont know what any of those things are?

    I Loser?

    EDIT: I was thinking maybe a new Internet Explorer version, but thats "ie" right?

  3. #3
    I'll wait for my 5 to show up in the mail.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I'll wait for my 5 to show up in the mail.
    I would if I was eligible, but I am not paying $600 to get it now.

    In June, I can get one for $199

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I would if I was eligible, but I am not paying $600 to get it now.

    In June, I can get one for $199
    I was due for an upgrade.
    If you fight the retention dept. hard enough you'll get whatever you want especially from AT&T.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I would if I was eligible, but I am not paying $600 to get it now.

    In June, I can get one for $199
    Thats like 55 days before the 6 shows up.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I was due for an upgrade.
    If you fight the retention dept. hard enough you'll get whatever you want especially from AT&T.
    What's the retention dept?

    I'm thinking about a 5 myself.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,287
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Other than that, Im really not seeing a big difference.
    It has a waffle maker.

    -

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    It has a waffle maker.

    -
    iOS6 is a Wafflebot?

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    iOS6 is a Wafflebot?
    The government is buying bullets, so why not.


    -

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The government is buying bullets, so why not.


    -

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    What's the retention dept?

    I'm thinking about a 5 myself.
    Mine arrives tomorrow AM at the front door. I'm not standing on no stinkin' line!

    Sent from my iPhone 7

  13. #13
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Mine arrives tomorrow AM at the front door. I'm not standing on no stinkin' line!

    Sent from my iPhone 7
    "Out For Delivery" here, should have it by 10:30.

    SAR I

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    I am waiting till the holidays. I am a little hesitant b.c it was a major redesign. Might be some kinks.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,619
    I've been reading a lot of articles about how flawed iOS 6 is, to the point where a tech writer said that Steve Jobs would have never let it out of the door in this state. It sounds like it will definitely need a patch.

    Also, I read the new Apple Maps is hot garbage, as in, it doesn't give you accurate directions.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,412

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,027

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    The Samsung eqiuivilent is a way better product for way less money

    Nice to see Apple finally arriving on the market with their 4G "innovation" about 2 + years late

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,412
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Samsung eqiuivilent is a way better product for way less money

    Nice to see Apple finally arriving on the market with their 4G "innovation" about 2 + years late
    Indeed.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII, not using Semaphore

  20. #20
    14-21 days

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us