Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest from Holmes

Veteran

Latest from Holmes

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/db_275148...tguid=iieVfBi4

That season-ending loss at Miami, where he was benched at the end of the fourth quarter, ending his year with him looking on from the sidelines? Santonio Holmes said it doesn't jog a memory.

"I don't even remember that game," Holmes said today. "Honestly."

Instead, Holmes said that when he steps foot in Sun Life Stadium he'll be looking forward to seeing his family.

That loss ended a tumultuous season for the Jets, starting an offseason in which they had to answer questions about their chemistry -- namely between Holmes and Mark Sanchez.

It led to questions about the relationship between the duo but Holmes said that all is well right now.

"We’re working great together," he said.

Earlier in the day Rex Ryan said that there miscommunication between the pair led to some of the struggles in the passing game for the Jets. Sanchez said today that when Holmes came into practice this week, he immediately went to work out the kinks with him and focus on the issues they had in Pittsburgh. The quarterback said his communication with Holmes is fine.

Holmes said all that ailed them against the Steelers is now past them.

"Pretty much past it, as of right now," Holmes said. "As a reciever and quarterback there are just somethings you talk about. When you miscommunicate throughout the game you find ways to fix it and I think that’s what we did today."

Mike Vorkunov: mvorkunov@starledger.com; Twitter: @Mike_Vorkunov

Jets Insider VIP
    Surprisingly doesn't make me want to bang my head against the wall as most Santonio articles usually do.

All Pro
    He needs to get back to playing hard, running crisp routes, and stop crying like a lil girl for the refs to bail out his lazy play. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction, only time will tell.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He needs to get back to playing hard, running crisp routes, and stop crying like a lil girl for the refs to bail out his lazy play. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction, only time will tell.
    +1 We cant have our top wideout not giving it 110% on a consistent basis and expect to have an effective offense. He has the talent, just needs to man up and go hard regardless of the situation or circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1 We cant have our top wideout not giving it 110% on a consistent basis and expect to have an effective offense. He has the talent, just needs to man up and go hard regardless of the situation or circumstances.
    The guy quits way too easy

He is playing hard......Ran a great route on that playaction which should have been TD #2 on the day if Sanchez hits a fairly easy throw

He does need to run better routes overall, but he is playing hard and Definitley wants to win.

He was actually getting mugged in Pittsburgh, and I have seen players asking for flags this season so much more for everything (Not just Holmes)

Can we ever get to the point of actually supporting our best Playmaker on offense? Yeah hes a jerkoff sometimes, but he's not THAT bad (Atleast this season), and getting him the ball a lot is good for our team........He does need to step it up, but our whole team was pretty bad against Pitt. Who can say they played great last Sunday?

He doesn't remember "because I got high, because I got high, because I got high."

Holmes needs to figure out why balls keep bouncing off him like a cheap rent Hunts Point hooker.

We wasted an entire game at Pittsburg targeting this AH almost exclusively and he did nothing. A $45 mil waste of space.

Replace him with Schilens... oh but wait, when Schilens isn't hurt he turns invisible...

Well, we can run instead... that way we can get 2 yds per play. And with Keller back we can throw in some 3 yd passes on 3rd and 12...

I just depressed myself.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    We wasted an entire game at Pittsburg targeting this AH almost exclusively and he did nothing. A $45 mil waste of space.

Replace him with Schilens... oh but wait, when Schilens isn't hurt he turns invisible...

Well, we can run instead... that way we can get 2 yds per play. And with Keller back we can throw in some 3 yd passes on 3rd and 12...

I just depressed myself.
    LOL. Our offense in a nutshell right there.

Important thing was Holmes was getting open, unfortunately he had drops. I don't expect Holmes to continue to drop the ball, he has great hands. If Holmes consistently get open like that, he will have a good year for us.

That said, he needs to step it up. At this point he is likely never going to justify his contract, but the same can be said for many players on the Jets.

Holmes really can be one of the best route runners out there, but it seems as if he only goes 100% when he knows he is the #1 option on the play. on those play-action passes ... he absolutely abuses DBs. the other times, though, half assn. that's doesn't work in the NFL.

feed Holmes the ball (assuming he holds onto it) and he is happy. when he is happy, he plays hard. not the way it should be, but that's the way it is.

And Hill needs to step up and start beating some coverage so things open up for Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Holmes really can be one of the best route runners out there, but it seems as if he only goes 100% when he knows he is the #1 option on the play. on those play-action passes ... he absolutely abuses DBs. the other times, though, half assn. that's doesn't work in the NFL.

feed Holmes the ball (assuming he holds onto it) and he is happy. when he is happy, he plays hard. not the way it should be, but that's the way it is.

And Hill needs to step up and start beating some coverage so things open up for Holmes.
    Very well said. I've watched the Panthers closely for years and this is exactly what Steve Smith was like before he matured. When he was in the game, no one DB could cover him. And he kept the chains moving. But if passes weren't coming his way, you'd see his attitude boiling up, and then when the QB finally did throw a pass his way, he'd fail to come down with it.

Like you said - right or wrong, it is what it is. Get Holmes the ball on some quick screens, slants, whatever it takes, and then when you fire the 20-yard in or the 15-yard out, Holmes comes down with it. He's a rhythm player.

If the Jets don't like it, well, that's why you don't give $50 mil to a player like that.

It would also help if he caught the ball when it hit his hands.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    He is playing hard......Ran a great route on that playaction which should have been TD #2 on the day if Sanchez hits a fairly easy throw

He does need to run better routes overall, but he is playing hard and Definitley wants to win.

He was actually getting mugged in Pittsburgh, and I have seen players asking for flags this season so much more for everything (Not just Holmes)

Can we ever get to the point of actually supporting our best Playmaker on offense? Yeah hes a jerkoff sometimes, but he's not THAT bad (Atleast this season), and getting him the ball a lot is good for our team........He does need to step it up, but our whole team was pretty bad against Pitt. Who can say they played great last Sunday?
    I havent been as down as some other posters here have been on him. But watching him run lazy routes then crying to officials to bail him out is not what we need right now.....

can we get rid of this guy yet

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    can we get rid of this guy yet
    The far two right columns answers your question.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The far two right columns answers your question.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html
    exactly $$, that you have to put on Tann and Rex ... wtf are they thinking ? Holmes is a nutjob cancer case. i'm afraid to even think about where this Revis thing is going
    Last edited by ColonelForbin; 09-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.

If by miscommunicate he means my hands miscommunicated with the ball that was hitting them he has a point, no wonder he forgets about these games so quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Holmes needs to figure out why balls keep bouncing off him like a cheap rent Hunts Point hooker.
    I don't get this reference. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Surprisingly doesn't make me want to bang my head against the wall as most Santonio articles usually do.
    i was prepared to cringe at the next Santonio comment. I was expecting something like "well you know only top 5 qbs can make the throws sanchez was forcing"