Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: CL 2012-2013

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like

    CL 2012-2013

    We are back where we belong after a 5 year hiatus, and we almost came back with a bang in old trafford last night. If the idiot German referee could've pulled his head out of his arse or our boys hit the back of the net instead of the upright on three different occasions we could've come back a sensational result but this was a moral victory if there ever was one. Our centre half was 2 years old when Scholes was playing against us in 1993, he had more CL experience than the entirety of our team combined but even with the lack of experience we held up very well.

    RD; tonight your villains and my villains are playing with each other (pun intended) in the eurouefaleguecup

    Allez l'OM

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the highlights - must make you optimistic for the season?

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draw for the next round, make your picks (first team receives first leg).

    Turk => Good draw for you guys

    Valence (ESP) - Paris-SG (FRA)
    Real Madrid (ESP) - Manchester United (ANG) MU at home for return match does it for me
    AC Milan (ITA) - FC Barcelone (ESP)
    Galatasaray (TUR) - Schalke 04 (ALL)
    Celtic Glasgow (ECO) - Juventus Turin (ITA)
    Arsenal (ANG) - Bayern Munich (ALL) Bayern 10 -0 on aggregate
    Chakhtior Donetsk (UKR) - Borussia Dortmund (ALL)
    FC Porto (POR) - Malaga (ESP)

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both yours and the Turks teams got a good draw for this round, well as good as it can be at this level.

    Actually it is surprising when you look through that list of teams the names missing from it. There could well be two teams who have never won a Champions League title fighting it out in the final, which would be great for the game.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Both yours and the Turks teams got a good draw for this round, well as good as it can be at this level.

    Actually it is surprising when you look through that list of teams the names missing from it. There could well be two teams who have never won a Champions League title fighting it out in the final, which would be great for the game.
    Congrats to Galatasaray. Great game yesterday on the road. ALl the news is about Messi (and that first goal was remarkable) but pulling a result on the road should really make more noise, even in US.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Congrats to Galatasaray. Great game yesterday on the road. ALl the news is about Messi (and that first goal was remarkable) but pulling a result on the road should really make more noise, even in US.
    +1

    That was an impressive and exciting game. Beautiful goal by Altintop.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Congrats to Galatasaray. Great game yesterday on the road. ALl the news is about Messi (and that first goal was remarkable) but pulling a result on the road should really make more noise, even in US.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    +1

    That was an impressive and exciting game. Beautiful goal by Altintop.
    Thanks guys; the story with Hamit Altintop he hit the woodwork 6 or 7 times this year in the CL alone. That has got to be some sort of record and he finally scores in his hometown against the team that made him famous by hitting the upright and getting it in.

    But for us the story of the season is Burak Yilmaz what an unbelievable turnaround this guy has made in his career. Burak was 19-20 years old when Besiktas signed him and he stayed there for a season or a season and a half without scoring a goal, they traded him for a doner kebap and a bottle of raki and he got knocked around small teams until Fenerbahce gave him a shot and he failed miserably there and he was traded to Trabzon these teams are the big four of Turkish football; in Trabzon he ignited last year scoring something like 32-33 goals we got him for 5 mio euros because of a release clause in his contract and now he is joint top scorer with Ronaldo playing alongside Drogba and the rumours over here are Chelsea are looking to buy him to replace Drobga. What this kid has done is akin to turning Mark Sanchez into Peyton Manning it really is amazing.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    the draw:


    Malaga - Borussia Dortmund

    Real Madrid - Galatasaray

    PSG - Barcelona

    Juventus - Bayern Munich

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, this was fun while it lasted.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ ^ the game(s) still have to be played and frankly Barca have been pretty bad for most of this year. Fabregas gets in the way of everything the games I've seen.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    our pitch is the worst I've seen it was relaid over the winter break but we started playing on it too soon - before it had a chance to settle - so now it's a glorified grazing area

    and this might be our best way to defend against madrid

    my condolences RD

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there another draw for the semis or is that the bracket rest of the way?

    I'm not that bummed. I'm actually looking forward to see where we stand vs the measuring stick that is Barcelona. We're supposed to dominate Europe in 2 years () so might as well start slugging it out now.

    Ibra is suspended for the first game, but seeing how he dissapears in big matches we may not miss him that much.Plus, we actually play better as a team when he's not on the field.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 03-15-2013 at 08:33 AM.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Is there another draw for the semis or is that the bracket rest of the way?

    I'm not that bummed. I'm actually looking forward to see where we stand vs the measuring stick that is Barcelona. We're supposed to dominate Europe in 2 years () so might as well start slugging it out now.

    Ibra is suspended for the first game, but seeing how he dissapears in big matches we may not miss him that much.Plus, we actually play better as a team when he's not on the field.
    There'll be a draw again after this round and noone except barça will dominate anything but theeir domestic leagues until they have messi or he gets old.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    There'll be a draw again after this round and noone except barça will dominate anything but theeir domestic leagues until they have messi or he gets a bathroom tile lodged in his forehead.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post


  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Germany 8
    Spain 1

    Wow.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy ****e what tha hell just happened?

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Holy ****e what tha hell just happened?

    Germany just moved ahead of Spain as the undoubted favorite heading into the WC.

    Unbelievable all the good homegrown young talent on the two German sides. Shame Götze is leaving Dortmund, such an awesome club.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thud! So long Barca.

    7-0 aggregate. Holy ****!

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts on final today?

    Bayerns too strong...but everyone likes an underdog.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us