Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who plays fullback if Conner is out??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    not opening holes for greene, who got half the carries.
    If you taped the game, watch it again. Connor is not the problem as much as Greene should do better

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully no one as the position has become somewhat anachronistic. I'd rather see two WR , two TE sets with someone like McKnight in the backfield.

Rookie
    Tebow!

Veteran
    What difference a year makes. Last year, people were praising him and posting pancake block vids and now, he's the black plague. Tough crowd.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Tebow!

Never seen a Fb pass before, or even a halfback pass on the left side. It'd probably work once.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Shonn Greene should play fullback, he has consistently shown an ability to run head first into the first prospective tackler.
    ftw!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    My man Konrad. The terminator is the one player I wish would stay hurt. Waste of a spot. If anything he blocks the runner, or takes out another blocker.
    Not a very nice thing to say. In fact its ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Timmy is the answer

passes the ball like a fullback too

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Hopefully no one as the position has become somewhat anachronistic. I'd rather see two WR , two TE sets with someone like McKnight in the backfield.
    +1

FB is not anachronistic if you have an excellent blocking FB like Tony Richardson or even a moderately good one who can also make plays like Sowell or Richie Anderson. Problem is Conner can neither block nor catch so he's pretty much useless unless you want a mediocre FB then he is your guy.

Whenever Keller comes back have him and Reuland out there in 2-TE sets and try to make the offense more vertical and go wider with the runs. Ground n' Pound is great when you actually have Ground n' Pound personnel we don't. I know, we beat the Bills' D big deal. They can't stop the run and their secondary couldn't cover Charles Rogers.

Addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    If you taped the game, watch it again. Connor is not the problem as much as Greene should do better
    It's both. Conner is a mediocre blocking FB who doesn't give you any playmaking ability like what Richie Anderson and Jerald Sowell did. Greene is an ok player but that's it. Nothing special and if you stack 8 in the box against him he's toast.

Maybe the Jets can trade a late round pick for Legarrette Blount. He's a similar style of runner to Greene but much more explosive and he plays faster plus he'd be cheap since Schiano's boy is Doug Martin.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4604050]
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rex. rex wanted him. sure tanny deferred to rex, so it's fair to blame the FO. but here's a great example of how rex's lack of offensive vision leads to the accumulation of slow, plodding offensive players.[/QUOTE]

Trust me I know that, good addition. BUT they have a "coaches" pick? Really?

SB teams dont treat their 5th rounder and after picks as lightly as we do.

We trade them like bubble gum.

GREAT teams draft better than we do.
    Not to be negative but you are correct about drafting...freaking hynowski....that was a great pick up....imagine him instead of Conner...I saw Justin Smith in the full back position at least once on Sunday....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    What difference a year makes. Last year, people were praising him and posting pancake block vids and now, he's the black plague. Tough crowd.
    Pancake blocks are great, but sometimes you just need to find the right guy and get in his way. Conner makes way to many mistakes still, and he whiffs trying to make a highlight reel, when he should instead be working on his timing. He actually ran into Cumberland a couple of times last week. He can't pass block very well either. He certainly can't run, or catch. I didn't say he was the problem, but I said he was a wasted player out there. We might as well have another TE, or WR out there. Reuland took around 4 or 5 snaps there and did okay, and Smith took a couple too. Konrad can catch though, and he apparently has a knack for getting open. Rare quality on this team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I didn't mean I wanted him to be hurt. He already got hurt. I mean Revis had a kick in the head and he's going on his second week. Now it looks like Conner is going to make a miraculous recovery. I just want him to be careful and take an extra week or two off. It's probably because he's afraid someone will take his job if he sits out a week.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Who do you think?

TEBOW TIME!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    true.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Connor played a damn good game against the Steelers
    Ughhh
    I didn't post it anywhere else but if anything stands out from the Jets Steelers Game film it's that Connor routinely missed his blocks and just stood around flat footed.

The open air.

It does a much better job.

Honestly, no FB is on the roster. Maybe they swing Reuland back there a few times, but he's more of a receiver than he is a blocker. I expect a lot of singleback sets and more opportunities for Powell and McKnight (and TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) and less for cement shoes Shonn.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The open air.

It does a much better job.

Honestly, no FB is on the roster. Maybe they swing Reuland back there a few times, but he's more of a receiver than he is a blocker. I expect a lot of singleback sets and more opportunities for Powell and McKnight (and TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) and less for cement shoes Shonn.
    He's not technically a blocking TE. Meaning he doesn't have the experience to run complicated blocking schemes like an extra tackle. He's pretty good at blocking man up, and can block okay on the move. He seems really smart, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and he's tenacious. He's a great blocker for a pass receiving FB. Good if you want to be unpredictable.