Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harris, Holmes, Cro on Forbes Top10 overpaid list

Another typical no nothing stirring the pot.

Before I say this Peyton Manning is one of my favorite players of ALL time, but how do you not include a 36 y/o QB that sat out a year with multiple neck surgeries that signed a 5 yr $96 mil contract?

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    I said last night that Harris would be on my top 5 overpaid or flat out suck jets ....yes we are gonna hear the blah blah...leading tackler...blah blah...it will sound like the way they defended jimmy Leonard for 2 years until they replaced him with someone who actually makes BIG plays every now and then.
    Wow. I am flat out shocked by the Harris bashing here. Are we following the same team here? You can debate it but I think Harris is by a wide margin the best player on our D not named Revis, and not because of the leading tackler bs. Tackles is a BS stat. Ask vilma when he was on the Jets racking up tackles 8 yards down the field.

A lot of his tackles are at or near the line of scrimmage and he IS an impact player. How many other linebackers last year had 8 passes defended, 5 sacks, and 4 picks? Any? And last year was a down year by his standards.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Wow. I am flat out shocked by the Harris bashing here. Are we following the same team here? You can debate it but I think Harris is by a wide margin the best player on our D not named Revis, and not because of the leading tackler bs. Tackles is a BS stat. Ask vilma when he was on the Jets racking up tackles 8 yards down the field.

A lot of his tackles are at or near the line of scrimmage and he IS an impact player. How many other linebackers last year had 8 passes defended, 5 sacks, and 4 picks? Any? And last year was a down year by his standards.
    He's good, just not $9million good. You could plug in any number of ILBs in the league, pay them half of what Harris makes and get similar production, and probably better pass coverage.

I said there was no way we were going to resign Harris because I didn't think we could justify paying him when the ILB position is so deep in the NFL. Solid ILB and MLBs are a dime a dozen, unless you have a Willis or Ray Lewis in his prime, there isn't that much difference between and average player at the position and a Pro Bowler. Having said that, Harris certainly should have been a Pro Bowler last year, but if Jets were going to resign him, it should have been for much less. I don't get why they paid him Franchise Tag money for 4 years. Makes no sense at all.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He's good, just not $9million good. You could plug in any number of ILBs in the league, pay them half of what Harris makes and get similar production, and probably better pass coverage.

I said there was no way we were going to resign Harris because I didn't think we could justify paying him when the ILB position is so deep in the NFL. Solid ILB and MLBs are a dime a dozen, unless you have a Willis or Ray Lewis in his prime, there isn't that much difference between and average player at the position and a Pro Bowler. Having said that, Harris certainly should have been a Pro Bowler last year, but if Jets were going to resign him, it should have been for much less. I don't get why they paid him Franchise Tag money for 4 years. Makes no sense at all.

thanks for saving me all that time....well said.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    BTW, Vernon Davis on that list is a joke.
    Vernon Davis is worth almost twice that. Incredible player.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post

Tackles are not a BS stat. They prove you didn't miss a tackle.

Harris in my opinion is a great tackler, poor-very poor in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    No they don't. You can make 10 tackles in a game and still miss 5 others, so making a lot of tackles doesn't mean you don't miss a lot.

How can anyone take this list seriously when he has Joseph at #2. That guy transformed Houston's D and was a serious contender for DPOY last season.

Harris maybe a bit overpaid but other than Revis, where are the other top tier players on this D? Harris is probably the 2nd best player on a perennial top 5 D.

Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    How on earth does the stat prove that?