Large Offensive Lineman Syndrome?
    or LOLS

lol, get it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong. Coples is practicing full go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JetsInsider: Rex comes up to clarify that Coples is practicing fully. "I guess he's not that sick," he said. #jets #nfl

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Large Offensive Lineman Syndrome?
    LOLS?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think a bigger problem is the number of times they had 2nd and 3rd and 16.
    You are correct sir. Add to that list holding penalties on kickoff returns and I would say you are onto something. Is it me or does the Jets defense give up the most 3rd and long conversions in the league? Top 5 defense my a**.

And yes, Sanchez has played well but even this article points out the fact that he is still locking onto receivers and forcing throws he shouldnt be making but lets continue to blame it on the WR's inability to get open.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    You are correct sir. Add to that list holding penalties on kickoff returns and I would say you are onto something. Is it me or does the Jets defense give up the most 3rd and long conversions in the league? Top 5 defense my a**.

And yes, Sanchez has played well but even this article points out the fact that he is still locking onto receivers and forcing throws he shouldnt be making but lets continue to blame it on the WR's inability to get open.
    put yourself in sanchez's shoes at pittsburgh. your favorite target, keller, is out. your coach is not playing rbs who can catch. you have a rookie wr and a 2nd year guy in kerley who missed a lot of last year and most of TC this year. your 2 TEs are cumberland, who played in 2 games last year, and a guy they signed last week. it's not that outlandish for sanchez to want to lock onto holmes. it's kinda pathetic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ALL I have to say is this

THANK YOU CMART FOR YOUR DILIGENCE AND EFFORT IN providing the great daily updates

CMART for MOD

make it happen SOOTH

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Wrong. Coples is practicing full go.
    Nice to see the rookie battle through a little cold. Hopefully he has a big week!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    put yourself in sanchez's shoes at pittsburgh. your favorite target, keller, is out. your coach is not playing rbs who can catch. you have a rookie wr and a 2nd year guy in kerley who missed a lot of last year and most of TC this year. your 2 TEs are cumberland, who played in 2 games last year, and a guy they signed last week. it's not that outlandish for sanchez to want to lock onto holmes. it's kinda pathetic.
    OMG

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    @JetsInsider: Rex comes up to clarify that Coples is practicing fully. "I guess he's not that sick," he said. #jets #nfl
    Maybe Revis gave him some cough syrup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post

Sanchez plays WELL in spurts! He is inconsistent and that is the problem with him. There could be a variety of reasons why he is so inconsistent but someone has to say it like it is!

And its not just you regarding the defense. For a top 5 defense we sure get burned a lot due to our inability to get off the field. Sad but true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYNJ Super Bowl ‏@NYNJSuperBowl
    It's here! We are down to #500days until the #NYNJSUPERBOWL. Thanks to all our fans!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Darrelle Revis feels fine: "I'm playing Sunday.... I can bang my head on a wall if I want to."

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    RB Joe McKnight said he's "almost 100%" coming back from a hamstring injury. Hopes to get more playing time on Sunday.

Antonio Cromartie is looking forward to the return of Darrelle Revis. He praised the young CBs, but said it's different w/out Revis.

Asked if there has been any discussion about him taking on a wide receiver role, Antonio Cromartie said with a smile, "None at all."
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-20-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis: 'I'm playing on Sunday.'

BY Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan would have done backflips at the podium during his Thursday press conference if it were socially acceptable, but the Jets coach settled for a wide-eyed grin when relaying the best news he’s received in weeks: Darrelle Revis appears to be back.

The All-Pro cornerback was cleared for contact by a team doctor and independent neurologist, in accordance with NFL concussion protocol -- the most significant step in his recovery – in the run-up to the Jets’ Week 3 game in Miami.

“I’m playing Sunday,” Revis said after practice on Thursday. “Doctors cleared me, so I’ll be playing Sunday.”

Revis is ready to go.

“I can bang my head on a wall if I want to,” he said.

Revis said that he felt like he could have practiced with contact on Wednesday, but he needed to follow the league’s concussion protocol and pass the necessary tests. He even told the team trainer that he didn’t want to wear the red non-contact jersey in practice on Wednesday.

The team lifted any restrictions on Thursday.

“Today, it felt good,” Revis said. “I actually got a couple jams in on press (coverage) and got physical with some guys…. Contact actually felt good today, hitting guys and guys were hitting me back.”

Ryan said he expects Revis to play on Sunday, but reiterated that he’ll lean on the team’s medical personnel before announcing his official status against the Dolphins. He was evaluated after fully practicing on Thursday. Per NFL guidelines, Revis will be monitored after practice on Friday as well. Barring a setback, it looks like Gang Green’s most indispensable player will be on the field on Sunday.

“I think you feel good when you have the best player on the field,” Ryan said. “That can’t hurt you. They got some great players over there in Miami… but there’s only one Darrelle Revis. I know I feel great about it. It’s hard not to smile if he’s out there. You feel good having the best player.”

Revis suffered what the team initially called a “mild concussion” five minutes into the fourth quarter in a Week 1 rout over the Bills. Linebacker Bart Scott inadvertently kicked Revis in the head after the cornerback dove to make a tackle. A few days later, a subdued Revis admitted that he was “in a fog” right after the hit.

He attended meetings last week and was cleared for physical activities such as lifting weights and running. But he missed only the third game of his career last week after he didn’t pass the required concussion tests.

“I didn’t know,” Revis said about whether he felt confident all along that he’d return for Week 3. “Everything is day-to-day. One day you can feel 100 percent. The other, you cannot feel like you’re a 100 percent. With these concussions, you have to consistently feel 100 percent every day. I could have a good night’s rest and come in the next day with a headache. What the doctors are looking for is that you come in consistently in the morning 100 percent.”

The Steelers exploited the Jets defense without Revis last week. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 275 yards, two touchdowns and had a passer rating of 125.1 without Revis to deal with.

In 50 minutes (3+ quarters) with Revis, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine’s unit has given up 14 points and one touchdown pass. In 70 minutes (4+ quarters) without Revis, Gang Green has allowed 41 points and three touchdown passes.

Ryan admitted that the Jets “still have a plan” in place if Revis can’t go on Sunday. Fourth cornerback Ellis Lankster’s inability to practice on Thursday due to a back injured suffered on Wednesday would complicate matters if Revis didn’t play.

Although the Dolphins lack dynamic wide receivers, Revis’ return will allow Ryan and Pettine the freedom to devise more exotic press packages against rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

“We ask him to do a lot of different things,” Ryan said of Revis. “A lot of times we’ll put him one-on-one on a team’s best receiver and roll coverage away from him. He’s just that kind of guy. So, sometimes you will have different type of game-planning… Hopefully he’ll play, but I guess we’ll see.”

Revis downplayed how his return could lift a defense that struggled without him last week.

“I’m just one guy,” Revis said. “I’m just happy to be back.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ying-on-sunday

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Open For Business?

Posted on September 20, 2012

Since Sunday I’ve read lots of articles and comments on Twitter suggesting that the New York Jets’ receiving corps were partially responsible for the 27-10 defeat in Pittsburgh. Well, I’ve never really seen it as being my job to try and convince anybody that they’re right or wrong, so as per usual, let’s just allow the evidence to speak for itself.

Based largely on the assumption that most people were quite happy with how the Jets performed during the first-half of the match, we’ll pick things up on the opening drive of the pivotal third quarter and get a different perspective on a play that we previously looked at in my article concerning the offensive line.

Mark Sanchez has completed two short passes to TEs Jeff Cumberland and Konrad Reuland on this drive, but is now facing a 3rd and 16 on his own 25. The Jets line up in a Trips Bunch formation with Santonio Holmes split wide to the right. Stephen Hill is circled in red, and Pittsburgh CB Keenan Lewis is in blue (Picture 1, below). For reasons that I explained in my previous analysis of Hill, Lewis is playing in soft coverage (ie he’s giving himself a cushion of about 9 yards).
    Picture 1

When we wind the tape on (Picture 2, below) we see that Hill has completed his route, has roughly 5 yards of separation from Lewis, and is ready to make the catch. But by this stage of events the play is already over and Sanchez has gone down (yellow circle) thanks to Austin Howard’s inability to handle Lamarr Woodley’s pass rush.
    Picture 2

Four minutes and 52 seconds later (Picture 3) Sanchez gets his next opportunity to pass. This time he’s in a 2nd and 16 sized hole following a loss of yardage on a run by Shonn Greene. The Jets come out in a Singleback Ace Pair set with Holmes split right and Hill (red) to the left. Again, Lewis (blue) is in loose coverage against the rookie wideout.
    Picture 3

Roll the film forward a few frames (Picture 4) and we find that history has almost repeated itself. Hill has completed his hitch route, has 4-5 yards separation from his defender, and is ready to receive the ball. But Sanchez is prevented from being able to deliver it as he’s busy trying to evade pressure from Woodley and Lawrence Timmons. Although he manages to get the throw off as he’s taken to the turf, the ball wobbles out and lands well short of his intended receiver.
    Picture 4

The final play that we’ll consider is a 2nd and 5 from the Jets’ 24-yard line with 2:28 remaining in the third (Picture 5). The offense takes the field in Shotgun Empty with Jason Smith in as a jumbo TE and Reuland flexed to his left. Holmes is wide right (yellow) and Hill (red) is once again out on the left. Picking up the coverage on Holmes is Ike Taylor (purple) while Lewis (blue) is again playing soft against Hill.
    Picture 5

As the play develops (Picture 6) the veteran Taylor (purple) gets tight on Holmes at the moment he breaks his route. While on the other side the inexperienced Lewis (red) has – at the risk of being boring – allowed Hill to get wide open yet again. But because Sanchez is keyed on Holmes he doesn’t even look to the Georgia Tech man, and so instead he forces the ball to Holmes and ends up with another incompletion.
    Picture 6

So there we have it; the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth of what actually happened on three key passing plays during the critical third quarter. What do you reckon – were the receivers to blame? And based on this evidence, am I right to think I’m probably not alone in feeling that we might see more of Hill when the Jets travel down to Miami this weekend? If the mood takes you, feel free to let me know your opinion via Twitter.

http://sportsgeekguy.wordpress.com/2...-for-business/
    After seeing this i have come to the conclusion that Sanchez can’t throw to his left.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Is it just me, or does this ^ remind you of this

and if you've seen the movie, it makes even more sense. :-)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    After seeing this i have come to the conclusion that Sanchez can’t throw to his left.
    Game 1, he had 2 nice throws to Hill on the left and the almost TD to Holmes...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always seem to get stuck in this infinite loop of suck. One year it's our defense. Then the next, its OL. Then the next year its QB. And now here we are back at RB. When will it ever end?!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    We always seem to get stuck in this infinite loop of suck. One year it's our defense. Then the next, its OL. Then the next year its QB. And now here we are back at RB. When will it ever end?!
    we draft poorly and overpay on most contracts. rex seems to have bolstered the dl and put zero into the offensive playmakers wr,rb,te a very viscious cycle.