Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/20

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Coples, Lankster, Thomas, Conner all will not practice today. Keller and ESmith will be limited. #

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Coples won't practice today due to illness. Bryan Thomas won't practice due to his hamstring injury

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Lankster hurt back, won't practice. Really need Revis to play with Lankster banged up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    JetsInsider.com ‏@JetsInsider
    Rex said its hard to simulate tackling guys like Spiller, Bush in practice due to only being in pads once a week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex said its hard to simulate tackling guys like Spiller, Bush in practice due to only being in pads once a week.
    Nice built in excuse if Bush goes off on us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Darrelle Revis has been cleared for contact for first time since suffering concussion. He will practice fully today. Good news for Jets
    REVIS ISLAND BACK B*TCHES!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 of 2

The outcome of this lunacy has been preserved in Picture 7 (below): Greene fell over, Woodley almost stripped the ball, and Sanchez somehow managed to escape with his life and an incompletion.
    Picture 7

Sad to say, I could fill much more cyberspace with details of comedic blocks and blocking schemes, but instead I shall assume that you’ve already seen enough. It would be easy to heap blame on Sanchez for completing a woeful 10 out of 27 passes (after going 4 for 5 on the opening two drives) but maybe it would be better to pause and wonder if maybe all the incompletions were down to him desperately trying to avoid being buried under any more Woodley.

(For what it’s worth, Sanchez went down just once during the whole game despite being hurried – according to Pro Football Focus – on seven occasions, four of which were courtesy of the Woodley/Howard mismatch.)
    And there we’ll end this sorry tale of a football with abandonment issues except, that is, to keep my promise that unlike other bloggers/columnists, I won’t tell you that I know what went wrong with the Jets offense when the wheels fell off. Nope, instead I’ll ask you a question…

Do you think that any of this might have been a problem?

http://sportsgeekguy.wordpress.com/2...your-own-mind/
    The good news is that these are all correctable mistakes. The jets gave up some sacks...every team gives up sacks. On top of that, giving up a sack on an OBVIOUS passing down is very common....but you knew that, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those breakdowns are great.

Even though the loss sucked, i'm glad it happened early and hopefully they learn from everything these guys just showed us. I think it can definitely be cleaned up as the season goes on. Our RB's are pitiful though.

Also.....GET HILL THE BALL. enough of Holmes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

Even though the loss sucked, i'm glad it happened early and hopefully they learn from everything these guys just showed us. I think it can definitely be cleaned up as the season goes on. Our RB's are pitiful though.

and use mcknight on short passes. maybe they could counter some of these blitzes by forcing defenses to account for rbs in the passing game. for a team and a qb that really really needs an increase in completion % they make it extra hard on themselves by not using rbs here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 of 2

The outcome of this lunacy has been preserved in Picture 7 (below): Greene fell over, Woodley almost stripped the ball, and Sanchez somehow managed to escape with his life and an incompletion.
    Picture 7

Sad to say, I could fill much more cyberspace with details of comedic blocks and blocking schemes, but instead I shall assume that you’ve already seen enough. It would be easy to heap blame on Sanchez for completing a woeful 10 out of 27 passes (after going 4 for 5 on the opening two drives) but maybe it would be better to pause and wonder if maybe all the incompletions were down to him desperately trying to avoid being buried under any more Woodley.

(For what it’s worth, Sanchez went down just once during the whole game despite being hurried – according to Pro Football Focus – on seven occasions, four of which were courtesy of the Woodley/Howard mismatch.)
    And there we’ll end this sorry tale of a football with abandonment issues except, that is, to keep my promise that unlike other bloggers/columnists, I won’t tell you that I know what went wrong with the Jets offense when the wheels fell off. Nope, instead I’ll ask you a question…

Do you think that any of this might have been a problem?

Awesome information. Still, sadly people will still blame Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for passing on some enlightening information, C Mart. This was evident last season also... even with some different receivers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

it did seem like sanchez was favoring and forcing the ball to holmes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Awesome information. Still, sadly people will still blame Sanchez.
    Well I think there is some Samchez blame in WR breakdown article.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think there is some Samchez blame in WR breakdown article.
    Of course he has a hand in every loss. Team game. Some folks like to blame him for everything including the economy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I was so mad when they didn't resign Lamont Jordan, boy was I wrong about that one.
    Could have been worse. The Cowboys learned that lesson when they gave 8 million a year to a RB who never had 1000 yard season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cause our RB's go down on first contact? :-)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    nice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    we have a winner

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    "all I want you to do is see with your own eyes how the offensive line performed in pass protection."

2 of 2
    – according to Pro Football Focus – on seven occasions, four of which were courtesy of the Woodley/Howard mismatch.)

These are great but in this case I don't think he proves his point about the O line. He shows 1 Howard miss and alludes to 3 others, then goes to show how the backs screwed up on 2 occasions. Overall I think that's a decent oline performance, especially considering Howard is new as a starter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    These are great but in this case I don't think he proves his point about the O line. He shows 1 Howard miss and alludes to 3 others, then goes to show how the backs screwed up on 2 occasions. Overall I think that's a decent oline performance, especially considering Howard is new as a starter.
    i think a bigger problem is the number of times they had 2nd and 3rd and 16.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Coples won't practice today due to illness.
    Large Offensive Lineman Syndrome?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Large Offensive Lineman Syndrome?
    LOL....that was pretty funny actually....