Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Dwayne Bowe

Anyone else think KC will trade him after they loose to NO? Now I don't think we will pursue him but I am scared NE or Miami will. Now I'm not sure if they even get a 2nd rounder for him at this point but those two teams are just crazy enough to do it. Miami needs a draw and NE has always been know for taking guys like Bowe. Now I think it is possible for us to land him but think I would really.

Veteran
    Out of the loop on this one - is Bowe that bad now??

Jets Insider VIP
    I dont think they trade him.

Trades like that in season are just so rare (Braylon was the exception not the rule).

Would love to get him in FA, but dont see how it is possible with Holme's prohibitive salary

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    He has had some legal issue but is a really good WR still. Making like 9+ mil on a tag and is 28. KC is not going to pay him what he wants next year and will likely start the year 0-3. They wanted a 1st and still have not gotten it the longer they wait the less they will get for him. If they can get a 2nd or 3rd and a few OK players they should make the deal IMO. NE has Wes up for a new deal and he is over 30 and the rest of their core is scrubbs. Miami has nothing. For either one if they can get a guy like Bowe for a 3rd and a few BU players I'd think it would be a no brainer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Until holmes is off the books, we cannot bring in a guy like bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I dont think they trade him.

Trades like that in season are just so rare (Braylon was the exception not the rule).

Would love to get him in FA, but dont see how it is possible with Holme's prohibitive salary
    The only way we could do it is if we traded Moore as a part of the deal and maybe Tebow. I could see it but it is very unlikely to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Anyone else think KC will trade him after they loose to NO? Now I don't think we will pursue him but I am scared NE or Miami will. Now I'm not sure if they even get a 2nd rounder for him at this point but those two teams are just crazy enough to do it. Miami needs a draw and NE has always been know for taking guys like Bowe. Now I think it is possible for us to land him but think I would really.
    Dont need him. According to a lot of this board Kerley is a potential hall of famer and Hill is the 2nd coming of Randy Moss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Agreed! People forget how much that guy is making and how it screws up our cap!

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    No, he's really not. Bowe is still a bad ass in my opinion. He'd look good in green and I've been saying that for a long time.

Am I worried that Miami or NE get bowe? I guess that depends on the future of Revis and whether or not he remains a Jet.

If the Chiefs are smart they keep Bowe and get rid of overrated scrub Cassell... but they're not smart.

I like what I've seen from Hill so far (no homer) and think he will be similar to Bowe. I'd rather spend the FA money next off-season on getting a pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The only way we could do it is if we traded Moore as a part of the deal and maybe Tebow. I could see it but it is very unlikely to say the least.
    Moore is getting old and I think under contract for just one more year. Tebow sucks and is actually a downgrade from mediocre Cassell. If KC does trade Bowe they want picks.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Moore is getting old and I think under contract for just one more year. Tebow sucks and is actually a downgrade from mediocre Cassell. If KC does trade Bowe they want picks.
    Ok fine but how many superstars have we gotten for our 1st rounders? I'd gladly give up a 1st round for a guaranteed success today.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We have to give up both and at least a 3rd I'd think. Moore and Tebow would have to go just to make cap room. That was why I said they have to be part of the deal. Of course the draft pick would be the key to the trade. We aren't giving up a 1st or 2nd but if they actually wanted Tebow just to bring fans in it would be a nice piece. Really better or not would it matter to them, they aren't going anywhere. I'm not sure it it would be a downgrade either. People knock Tebow but he only had 6 INTs and 18 TDs last year. That is a pretty high ratio. Cassell is not very good at all.

I always thought the Chiefs were a little loose

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I thought the Jets were under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed! People forget how much that guy is making and how it screws up our cap!
    Tone is staring to look and feel like a ball and chain around our b@lls

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    No, he's really not. Bowe is still a bad ass in my opinion. He'd look good in green and I've been saying that for a long time.

Am I worried that Miami or NE get bowe? I guess that depends on the future of Revis and whether or not he remains a Jet.
    What the hell does the jets having revis anything to do with the pats and Bowe.
    The jets and the pats only play 2 games out of the 16, Those other 14 games count too.