Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: REVIS CLEARED TO PLAY

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am not sure that I understand this. If the doctors told him that he could not play, why do we care if he decided to watch the game at a sports bar or not?
    Pay no mind to him. Copernicus is JI's sandiest vagina.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 09-20-2012 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Oh, i don't know. Usually a concussion calls for rest to get maximum recovery.
    Plus, alcohol is not noted for a postitive impact on the brain.
    I don't care how it looks, it's just plain stupid from a recovery standpoint.
    I confess I skipped over much of the thread and did not realize that the sticking point was consumption of alcohol.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

    I wouldn't overlook the fact that Hartline had a breakout game last week......
    I'm overlooking it.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not overlooking Tannehill and I'm sure as hell not overlooking their front seven, but Brian Hartline scares nobody on the Jets defense, and I'm saying that even if Revis doesn't play.

    The only damage Hartline can do is outside the numbers...back shoulder throws, comebacks, outs, flags, etc. That is what Cromartie plays best (obviously Revis too). I wouldn't be surprised if Revis spends most of his time with Bess on Sunday. Cromartie can handle Hartline himself.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    He must be very upset by this, cutting into his booze time.......pathetic
    When, if ever, has Revis been labeled as lazy? Your acting like he played hookie from school or something.........grow up!

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Pay no mind to him. Copernicus is JI's sandiest vagina.
    Careful, wouldn't want to get banned

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrad01 View Post
    Whatever some of you guys find something to wine about no matter what. I for one am happy as hell he's back seeing how our entire defense played scared ****less with out him. As for drinking that isn't going to affect his concussion one way or another. As far the RT where was the problem there? Our WRs need to step the hell up. I see a big game for Hill against the fins. Revis will take away there only WR threat in Hartline and if we can containe Bush we should win big. Otherwise GFY
    Agreed. I was about to comment on the RT reference too. Some guys are in a fog! They invent crap to talk about here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Go Jets!

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Careful, wouldn't want to get banned
    If 32 bans me, I'll have to show him my mean face.


  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    He must be very upset by this, cutting into his booze time.......pathetic
    Dude, I used to find your posts intelligent and thoughtful. But recently you've become so self righteous that its just annoying. Get over yourself and chill a bit.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriiously

    copernicus has fallen from top 10 poster to bottom of the barrel SOJF in less than one season


    what happened cope?

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seriiously

    copernicus has fallen from top 10 poster to bottom of the barrel SOJF in less than one season


    what happened cope?


  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    great, can he play running back or RT?

    First
    I was thinking QB ... Just kidding .. Sort of.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.

  12. #32
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! Our dreams of going 15-1 are still alive!

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrad01 View Post
    Whatever some of you guys find something to wine about no matter what. I for one am happy as hell he's back seeing how our entire defense played scared ****less with out him. As for drinking that isn't going to affect his concussion one way or another. As far the RT where was the problem there? Our WRs need to step the hell up. I see a big game for Hill against the fins. Revis will take away there only WR threat in Hartline and if we can containe Bush we should win big. Otherwise GFY
    Hill could have a multi touchdown game against the Fins. Powell and McKnight should see more carries. Holmes and Greene need to get their $hit together

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seriiously

    copernicus has fallen from top 10 poster to bottom of the barrel SOJF in less than one season


    what happened cope?
    Honestly, give it a rest man

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis: 'I’m playing'

    4:09 PM By Kimberley A. Martin




    Darrelle Revis left nothing to interpretation.

    “I’m playing Sunday,” he said repeatedly, smiling each time.

    The Jets cornerback said he passed the final test in a long series of hurdles en route to getting back on the field.

    “Doctors cleared me, so I’ll be playing Sunday,” he said.

    For the first time since he suffered a concussion in Week 1, Revis was cleared for contact prior to Thursday’s practice.

    He participated fully, as expected.

    The All Pro corner said he felt healthy enough to practice full-contact on Wednesday, “but there’s still protocol we had to follow,” he said, adding that he refused to wear the red non-contact pinnie this week.

    WOO-HOOOOO!!!

    LOLOLOL @ SAR and his negative vortex brainrape machine

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Honestly, give it a rest man
    As a poster, I like Copernicus; always have. Like many of us, he's been beaten down (mentally/emotionally) by all the thunder-headed moves by our beloved team's management and players. It's called SOJ for a reason, folks. Just look at our history.

    Don't mistake a fan's spirited criticism as hatred of the team. Giving over one's emotions (positive or negative) is the highest level of support. Most here could not survive in South America or Europe, where a soccer clubs' every move is scrutinized and, very often, lambasted to the point of hysteria. Then, everyone goes for a coffee or drink.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Oh, i don't know. Usually a concussion calls for rest to get maximum recovery.
    Plus, alcohol is not noted for a postitive impact on the brain.
    I don't care how it looks, it's just plain stupid from a recovery standpoint.
    Other than your penchant for criticizing anyone who doesn't walk the straight and narrow path, do you have any evidence to suggest that alcohol, in moderation, has an adverse affect on someone recovering from a concussion?

    Do you know how many drinks did Revis have?

    Was he intoxicated?

    Was he inebriated?

    Does Ron Swanson have intel that Revis was playing beer pong?

    Maybe grapefruit is good for concussions and vodka has no impact one way or the other?

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis just needs to stay at least 10 yards away from Bart Scott & he'll be fine.
    Will Damarious Davis PLEASE get his chit together so we can get some damn speed at LB!

    If I'm the opposing team, I'm throwin the ball EVERY DAMN TIME that Scott is on the field.
    Give me the over under for BS (Bull*hit) Scotts missed tackles on Reggie Bush this Sunday.

    The biggest problem with the Jets is the salarys of these guys that are just JAGS now.
    SCOTT
    PACE
    BT
    HOLMES
    KELLER
    HARRIS (OK above average, but 9 million? really)

    OMG Ramsey Barden played better last night than Holmes has played since 2009 & the Giants backup RB is far superior to our starter! Sanchez should get a FREAKING MEDAL winning games with our roster!

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    WOO-HOOOOO!!!

    LOLOLOL @ SAR and his negative vortex brainrape machine
    LOL Conspiracy theory with SAR 1 is now cancelled....

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Revis just needs to stay at least 10 yards away from Bart Scott & he'll be fine.
    Will Damarious Davis PLEASE get his chit together so we can get some damn speed at LB!

    If I'm the opposing team, I'm throwin the ball EVERY DAMN TIME that Scott is on the field.
    Give me the over under for BS (Bull*hit) Scotts missed tackles on Reggie Bush this Sunday.

    The biggest problem with the Jets is the salarys of these guys that are just JAGS now.
    SCOTT
    PACE
    BT
    HOLMES
    KELLER
    HARRIS (OK above average, but 9 million? really)

    OMG Ramsey Barden played better last night than Holmes has played since 2009 & the Giants backup RB is far superior to our starter! Sanchez should get a FREAKING MEDAL winning games with our roster!
    Who's to say that we wont have someone step up..Where the Hell was Ramses Barden 2 years ago???......I'm sick of comparing us to other teams....now that the Giants are super bowl champs we have to do thing the way they do it.....when the Pats were winning ...we have to be like the Pats....when the Bucs had a great D we have to model our D Like that....Now everyone is passing the we have to pass more...Giants ran the ball with ease last night...guess what? We have to run more...There so many ways to win in this league we just have to find our way...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us