Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A look at the past Presidents

GWB's record is indefensible. The r's can't even lie about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The talking point that you are following (knowingly or not) is to deflect any mention of Bush during this election cycle.
    Probably because Bush isn't on the ticket?

I find it curious that you have failed to get equally upset at the republican ads linking Obama to Carter as you are with the democratic ads mentioning Bush and Romney
    I'd have to have seen one to react to one. I live in a "battleground" state, and I've not seen such an ad as yet.

2. Its hard to run against Romney's supposed policies because he is a candidate and can play the old political game of not giving specific details for the other side to pick apart.
    He was a Governor, wasn't he? Governors have policies and record, don't they?

And I believe "not giving specifics" is also a legitimate form of criticism of policy.

PS: What would you like me to say about the teacher's strike?
    Whatever it is you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Probably because Bush isn't on the ticket?

I'd have to have seen one to react to one. I live in a "battleground" state, and I've not seen such an ad as yet.

He was a Governor, wasn't he? Governors have policies and record, don't they?

And I believe "not giving specifics" is also a legitimate form of criticism of policy.

Whatever it is you think about it?
    Not much of a foreign policy record to go by when you are a governor.

The Carter/Obama comparisons are all over the place; from paid ads to stump speeches by Ryan and Romney as well as their surrogates on TV.

As for my opinion on the labor strike I say this;

I would be all for strict limitations on what public unions can negotiate AS LONG as legislation is passed to curtail the overwhelming influence of corporate America on the political system as well.

I do not know what the issues are that the union and city are haggling over. Is it about the deplorable working/learning conditions in many of the urban schools that, in some cases, were built during the New Deal? Is the city trying to force the teachers to work longer hours with little compensation?

Explain to me what the issues are and I can give my opinion.