Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need to draft a RB in round 1 next year

LBer or RB. One of those two.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    It's the missing link to the team. Watching Wilson or Williams tonight, just makes me want a speedy RB
    Id rather have a real passrusher! Defense will get the ball back for the O. Give McKnight a cnamce! Powell looks OK. RBs are found in later rounds and still do well. We need speed on defense as well as offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Id rather have a real passrusher! Defense will get the ball back for the O. Give McKnight a cnamce! Powell looks OK. RBs are found in later rounds and still do well. We need speed on defense as well as offense.
    Heck we just drafted a few...what are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Heck we just drafted a few...what are you saying?
    Agreed, enough of the 1st round picks on defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Agreed, enough of the 1st round picks on defense.
    He is building his base, now he will build the treble.

All League
    We have a RB on the roster right now that could be a #1 RB in Bilal Powell. How about we see what Powell can do?

He's got prototype HalfBack build at 5'11" and 210 lbs, with above average speed. He has shown to have a little wiggle in his step, and can catch the ball too. I think he's gonna surprise you all.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    We have a RB on the roster right now that could be a #1 RB in Bilal Powell. How about we see what Powell can do?

He's got prototype HalfBack build at 5'11" and 210 lbs, with above average speed. He has shown to have a little wiggle in his step, and can catch the ball too. I think he's gonna surprise you all.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    We have a RB on the roster right now that could be a #1 RB in McKnight. How about we see what McKnight can do?

Corrected.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Corrected.
    We know he can fumble. That's not good. But he will keep getting chances here because the competition is thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    TJ was not better then green. TJ was slow, but durable, and got ONLY what the line gave him. Green does the same, but is stronger, faster, but less durable. Our oline isn't giving him much of anything and he still gets 2-3 yards each carry.

Our oline now <<<< than our oline then.
    Faster? No. Look at TJ's long runs for those years. Look at Greene's.

Stronger? Yes.

Was our oline better then? Yes.

TJ was better than Greene. Sure, he wasn't explosive, but he'd find the hole and get those yards. He was excellent in pass protection and could catch the ball, as well.

Greene has awful vision, can't block and can't catch. He sucks. Plain and simple.

Bilal Powell needs to be the starter. Powell has the potential to be good.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Corrected.
    I like McKnight in a certain role on passing downs, long yardage downs.... he absolutely should get more playing time. But, a prototype HalfBack build, he does not have. I don't he could take the in-between-the-Tackles beating as the main back.

Powell could...

I want Marcus Lattimore or Silas Redd