Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex not using TO's with 1:45 left in the half.....

JetsInsider.com Legend

Rex not using TO's with 1:45 left in the half.....

How annoying is this? Every single time we have time out's, or plenty of time to go down and score, we run one running play, and walk into the tunnel.

It's so ****ing annoying.

He has zero faith in Sanchez. Regardless of what he says, his actions speak for themself. Sanchez was probably still messed up from the hit he took earlier.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    He has zero faith in Sanchez. Regardless of what he says, his actions speak for themself.
    This

Lack of faith/confidence in the QB.

They know he's nothing more than a manager, not a real QB. Wish this fan base would realize it like fan bases of the 49ers, Ravens and others do with their QB's.

Period.

I'm glad someone finally brought this up.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So you have beef with Rex?

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

Ground and Quarter-Pound.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    How annoying is this? Every single time we have time out's, or plenty of time to go down and score, we run one running play, and walk into the tunnel.

Rex was saving those TO's for the 2nd half.

It was 1:03, not 1:45. Rex was asked about it and said he expected the defense to come out in prevent so figured he could get a nice chunk of yardage on the draw. Powell was stuffed at the line and pretty much blew up his plan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Ground and Quarter-Pound.
    oh no

no

-

Veteran
    Offense bores Rex. It's only fun for the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tripside View Post
    It was 1:03, not 1:45. Rex was asked about it and said he expected the defense to come out in prevent so figured he could get a nice chunk of yardage on the draw. Powell was stuffed at the line and pretty much blew up his plan.
    People like to leave out the facts when it helps make their point

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    People like to leave out the facts when it helps make their point
    Except the time difference doesn't invalidate his point.

We did take a TO before the Steelers picked up the first down at the 1 yd line. I actually was a bit shocked that we did, I guess if we had a 10-9 lead we would play more aggressive on offense then down 13-10

2-4-NYJ 8 (2:00) (Shotgun) 27-J.Dwyer right guard to NYJ 7 for 1 yard (96-M.Wilkerson; 93-K.Ellis).
    Timeout #1 by NYJ at 01:52.
    3-3-NYJ 7 (1:52) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 89-J.Cotchery to NYJ 1 for 6 yards (37-Y.Bell, 57-B.Scott).
    Last edited by IM3; 09-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    We did take a TO before the Steelers picked up the first down at the 1 yd line. I actually was a bit shocked that we did, I guess if we had a 10-9 lead we would play more aggressive on offense then down 13-10

2-4-NYJ 8 (2:00) (Shotgun) 27-J.Dwyer right guard to NYJ 7 for 1 yard (96-M.Wilkerson; 93-K.Ellis).
    Timeout #1 by NYJ at 01:52.
    3-3-NYJ 7 (1:52) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 89-J.Cotchery to NYJ 1 for 6 yards (37-Y.Bell, 57-B.Scott).
    I think they should have let Pit scored earlier. It was obvious the defense was giving up a td on that drive so just let them score and get the ball back with 2+ minutes and timeouts for your offense. This was worse then not using the 1 min +.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I think they should have let Pit scored earlier. It was obvious the defense was giving up a td on that drive so just let them score and get the ball back with 2+ minutes and timeouts for your offense. This was worse then not using the 1 min +.
    Uh... when should the Jets have "let them score" on 3rd and 4 from the 7, when Cothcery catches the ball at the 1? Just don't tackle him?

Come on thats just stupid, I guess you can argue why not take a TO after the first down, but "letting them score" is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Except the time difference doesn't invalidate his point.
    No but anyone who knows anything about football understands there is a huge difference between 1:45 and just over a minute.

Banned
    No but anyone who knows anything about football understands there is a huge difference between 1:45 and just over a minute.
    Yea, if you are out of TO's.

Jets had 2 left.

With 2 timeouts left, that's just a dumb statement.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    IT'S HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE!!!