Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Disdain for Workers

  1. #1

    Disdain for Workers

    I think this has been fairly obvious for years and a key reason the Republican party has such an ugly face on it. If you work for a living they see you as a sucker and poor people? Unworthy of any consideration and outright contempt is the stance. I am glad it was caught on camera for the world to see and can't wait for a 300+ electoral college blow out that is looking more and more likely.

    Disdain for Workers
    By PAUL KRUGMAN
    Published: September 20, 2012
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/21/op...oc.semityn.www

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,541
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    I think this has been fairly obvious for years and a key reason the Republican party has such an ugly face on it. If you work for a living they see you as a sucker and poor people? Unworthy of any consideration and outright contempt is the stance. I am glad it was caught on camera for the world to see and can't wait for a 300+ electoral college blow out that is looking more and more likely.

    Disdain for Workers
    By PAUL KRUGMAN
    Published: September 20, 2012
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/21/op...oc.semityn.www
    There's a reason the term "McDonaldization" has been coined.

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,567
    I wonder how much Paul Krugman gets paid under the table on behalf of the Obama campaign. Or, perhaps, he was promised a cabinet position in the 2nd term.

  4. #4
    Where does this disdain for workers come from? Some of it, obviously, reflects the influence of money in politics: big-money donors, like the ones Mr. Romney was speaking to when he went off on half the nation, donít live paycheck to paycheck. But it also reflects the extent to which the G.O.P. has been taken over by an Ayn Rand-type vision of society, in which a handful of heroic businessmen are responsible for all economic good, while the rest of us are just along for the ride.
    Just too extreme. Almost feudal-like

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,523
    I think it's crap to say Republicans have disdain for workers.

    I disagree with their policies, I think the birther sh*t was a huge distraction, I don't like the incessant filibustering and stalling of appointments over the past four years and the artificial debt ceiling crises/ransom.

    But to just say that the other party hates workers is bullsh*t. I just believe they're mistaken in their belief that laissez-faire capitalism is a 21st century solution to the American economy.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I wonder how much Paul Krugman gets paid under the table on behalf of the Obama campaign. Or, perhaps, he was promised a cabinet position in the 2nd term.



    Krugman is a guy who would do it for free. He is a communist punk. Hey, he lectures at Princeton. He hates everything American and everything about democracy.
    BTW, I know people from most of the Ivy's through business. Has anyone ever met a Princeton grad out there?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Krugman is a guy who would do it for free. He is a communist punk. Hey, he lectures at Princeton. He hates everything American and everything about democracy.
    BTW, I know people from most of the Ivy's through business. Has anyone ever met a Princeton grad out there?
    I have several friends that are Princeton Grads and plenty more that are Ivy League grads. What gives here?

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I wonder how much Paul Krugman gets paid under the table on behalf of the Obama campaign. Or, perhaps, he was promised a cabinet position in the 2nd term.
    him and Rahm Emmanuelle have a special relationship involving assless chaps

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,946
    Imagine it is 2004 again.

    Republicans were busy sucking off and cupping the balls of "average" 'Mer-A-khuns". Pointed out that John Kerry was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and couldn't relate to flyover country.


    "Which candidate would you want to have a glass of $1,200 wine with".....


    LMFAO!! Guarantee that this board will be shut down again in November...just like the last time.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Imagine it is 2004 again.

    Republicans were busy sucking off and cupping the balls of "average" 'Mer-A-khuns". Pointed out that John Kerry was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and couldn't relate to flyover country.


    "Which candidate would you want to have a glass of $1,200 wine with".....


    LMFAO!! Guarantee that this board will be shut down again in November...just like the last time.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Lol.

    Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft are what make the NFL great. The guys making the plays suck.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I wonder how much Paul Krugman gets paid under the table on behalf of the Obama campaign. Or, perhaps, he was promised a cabinet position in the 2nd term.
    Paulie, have u listened to Niall Ferguson debate Krugman? He's brilliant and destroys Keynsian theory with ease.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,541
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lol.

    Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft are what make the NFL great. The guys making the plays suck.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Interestingly...disdain for the worker is MOST present in the NFL. Once you don't produce...you are out. Top 5 percent of the workers make all the money.
    There is no safety net...no one cares once you are out.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Interestingly...disdain for the worker is MOST present in the NFL. Once you don't produce...you are out. Top 5 percent of the workers make all the money.
    There is no safety net...no one cares once you are out.
    And the owners get gov't sanctioned stadiums.......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us