Thread: Bill Clinton interview on The Daily Show

All League

Bill Clinton interview on The Daily Show

***spoiler*** TDS and Bill Clinton are liberal.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...-clinton-pt--1

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Looks like death.

Wasn't it the same Bill Clinton that said that Romney was more qualified then Obama this past summer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I saw it last night. Decent interview, nothing special.

Clinton looks like an absolute genius right now - but TBH that's only in comparision to the contemporaries in his previous job, so that doesn't really say much. From Reagan onwards the only one I think stands up to Clinton's record is actually Bush 1 - which is bizarre to say, but Bush 1 inherited a Reagan recession, and actually showed some leadership on the global stage. Bush 1 was a real leader. Respect.

Reagan is in my mind the worst President the USA has ever had - your current debt issues and economic situation are due to Reagan, or to put it more bluntly, due to his "advisors" given he was senile for his second term. Reagan, or probably more likely whoever was "advising" him have ruined the USA - so sad - great country in the muck because of the greedy mistakes of a few. What a strange situation it is the current Republicans are running on the same policies that wrecked your country in the first place - ie the supply side/tax cut rubbish that has proven to be an economic furphy. Obama has inherited a **** sandwich but he doesn't really have much leadership about him does he?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I saw it last night. Decent interview, nothing special.
    I wish he were President today.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Clinton looks like an absolute genius right now - but TBH that's only in comparision to the contemporaries in his previous job, so that doesn't really say much. From Reagan onwards the only one I think stands up to Clinton's record is actually Bush 1 - which is bizarre to say, but Bush 1 inherited a Reagan recession, and actually showed some leadership on the global stage. Bush 1 was a real leader. Respect.

Reagan is in my mind the worst President the USA has ever had - your current debt issues and economic situation are due to Reagan, or to put it more bluntly, due to his "advisors" given he was senile for his second term. Reagan, or probably more likely whoever was "advising" him have ruined the USA - so sad - great country in the muck because of the greedy mistakes of a few. What a strange situation it is the current Republicans are running on the same policies that wrecked your country in the first place - ie the supply side/tax cut rubbish that has proven to be an economic furphy. Obama has inherited a **** sandwich but he doesn't really have much leadership about him does he?
    Agree about Bush I. He was a statesman.

Reagan, well, I wouldn't go as far as you did with "worst ever" - I'd say mediocre and overrated, but I agree on principle that supply-side economics coupled with massive defense spending is not a recipe for a strong middle class and prudent foreign policy.

And I agree on Obama, he hasn't shown the leadership that we who voted for him, expected. It's too bad Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman didn't win the R nomination, I'd have voted for them over Obama even being a liberal myself.

Instead we've got a mediocre Obama or Mitt "cut 5 trillion in taxes over 10 years and increase the military budget" Romney.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I wish he were President today.
    The Clinton economy benefited from the rise of the internet and nearly every home purchasing a computer. New channels of commerce emerged.

I would much rather have Clinton than Obama b.c Clinton was a fiscal conservative but he got a huge boost from something that any president would have benefited from.

Clinton's spending was kept under control by a Republican held house and Senate. Obama has no excuse he had control of the house and senate for 2 years of wild spending and no federal budget.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Clinton economy benefited from the rise of the internet and nearly every home purchasing a computer. New channels of commerce emerged.

I would much rather have Clinton than Obama b.c Clinton was a fiscal conservative but he got a huge boost from something that any president would have benefited from.
    Right. After dinging Bush I for raising taxes the thing B J did was raise income taxes prolonging a recession then let his Unelected Commie wife try to shove her version of Obamacare down the countrys throat, which led to the GOP congress.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Two things -

if you're going to hold Clinton "lucky" for his circumstances, which I'm in agreement - the internet is an economic dynamo, then you should also look at the circumstances when Obama came into office.

secondly, think about this No tax raise pledge the right has around the neck of every GOP member of Congress and then think about if that was the case during the Clinton administration.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Two things -

if you're going to hold Clinton "lucky" for his circumstances, which I'm in agreement - the internet is an economic dynamo, then you should also look at the circumstances when Obama came into office.

secondly, think about this No tax raise pledge the right has around the neck of every GOP member of Congress and then think about if that was the case during the Clinton administration.
    good post.

Cons can't have it both ways;

a. Clinton should not get credit for the economy because in reality he had little control over it.

b. Obama should get blame for the economy because in reality he had control over it.

Which is it? And please no bed time stories about how the republicans controlled spending; they have proven over the past thirty years that just like the democrats, when they are in power they spend like drunken sailors on shore leave.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 09-22-2012 at 10:49 AM.