Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/21

Jets Tweets & Info 9/21

Ryan hopes sleep cures Gang’s woes

Jets coach Rex Ryan was unhappy with the way his team practiced last week, feeling it contributed to a 27-10 loss to the Steelers.

This week, he made some changes.

Ryan pushed the team’s schedule back 90 minutes, The Post has learned, to give the players more time to sleep in the morning so they would be more well rested.

“I guess he just wanted guys to get a little more rest and sleep in a little bit,” guard Brandon Moore said. “They’ve had some people come in and help figure out the best things to play at optimum levels. Rest is one of them and recovery. He just tinkered it a little bit to give us an extra hour of sleep and push things back a little bit.”

Ryan also cut practice and meeting times down so the players would not have to spend as much time at the team’s training facility. The Jets have also stressed to their players to focus on hydration this week, facing hot temperatures in Miami on Sunday.

Quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh, speaking to the media for the first time this season, said Mark Sanchez knows he’s “a damn good quarterback and he welcomed Tim [Tebow].”

Cavanaugh said having Tebow as a backup has been a learning experience for Sanchez and he predicted the fourth-year starter will have a “successful” year.

Asked if he had specific statistic targets for Sanchez to hit, he said no.

Cavanaugh said he told Sanchez: “Just win, Mark, and everybody will recognize you as a great quarterback.”

Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons told reporters in Pittsburgh he was fined $21,000 for his helmet-to-helmet hit last week on Sanchez.

Safety LaRon Landry has drawn three personal fouls in two games, but said he won’t change the way he plays.

“That all comes with my style of play,” Landry said. “I got to be more cognizant of where I’m at on the field and play a little smarter, but I won’t slow down.”

Landry has gotten two penalties for hitting players out of bounds. He did not practice Thursday because of the team resting his heel that he injured last year.

There was a lot of attention on cornerback Antonio Cromartie possibly playing wide receiver this season, but Cromartie said the coaches have not talked about it since training camp. Cromartie pronounced he was the second-best wide receiver on the team early in camp.

“We’ve got everybody healthy,” Cromartie said about the wide receivers. “There hasn’t been any discussion.”

Cromartie gave up a crucial touchdown to the Steelers’ Mike Wallace last Sunday, but refused to discuss it. Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said Cromartie simply misplayed the ball.

“Early on, I thought he was in good position, and then I don’t know whether he lost it,” Pettine said. “It was just one of those situations where he didn’t play the ball and Wallace did. We say it’s a game of inches, you could say it was a game of centimeters on that one. It was very close to being a long foul ball.”

OLB Bryan Thomas (hamstring), FB John Conner (knee) and CB Ellis Lankster (back) did not practice. TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) and S Eric Smith (hip/knee) were limited in practice after not practicing Wednesday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...8D1FE4aGqyYWAP

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Rest that heel, hammer.

Hall Of Fame
    Jeez. Less practicing with the new CBA. Less contact. Less meetings. And now they need more sleep?

This team will never beat the Steelers, Ravens or 49ers. We just aren't tough enough.

If I am the Dolphins I am taking this as a slap in the face. Looks to me like the Jets are taking their foot off the gas.

What will be the excuse on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jeez. Less practicing with the new CBA. Less contact. Less meetings. And now they need more sleep?

This team will never beat the Steelers, Ravens or 49ers. We just aren't tough enough.

If I am the Dolphins I am taking this as a slap in the face. Looks to me like the Jets are taking their foot off the gas.

Dolphins probably won't need an excuse Monday, they aren't supposed to win this game.

Veteran

More appropriate, what will be your excuse when the jets win.

letting players sleep in?, cutting down practice and meeting times?? Is this a joke?? Sleeping in and decreasing preparation time is supposed improve the team??

NFL warns all 32 teams about confronting replacement officials

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ment-officials

What's the deal with Keller? This was a minor injury where they kept saying he would play week 1 to now being out for a 3rd week????

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    What's the deal with Keller? This was a minor injury where they kept saying he would play week 1 to now being out for a 3rd week????
    He did play week 1 and had a setback...

Banned
    ...and the usual morons are b!tching again. What else is new?

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks for doing these CMart

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He did play week 1 and had a setback...
    true

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    ...and the usual morons are b!tching again. What else is new?
    Its how some breathe...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets ran only 51 offensive plays last week vs. Steelers. Third fewest snaps taken in 56 games under Rex Ryan

Banned
    Jets ran only 51 offensive plays last week vs. Steelers. Third fewest snaps taken in 56 games under Rex Ryan
    That's what happens when your defense can not create turnovers or get off the field on 3rd down.

Tha'ts what happens when your coaching staff is a bunch
    of useless morons who don't take a QB out of the game
    after he gets crushed and can't think.

Too bad we don't have a back up with a history of
    crushing the Steelers under high pressure on their
    home field, oh wait, we do.

Glad everythings honkey dorey for those with no standards.

Veteran

it's such a vague measuring stick ... toughness. I think Mark Sanchez is good enough; as much as people criticize Rex Ryan, for most of his coaching tenure this team is coached well enough (... how easily we forget the Herman Edwards, Kotite, Coslet experiences)

The reality is we fall short of the Steelers, Ravens and 49er's because this team as a complete entity is not good enough, specifically, there is not enough talent on this team. Our drafting has been okay but not spectacular.

Each of those three teams you mentioned are significantly better than the Jets in one important factor, enough to mean that they are more likely to accrue more wins in a given season. The Steelers had some luck along with good drafting in selecting a QB good enough to carry a team. The Ravens in the past have been significantly overall better at drafting than the Jets (and like all good teams had some drafting luck along the way). The Niner's are very well coached and have accrued enough talent despite having average QB play.

The reason the Jets are on the outside looking in is talent. It's a team game, Darelle Revis cannot play right tackle, he can only cover so much of the defensive field. The Jets have drafted some decent football players but you need enough of them at enough positions to compete at the highest level.
    Luck plays a role, it could be much worse - we could be Cleveland.

To me you have to take some chances in coaching and drafting. Two examples. I am sure many are glad I do not coach the Jets because I would not have kneeled down with thirty seconds on the clock before the half against a team like the Steelers. Sure it might have been intercepted and returned for a touchdown but we are not good enough to play a conservative game against a roster that has significantly better talent. My second example is the Redskins. I like what Shanahan did in drafting RG3. Of course it could have blown up in his face, but he realizes that he, Mike Shanahan as head coach has little to loose. Without drafting a significantly better QB, all the best coaching in the world will not get him back to the Superbowl. This was his last shot at steering his franchise back to where he might relive his glory days with Elway and he took it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    letting players sleep in?, cutting down practice and meeting times?? Is this a joke?? Sleeping in and decreasing preparation time is supposed improve the team??
    Right, as a reward for pooping the bed and getting punked by Pitts. Brilliant!

This Board after a win- "Noone can beat us. We are the best! Rex is the man Sanchez is awesome...D awesome!

This board after a loss-"Sanchez sucks.....Fire Rex and Tanny...trade Revis...everything the team does is a mistake.....we are not tough enough...gonna be a long season"

Meanwhile we are 1-1 and in first place....I love Jets fans...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    This Board after a win- "Noone can beat us. We are the best! Rex is the man Sanchez is awesome...D awesome!

This board after a loss-"Sanchez sucks.....Fire Rex and Tanny...trade Revis...everything the team does is a mistake.....we are not tough enough...gonna be a long season"

Meanwhile we are 1-1 and in first place....I love Jets fans...*sigh*

I agree with you, but to me it's more about the way we lost. We lose a tough game 27-24 its a different story but we saw a lot of the 2011 Jets in last weeks game.