Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Said to Have Deal With Time Warner for NFL Network, RedZone

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL Said to Have Deal With Time Warner for NFL Network, RedZone

The National Football League reached agreement with Time Warner (TWC) Cable Inc. to carry the league-owned NFL Network and RedZone Channel, a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

The multiyear accord may be announced later today, according to the person, who was granted anonymity because the contract hasn’t been signed. New York-based Time Warner, the second-largest U.S. cable company with about 12 million subscribers, had been the only major cable provider without the NFL Network. It isn’t known when the channels will appear on Time Warner systems, the person said.

The agreement comes about a month after the most-watched U.S. sports league reached agreement with Cablevision Systems Inc. to carry the two channels.

NFL Network airs 13 primetime regular-season games. RedZone is a game-day network that shows touchdowns and important plays inside the 20-yard line.

NFL Network will carry the Cleveland Browns at the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 27.

Time Warner spokeswoman Maureen Huff declined to comment. NFL spokesmen Brian McCarthy and Dan Masonson didn’t immediately return e-mails and phone calls seeking comment on whether an agreement had been reached.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...k-redzone.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    hells f'ing yeah

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ
    Time Warner Cable and NFL sources confirm the deal. NFL RedZone will be up and running this Sunday

NFL Network will be on Time Warner Cable's digital basic tier. NFL RedZone will be on the sports tier.

One caveat to the Time Warner Cable-NFL Network agreement: the deal has not been signed officially. But the two sides have agreed to terms.

Yes, the deal includes Bright House, too. RT @GlennDio what about bright house?

Time Warner Cable and NFL Network agree to a deal. Network will be up and running by the next game. Nice scoop by @soshnick.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    O THANK JESUS

Seriously so happy right now

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The National Football League reached agreement with Time Warner (TWC) Cable Inc. to carry the league-owned NFL Network and RedZone Channel, a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

The multiyear accord may be announced later today, according to the person, who was granted anonymity because the contract hasnít been signed. New York-based Time Warner, the second-largest U.S. cable company with about 12 million subscribers, had been the only major cable provider without the NFL Network. It isnít known when the channels will appear on Time Warner systems, the person said.

The agreement comes about a month after the most-watched U.S. sports league reached agreement with Cablevision Systems Inc. to carry the two channels.

NFL Network airs 13 primetime regular-season games. RedZone is a game-day network that shows touchdowns and important plays inside the 20-yard line.

NFL Network will carry the Cleveland Browns at the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 27.

Time Warner spokeswoman Maureen Huff declined to comment. NFL spokesmen Brian McCarthy and Dan Masonson didnít immediately return e-mails and phone calls seeking comment on whether an agreement had been reached.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...k-redzone.html
    Hellz to the yeah!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mazel Tov to all TW subscribers. When I moved last year, I switched to FIOS almost solely b/c of the RZ Channel. Fantastic decision.

The RZ channel is arguably better than the Direct TB Package. Its like having the entire package and an omniscent DJ changing the channel for you at exactly the right time.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Mazel Tov to all TW subscribers. When I moved last year, I switched to FIOS almost solely b/c of the RZ Channel. Fantastic decision.

The RZ channel is arguably better than the Direct TB Package. Its like having the entire package and an omniscent DJ changing the channel for you at exactly the right time.
    +1

like watching all 9 games at the same time without moving from screen to screen. Plus you get to see the utterly amazing feat every week of the RZ host not leaving his chair for seven hours --no snacks, no pee breaks -- nothing

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to Time Warner subscribers. The NFL Network, and specifically Redzone, have completely changed the way I watch football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Figured it was only a matter of time after Cablevision got it. Plus the Thursday Night games.

Now everyone can watch Heath Evans and crew bash us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    FINALLY!!!

And, as mentioned, once the Cablevision deal got done it was only a matter of time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I'll never leave the house.

NEVER!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

About friggin time.

On a good note, my wife will hate it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +1

like watching all 9 games at the same time without moving from screen to screen. Plus you get to see the utterly amazing feat every week of the RZ host not leaving his chair for seven hours --no snacks, no pee breaks -- nothing
    Thats like the Starter at the British Open - the dude stays at his post from the first group to the last. No food, no piss, no nuthin.

Edit: Ivor Robson's his name. Love that guy.
    Last edited by crasherino; 09-21-2012 at 11:59 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Figured it was only a matter of time after Cablevision got it. Plus the Thursday Night games.

Now everyone can watch Heath Evans and crew bash us.
    LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How exactly does RZ work? Is the screen split to show all games and then zooms in to a game when a team enters the RZ or does it change from game to game based on scoring threat?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    How exactly does RZ work? Is the screen split to show all games and then zooms in to a game when a team enters the RZ or does it change from game to game based on scoring threat?
    They cut in to any game that someone is in the Redzone. Sometimes they do a split screen if multiple teams are in the RZ, but not all the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Touchdown! Time Warner Cable Signs Multiyear Carriage Deal With NFL Network

After 10 years, Time Warner Cable and NFL Network finally have agreed to a carriage deal, according to multiple sources. The deal has not been signed, but the two sides have agreed to terms that should see NFL Network and NFL RedZone launch by this Sunday's NFL games. The deal, which was first reported by Bloomberg, could be announced as soon as Friday afternoon. Sources said TWC will carry NFL Network on its digital basic tier and will carry NFL RedZone on its sports tier. Bright House Network and former Insight subscribers also will get access to both networks, but it is not known where they will reside. As with most cable carriage agreements, the deal is for multiple years. TWC was the final remaining holdout among cable operators in refusing to cut a carriage deal. Cablevision last month signed a deal for NFL Network and NFL RedZone. The network increased its live game schedule from eight to 13 games this season, a fact one source pointed to as a potential reason for a deal getting cut. TWC was close to a deal to carry the channels last year, but talks blew up at the last minute over digital rights -- TWC wanted more than NFL Network was willing to provide, sources said. It is not clear how those digital rights are allocated in this new deal.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...L-Network.aspx

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the baby Jesus

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the Red Zone channel signs off after the last of the late games is over, they show every touchdown from the day, in chronological order. Its a great thing to see.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have the NFL ticket but I do have the NFL Network on my DirecTV. Does this mean that I will get the red zone and get to see all of the games without buying direcTV NFL ticket