Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Giants are everything I wish the Jets could be

The Giants are everything I wish the Jets could be

Watching Eli Manning dissect Carolina's pathetic defense last night, I found myself thinking that the Giants organization & team are everything I wish the Jets could be. Not only do they get to and win SB's but they know how to draft players in the later rounds, they know how to pluck guys off of other teams PS, know how to find and utilize TE's, know how to find stud pass rushing DL'men, and always manage to be competetive, if not real good, year in and year out.

I am completely jealous.

Jets Insider VIP
    go root for them

PLEASE

sadly it will require you to change your allegiance from the Patriots, but it might be worth it to make you happy

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    They have been at it since 1925 with one family.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    go root for them

PLEASE

sadly it will require you to change your allegiance from the Patriots, but it might be worth it to make you happy
    Agreed! We are Jets fans, and are in no way supposed to be in Giant-envy.

Hall Of Fame
    No, the 49ers are everything the Jets wanted to be.

Hall Of Fame
    No, the 49ers are everything the Jets wanted to be. And what homers pretend this team is.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They didn't miss a beat on the road and were w/o their starting RB, #1 WR, starting RT and return guy and wr in Hixon.

Biggest reason they win is because they have a QB. A QB that when push comes to shove can carry his team. Eli has his moments where he strugles, who doesn't. But more often then not he is tourching defenses.

having an elite QB helps. makes everyone better

Jets Insider VIP
    It's all about QB and the pass rushers, the two most important components of a championship caliber team in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    having an elite QB helps. makes everyone better
    Eli's a good QB. But he's not elite. The big difference is coaching, GM, and ownership.

you make it sound like were the Browns.

go tell a couple of their fans how bad we have it. they'll totally back you up.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Eli's a good QB. But he's not elite. The big difference is coaching, GM, and ownership.
    Good QB's don't have ice in their veins in crunch time and the biggest moments of games and the season. Good QB's don't take their team on 2 game winning drives to win Super Bowls. Good QB's don't throw for 510 yards.

Rivers is a good QB. Schaub is a good QB. Eli is absolutely elite! Eli is also sick on the road in huge games.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL. Eli is certainly elite.

And if he played the Pats every game from here on out he'd become the greatest QB of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Watching Eli Manning dissect Carolina's pathetic defense last night, I found myself thinking that the Giants organization & team are everything I wish the Jets could be. Not only do they get to and win SB's but they know how to draft players in the later rounds, they know how to pluck guys off of other teams PS, know how to find and utilize TE's, know how to find stud pass rushing DL'men, and always manage to be competetive, if not real good, year in and year out.

I am completely jealous.
    You think Coughlin would start (and be so giddy) about Revis playing this week after the CB was drinking alcohol in a bar nursing a concussion while his teammates were losing in Pittsburgh?

Coughlin would tell Revis to "go kiss his ass"

Our coach goes on the radio and acts like a school girl about his return.

Pathetic

Did you write this post in 2006 and drop it in a time capsule? Eli is elite, without question.

Banned
    Not sure where you are drawing your line for elite QB status, but after Brady, Brees and Rodgers, Eli is right up there.

And I agree, the Giants coaching, GM and ownership is outstanding.

Agreed. We have a hard time making everything go right when the starters are present and accounted for. Take one of them out and its a debacle (see last week). They go without their starting RB, starting RT, and starting WR and don't miss a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You think Coughlin would start (and be so giddy) about Revis playing this week after the CB was drinking alcohol in a bar nursing a concussion while his teammates were losing in Pittsburgh?

Coughlin would tell Revis to "go kiss his ass"

Our coach goes on the radio and acts like a school girl about his return.

Pathetic
    how dare our head coach be excited that our best player is back, on his defense, at a position that his schemes so heavily rely upon.

and show me the proof he actually drank alcohol.

forget the thread, dump this post.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Good QB's don't have ice in their veins in crunch time and the biggest moments of games and the season. Good QB's don't take their team on 2 game winning drives to win Super Bowls. Good QB's don't throw for 510 yards.

Rivers is a good QB. Schaub is a good QB. Eli is absolutely elite! Eli is also sick on the road in huge games.
    Well said. There is no grouping of elite QBs that can justifiably leave off Manning at this point. The guy wins games when he's getting his bell rung - what he's shown in the past two weeks is that if you give him time he will eat you alive.

Want more proof? Who was Eli throwing to last night? Other than Cruz, he literally had nothing but castoffs and former bench warmers running patterns. Result = Ramses Barden will probably be picked up in 60% of fantasy leagues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Id take eli over any qb in the league. He is not just elite, he is the best qb in the game. His beating brady twice in the super bowl and rodgers on the road last year proved that.