Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Giants are everything I wish the Jets could be

Quote Originally Posted by Silva View Post
    If its the best CB that ever played in the League, i think so.
    Loser mentality afraid of the star player

Tom Coughlin and any other HC that sees the big picture wouldn't.

Its why Tom Coughlin is a winner.

Its why Rex Ryan talks about being a winner.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

Just like Parcells threw LT off the team. Never would have won with that loser.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah right. Like him running out on the field to get in players faces screaming at them until his face turns purple. Very composed and professional. The same way he went off last week on Tampa. Our regular season record is better than theirs under Rex btw. You guys are pathetic. Coughlin is like 90 years old and was almost run out of town before he barely made the playoffs with a 9-7 team. Why are you people Jet fans? The Giants are straight laced and uptight. They've been around for 100 years. The Jets are AFL and the outcasts. Namath was never supposed to win, and we never will be supposed to win. You knew this when you became a fan. Don't blame them that you didn't pick the team that reflects your personality. When we do win it will be all the more sweet. Well that's the idea anyway.

Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rextilleon and his ilk arent anything remotely close to Jet fans

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    The opposite. You are not a fan. Fans demand, you sound like you swallowed the Kool-Aid.

This is all Leon Hess' fault.

Really? Tom Coughlin coached 12 years, including being fired once, before winning a Super Bowl. Rex is only in his 4th and has never had a losing record.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 09-23-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Really? Tom Coughlin coached 12 years, including being fired once, before winning a Super Bowl. Rex is only in his 4th and has never had a losing record.

I love fans!!!
    true but in the big picture...Coughlin coached in JAX. Heck....Parcells would lose in JAX. I like Rex, but he has some growing up to do and the teams main problems which are talent stem from REX not knowing or demanding better players.

I seriously doubt our draft would look the same if Parcells, Mangini or Coughlin were here. We are weak in depth in many positions, except Haitian linemen of course.

And as a Kool aid drinker pointed out....punt protection we are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    true but in the big picture...Coughlin coached in JAX. Heck....Parcells would lose in JAX. I like Rex, but he has some growing up to do and the teams main problems which are talent stem from REX not knowing or demanding better players.

I seriously doubt our draft would look the same if Parcells, Mangini or Coughlin were here. We are weak in depth in many positions, except Haitian linemen of course.

And as a Kool aid drinker pointed out....punt protection we are the best.
    I agree with your point about Rex needing some growing-up. He is a good HC and it takes time to grow in the position. He is only beginning his 4th year and has already brought more success to the Jets then they've had in years.

I agree with your point about Rex needing some growing-up. He is a good HC and it takes time to grow in the position. He is only beginning his 4th year and has already brought more success to the Jets then they've had in years.
    I like Rex too. I am not confident we can win it all withbREX as our highest football mind. Tanny is in over his head and doesn't know it and Woody meddles.

We need a REAL football man at GM.

HIRE MANGINI as GM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Whats your point?
    My point is that you need to man up or nut off.

I like Rex too. I am not confident we can win it all withbREX as our highest football mind. Tanny is in over his head and doesn't know it and Woody meddles.

We need a REAL football man at GM.

HIRE MANGINI as GM.
    I agree ... Keep Bean Counter as financial consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree ... Keep Bean Counter as financial consultant.
    Anybody watching the GIANTS? Solid roster, solid coaching. Plenty of late round picks , UDFAs, all contributing.

Woody.....please sell the team to someone who knows how to manage a business and a team.

How any JETS fan can give a pass to Tanny is simply mind boggling. I just compared the 2010 through 2012 drafts as well as UDFA signings.

They are so superior to ours.

Veteran
    The OP obviously wants the Jets to be *******z

Anybody watching the GIANTS? Solid roster, solid coaching. Plenty of late round picks , UDFAs, all contributing.

Woody.....please sell the team to someone who knows how to manage a business and a team.

How any JETS fan can give a pass to Tanny is simply mind boggling. I just compared the 2010 through 2012 drafts as well as UDFA signings.

They are so superior to ours.
    100% right on the money SP. I am not surpirised, you are one of the posters who sees exactly what is happening with our pathetic ownership

My daughter just said, I think I kinda like the Giants. Normally I would shoot her a look, today I gave her a look like I totally understand.

100% right on the money SP. I am not surpirised, you are one of the posters who sees exactly what is happening with our pathetic ownership

My daughter just said, I think I kinda like the Giants. Normally I would shoot her a look, today I gave her a look like I totally understand.
    I'm a little older than you...my 26 YO daughter married a GIANTS fan last year. Good guy, my daughter commented that they seem to not have the passion we JETS fans have. Anger, passion...what's the difference.

Except that Rex' style is always against the grain. When your entire philosophy is to throw out any and everything that good coaches do when running their team you put yourself up for criticism.

Rex talk's more trash than any HC ever, his team's are undisciplined, has not developed one player, never disciplines his players, over hypes his own players to the point where many believe it hurts the player, chose team captain out of fear, admits to not addressing 2/3 of the game (special teams and offense)

Not exactly how you would write the book on good coaching. If it works, more power to you, but when it dont, not much sympathy because it screams of arrogance.

It is amazing how good the Giants are, even without 2 of their best WR's today, 41 points, or without their best RB (Car game 42 points I think). I am convinced our CS is deficient, our player development is deficient, and our scouting is deficient. What does that all mean? It means that we are in for 3 more bad years AFTER we start over, and misery until then with no hope.

the NY JETS, 43 yrs of misery and continuing

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    It is amazing how good the Giants are, even without 2 of their best WR's today, 41 points, or without their best RB (Car game 42 points I think). I am convinced our CS is deficient, our player development is deficient, and our scouting is deficient. What does that all mean? It means that we are in for 3 more bad years AFTER we start over, and misery until then with no hope.
    Thats Jets Football.