Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Jets need a Steve Smith type good article

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    You sir, are uneducated and not correct.

    Lolol! Steve smith stuck through the panthers through the terrible last two years of jake delhomme, matt moore, testaverde?!

    Holmes had a b*tch fit after one bad season and wouldn't even talk to his quarterback.
    Smith could have put together a possible HOF career if he demanded out and played with a top tier quarterback but he sacrificed all that for carolina. Holmes only cares about himself. And if you truly think he cares about helping Sanchez if the ball is not going his way then youre a delusional jet fan
    Don't forget Jimmy Clausen

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    You sir, are uneducated and not correct.

    Lolol! Steve smith stuck through the panthers through the terrible last two years of jake delhomme, matt moore, testaverde?!

    Holmes had a b*tch fit after one bad season and wouldn't even talk to his quarterback.
    Smith could have put together a possible HOF career if he demanded out and played with a top tier quarterback but he sacrificed all that for carolina. Holmes only cares about himself. And if you truly think he cares about helping Sanchez if the ball is not going his way then youre a delusional jet fan
    I am a huge Smith fan and he is no team leader. He has a history of slacking off and yeah he stuck it out though his big contract. Kind of. Poor baby yeah he never asked to be traded. I guess after Holmes sticks it out through the Sanchez era he gets that right too. This is my point Holmes gets bashed in this thread because he has not lit up Sanchez? But if he did we still ask for his butt. My quote is about people that are just hating on Holmes because he got paid. Get over it he is not always wrong on everything.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,080
    Jets just need to win.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    My quote is about people that are just hating on Holmes because he got paid. Get over it he is not always wrong on everything.
    I dislike Holmes because he is a selfish underperforming malcontent. I don't care about the money ... If he was playing up to expectations and a true team guy .... I'd be totally supportive ...
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-23-2012 at 10:23 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I am a huge Smith fan and he is no team leader. He has a history of slacking off and yeah he stuck it out though his big contract. Kind of. Poor baby yeah he never asked to be traded. I guess after Holmes sticks it out through the Sanchez era he gets that right too. This is my point Holmes gets bashed in this thread because he has not lit up Sanchez? But if he did we still ask for his butt. My quote is about people that are just hating on Holmes because he got paid. Get over it he is not always wrong on everything.
    Where the heck do you get that from? You couldn't be further from the truth. There is no harder working player on the Panthers squad. And that goes for practice too. And on his time off, he coaches his son's soccer team, is a part time owner in a sports franchise, is a financial planning intern for Morgan Stanley and does charity work in Carolina.

    And if that's not enough he is 1 of the only 7 receivers in the history of the NFL to win the Receiver Triple Crown in 2005, #1 in receptions, touchdowns and yards in a single season(with Jake Delhomme as a QB) and is currently leading the NFL in reception yards and averaging 21.1 yards per reception. Yeah....slacker....

    One thing that's true about Smith, is he has a mouth, but the thing I like about him and reason he gets away with it, is I have never seen him open except AFTER he backs it up with his play. Not before.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 09-23-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Where the heck do you get that from? You couldn't be further from the truth. There is no harder working player on the Panthers squad. And that goes for practice too. And on his time off, he coaches his son's soccer team, is a part time owner in a sports franchise, is a financial planning intern for Morgan Stanley and does charity work in Carolina.

    And if that's not enough he is 1 of the only 7 receivers in the history of the NFL to win the Receiver Triple Crown in 2005, #1 in receptions, touchdowns and yards in a single season(with Jake Delhomme as a QB) and is currently leading the NFL in reception yards and averaging 21.1 yards per reception. Yeah....slacker....

    One thing that's true about Smith, is he has a mouth, but the thing I like about him and reason he gets away with it, is I have never seen him open except AFTER he backs it up with his play. Not before.
    I have followed the Panthers a long time. More then one coach has commented on his preseason work ethic. There is nothing shining about his history. He talks big too he just doesn't get the press Holmes gets because he is in Carolina. He gets minor injuries to get out of preseason work out almost every year. It is well known, that is his MO. He is a very good talent but not an outstanding team leader. And what the hell doe sthat have to even do with my 1st comment!

    Bottom line Holmes says the same thing he gets bashed for it. PERIOD! Your arguing is just proving my 1st comment. Your making excuses to bash Holmes for not being someone else. lol People say Holmes would not say this because he doesn't care but it he did it would be out of line. Oh but Smith says it and it is outstanding leader ship. What a crock. People stop hating.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have followed the Panthers a long time. More then one coach has commented on his preseason work ethic. There is nothing shining about his history. He talks big too he just doesn't get the press Holmes gets because he is in Carolina. He gets minor injuries to get out of preseason work out almost every year. It is well known, that is his MO. He is a very good talent but not an outstanding team leader. And what the hell doe sthat have to even do with my 1st comment!

    Bottom line Holmes says the same thing he gets bashed for it. PERIOD! Your arguing is just proving my 1st comment. Your making excuses to bash Holmes for not being someone else. lol People say Holmes would not say this because he doesn't care but it he did it would be out of line. Oh but Smith says it and it is outstanding leader ship. What a crock. People stop hating.
    What a crock of ****. I live 30 minutes from Charlotte and have followed the Panthers since they first became a franchise and I have never heard either Fox nor Rivera ever say anything negative about Smith's work ethic, the only 2 coaches he ever played under. Quite the contrary. He has been the definition of work ethic in Carolina ever since we drafted him. His accomplishments speak for themselves and the man runs routes better than anyone I have ever seen. Proof of your nonsense or I will just assume you are talking out of your ass.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    What a crock of ****. I live 30 minutes from Charlotte and have followed the Panthers since they first became a franchise and I have never heard either Fox nor Rivera ever say anything negative about Smith's work ethic, the only 2 coaches he ever played under. Quite the contrary. He has been the definition of work ethic in Carolina ever since we drafted him. His accomplishments speak for themselves and the man runs routes better than anyone I have ever seen. Proof of your nonsense or I will just assume you are talking out of your ass.
    What does that have to do with Holmes? Why are people avoiding the whole point of the comment? Don't be shy say what you really want. No matter what Holmes does he is wrong right?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    What a crock of ****. I live 30 minutes from Charlotte and have followed the Panthers since they first became a franchise and I have never heard either Fox nor Rivera ever say anything negative about Smith's work ethic, the only 2 coaches he ever played under. Quite the contrary. He has been the definition of work ethic in Carolina ever since we drafted him. His accomplishments speak for themselves and the man runs routes better than anyone I have ever seen. Proof of your nonsense or I will just assume you are talking out of your ass.
    FYI I also lived in that area for 5 years during the Smith era. So please.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    FYI I also lived in that area for 5 years during the Smith era. So please.
    It's still the Smith era. And I see no proof of your ridiculous statements. You are the only person I have ever heard make statements like that about Smith. Ever.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    It's still the Smith era. And I see no proof of your ridiculous statements. You are the only person I have ever heard make statements like that about Smith. Ever.
    Then you need to follow the Panthers more. Look it up your self. This thread is about Holmes.

  12. #32
    Alright Hill Iam drunk and wearing sweatpants, still I prolly would have caught that corner route. CATCH THE BALL *******!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING LOTS OF MONEY!!!! That one was easy.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Alright Hill Iam drunk and wearing sweatpants, still I prolly would have caught that corner route. CATCH THE BALL *******!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING LOTS OF MONEY!!!! That one was easy.
    Perhaps Wrex was right about him. I mean cum on man WTF

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Then you need to follow the Panthers more. Look it up your self. This thread is about Holmes.
    There is no player I follow closer than Steve Smith. It's also about Smith, and considering you still haven't provided anything to back up your statements, I rest my case. You're talking out of your ass. Done arguing with you.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    There is no player I follow closer than Steve Smith. It's also about Smith, and considering you still haven't provided anything to back up your statements, I rest my case. You're talking out of your ass. Done arguing with you.
    What? What was our argument? You still haven't said anything about Holmes and that is who we are talking about. If you can't bring **** to the convo stay out of it. Not just change the subject because you dont like it. I dont care if you lack knowledge on Smith. That is not the point of the thread.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us