Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mormonism and Scientology....

Jets Insider VIP

Mormonism and Scientology....

What are the differences?

Everyone who is ready to vote for Romney. Explain the differences between electing Tom Cruise and Mitt.

I want concise differences. Not the normal brushing off like your party is famous for.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Mitt doesn't like lil boys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not to derail the thread (at least not maliciously), but I believe most people that have taken up the Romney flag as of late are doing so as a vote against Obama than as a vote FOR Romnster. Just MHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not to derail the thread (at least not maliciously), but I believe most people that have taken up the Romney flag as of late are doing so as a vote against Obama than as a vote FOR Romnster. Just MHO.
    Although I won't be voting Romney, I did consider it, and the fact that he was Mormon didn't affect my decision either way. Who fuggin cares? That is, unless you're a bigot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Although I won't be voting Romney, I did consider it, and the fact that he was Mormon didn't affect my decision either way. Who fuggin cares? That is, unless you're a bigot?
    That's ridiculous.

(D) are not bigoted.

Are they?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Who's the bigot?

The person that cares or the person that belongs to a cult that thinks that anyone who doesn't believe in the same thing is going to be burned alive for thousands of years....and who believes that anyone who doesn't go to a Mormon church is a sub-human who will toss the salad of real Mormons in Mormon heaven?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Jets Insider VIP
    Think about it, weak minded fool

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Who's the bigot?

The person that cares or the person that belongs to a cult that thinks that anyone who doesn't believe in the same thing is going to be burned alive for thousands of years....and who believes that anyone who doesn't go to a Mormon church is a sub-human who will toss the salad of real Mormons in Mormon heaven?

Think about it, weak minded fool

Dude.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Who's the bigot?

Oooh, oooh, oooh! What about the cult that thinks women are sub-human and feel that anyone that doesn't follow their religion is a heathen...and that any who draw a picture of some dude named Mo are worthy of death....and that if you wear a funny hat on your head that you deserve to have your head lopped off.

You mean guys like that, amirite?

Politics make you loony, friend PK. And you're the last person I would expect to bring religion into any point you are trying to favorably make.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know what Mormonism but I think it is better than Islam.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Oooh, oooh, oooh! What about the cult that thinks women are sub-human and feel that anyone that doesn't follow their religion is a heathen...and that any who draw a picture of some dude named Mo are worthy of death....and that if you wear a funny hat on your head that you deserve to have your head lopped off.

You mean guys like that, amirite?

Politics make you loony, friend PK. And you're the last person I would expect to bring religion into any point you are trying to favorably make.
    Cool.

So.

No difference between Scientology and Mormonism, huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    Not one set of balls here to take a stand for the religion of their political candidate, huh?

Not surprising. Bunch of empty ball bags here.

All League
    What are the differences?

Everyone who is ready to vote for Romney. Explain the differences between electing Tom Cruise and Mitt.

I want concise differences. Not the normal brushing off like your party is famous for.
    Why did you exclude Obama and that batsh!t crazy conspiracy theorist preacher he followed for a decade or so? Gee, I wonder...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Well for one, most who practice Scientology arent born into it...they choose it because its programs help them hide...aspects of their lives...that better remain hidden, in their opinion.

Hello? Tom Cruise....John Travolta....need I say more?

I wont fault Romney for practicing the religion he was born into any more than I would fault a Catholic, born into it, for believing that a white guy with a beard in the sky is God's son.

Do you anticipate Romney pushing Mormonism on Americans?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Why did you exclude Obama and that batsh!t crazy conspiracy theorist preacher he followed for a decade or so? Gee, I wonder...
    Rev. Wright.

And we know why Plumber excluded him.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Not one set of balls here to take a stand for the religion of their political candidate, huh?

I don't base my vote on religion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Cool.

So.

Read this piece on director Paul Haggis leaving scientology when he realized it was a cult (http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...fa_fact_wright). Or better yet, ask the family members related to people who have "mysteriously" died while undergoing "treatment" at scientology headquarters in Clearwater, FL. It's a cult, dude, pure and simple. It's a cult not based on faith but based on money, and hoodwinking idiots.

Why is it my job to take a stand for Romney's religion? It's not my religion, I don't have to defend it. I will, however, defend his right to practice whichever religion he wants.

Normally I wouldn't vote Mormon but if it's a choice between a Muslim or a Christian cult member or a Mormon got to go with the lesser of 3 evils.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Normally I wouldn't vote Mormon but if it's a choice between a Muslim or a Christian cult member or a Mormon got to go with the lesser of 3 evils.
    Willlbrrrrr.

All League
    To be fair, when I watch/listen to Mitt Romney speak it does not remind me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0